What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

I'll give you an example. If an Indian user says that only Narendra Modi can fix all the problems of India, and we have total faith and trust in him. Then you need to reply to that user: Narendra Modi is no King or ruler of India. He's a public servant like any other and draws a salary from Indian taxpayers. He is your servant. You must question him all the time, that's how democracy in India is supposed to be. If you do not question your servants for their laziness and incompetence, then it means you don't deserve to keep servants. You probably want to live in a proper kingdom where the rulers methods are not questioned by anyone: please consider Brunei, Saudi Arabia, or the Emirati states, or the numerous tinpit dictatorships in Africa for your new nationality.

How would you go about making making an extremist/fascist person reflect on what is right and wrong? Take Hindutva followers for example. Is Hinduism in original form dearer to them or Hindutva ideology?

Undo and rewrite the warped/extremist ideology core beliefs by countering them with original beliefs and the correct context ... Hammer it in repeatedly. Make them reflect on it!

Another challenge for you guys is the Slave Mindset. In Pakistan we are undoing this rapidly but in India it is taking a strong hold.

we avoid topics which have been clearly posted to troll , abuse and bait us Indians

I have some thoughts on this, and will share it with the group once we have been in successful operation for a couple of days.

Is Hinduism in original form dearer to them or Hindutva ideology?

The challenge is to make them realise that the two concepts are orthogonal.

Undo and rewrite the warped/extremist ideology core beliefs by countering them with original beliefs and the correct context ... Hammer it in repeatedly. Make them reflect on it!

Now THAT is a genuinely interesting thought. Need to work on this. Thanks.

Another challenge for you guys is the Slave Mindset. In Pakistan we are undoing this rapidly but in India it is taking a strong hold.

What on earth is that?

I have to say that you are coming out with one interesting idea after another. Where has this side of you been hidden, pray, Sir?

@Joe Shearer @Shantanu_Left rein this one @Capt. Karnage in, if you can.

He was spouting filth about how minorities are openly persecuted in Bangladesh and how Bangladesh 'like all Islamic states' persecutes minorities nevermind that Bangladesh was and is a secular state.

I don't need to tell you that this is an outright lie, more so perpetuated by the BJP via aligned media outlets to generate votes.

Please try and reason with him, such generalized statements are hurtful to people's sentiments.

@Joe Shearer @Shantanu_Left rein this one @Capt. Karnage in, if you can.

He was spouting filth about how minorities are openly persecuted in Bangladesh and how Bangladesh 'like all Islamic states' persecutes minorities nevermind that Bangladesh was and is a secular state.

I don't need to tell you that this is an outright lie, more so perpetuated by the BJP via aligned media outlets to generate votes.

Please try and reason with him, such generalized statements are hurtful to people's sentiments.

Bhai, he is a suicide troll. Can you mark that passage, or post the URL?

Technically not possible. For rational discourse a brain is required.

This troll is a bad one.

You used the words tameez and tehzeeb, and I really think restoring those qualities in Indian posters is what this is all about.
Unfortunately those are the two qualities most lacking in our youth . In our day i doubt we would have had the guts to say what is said on this forum on a daily basis , may be it was our upbringing and may be its the anonymity of the internet , or a combination of both . What ever it is , its very churlish to say some thing here which we would not say to someones face.

Here's my first reply on this website as per the new Code. Pay attention, Indian kids. Here's a sample of how to reply to strangers on the Internet,

Thank you for pointing out the differences between our interpretations of why India is a nation in its own right. Your examples of America stand valid. Unfortunately, your understanding of India requires some corrections. India may not speak the same language but it's not the only country with multiple languages and ethnicities in the world. Malaysia, Singapore, Switzerland, and even Spain are multi-lingual, multi-ethnic countries.

As I told you before I am very much rooted in India despite my overseas citizenship. I am an optimist, and often have achieved a little more than diddly squat in all my endeavours. I don't expect you to understand my true potential.

I am actually a mutt Indian: 1/2 Punjabi, 1/4 Kashmiri, and 1/4 mystery meat. :what: But I do like certain aspects of Bengali culture. I speak 4-5 languages of India in total.

Even if I were a Bengali, your assumptions are invalid. India is a pretty multi-ethnic country now. People of one state often live in another, intermarry pretty often, sometimes even across religious barriers. India does have its fair share of problems but they aren't that many different nations.

Thank you for your enlightening perspective. You have a point of view I don't agree with. :smitten:

I'm not counting on that yet. Can't you edit the first post in Page 1 itself? Or is that option locked for you now?

No more confirmations needed. The code is voluntarily binding. There is no penalization but we can reprimand any of these 14 users for frequent violations. Also no 3 monitors needed. Everyone has the right to reprimand each other.

Each one follow your own version of this CoC as per Gandhian principles. It will eventually come together. Don't stress too much.

I am not that much of a fan of a Committee of 3 but if anyone wants to monitor the group, they are welcome. Even someone like @TheGreatMaratha who chooses not to be a part of the code, but agrees to follow its essential ideas, can remind others of code violations. Let's keep this thing organic and easy to manage.

Some castes are different, some are the same. That is true all over India.

Shaktas worship the Goddess. Vaishnavas and Saivas worship Ram and Shiva respectively. There is no absence of any one of these three in any region.

Even the shopkeepers in Lake Market speak Tamil; some speak Kannada as well. There are 18 Durga Pujas in Bangalore, and no shortage of Kannada-speaking Bengalis.

Interesting. Of course, the fact that Bengali priests are traditional in Rajasthan is irrelevant.

Ah, thank you for coming to the point. It wasn't about caste, religion, language, diet or any of those things. It was about Kashmir.

Again, you have a fascinating point of view. That's as far as it goes. But thank you for the time you have spent so far on a thread with the subject of a code of conduct for Indian members. As you correctly judged, it is so boring to hammer on about the same thing post after post after post, and your efforts at bringing in some change of topic are well appreciated. I speak for myself and not for those fastidious creatures, the Moderators, with their quaint notion of what is off-topic.

First of all Indian state is not multi cultural entity. It speaks in Hindi and english. Even English was included when some south Indians protested on imposition of Hindi. i mean just see how casually india imposes itself. When south indians, maha or bengal protests of language imposition instead of making efforts to include those languages in to governance it gives them english. Second rate citizenship is implicit in it.

Multi-linguistic countries are generally an exception. One language can be spread across many countries but more than one language in one country really doesn't exist in large countries. And where it is - those countries adopt a language which is equi distant from all like urdu in pakistan or english in singapore. And most of these multi-linguistic countries offer referendum for other languages to quit their country if they want - like Canada does to Quebec. Even Uk offered Scotland the referendum. On the other hand the barbaric India believes in murdering Kashmiris by thousands, raping them, blinding them and keep throwing mostly lower caste Indian men as sacrificial soldiers in the cauldron of kashmir but never offer referendum.

You guys claim to be "proud" indians but you have less empathy for your own countrymen than me for the struggles they go through just being an indian. How do you expect a tamil to feel when he keeps seeing his PM speak only in hindi ? how do these people feel when their so called parliament discusses only in hindi/english. They have no voice. It isnt a nation.

A mythical Indian identity has been created primarly among upper castes (brahmins leading the charge) among several languages by sucking them in to some sort of non-existing sanskrit nationalism. And these upper castes - brahmins of south, bhadralok of bengal have gladly thrown their own brethren under bus to get some crumbs from delhi. Look at delusionary claims of them - indians freely intermarry says @Shantanu_Left and bengalis speak tamil apparently according to @Joe Shearer . Thier india is like tiny 1 % or less of their populations and they build their pride on it while ignoring the suffering of 99. They offer nonsensical explanations that "soon" it will change. Despite being almost 75 years of indian independence.

That indian identity has also made you lot cruel beyond your own recognition. @Joe Shearer was complaining "oh so its all about kashmir" as if i am a party pooper to bring up such "boring" topics and get in the middle of the champagne popping celebrations of "indianness" built on dead bodies of thousands of kashmiris and their own soldiers.

This post was brought to my attention , @Joe Shearer .
Is it your lack of comprehension or your need to troll me that you fell the need to drag my name here kid?
ever one on this forum knows i do not troll abuse or insult. its why i have never received a ban in ten years .

@Joe Shearer like i said , we need to adhere to these rules because we need to not loose our self respect , forget what some Indian members do , we need to show our caliber by discussing topics at hand and mostly on defense.
May i also suggest we avoid topics which have been clearly posted to troll , abuse and bait us Indians.
Listen my little indian friend - your feathers ruffled? Burnol needed?
Your the type to troll thinking you are clever and hide behind lieutenants. You started a thread about petrol prices then disappeared allowing it to be a troll fest. You don’t troll - you feed the trolls.
One thinks the lady protests too much. Your response is a classic denial mode that is about typical and you ferment the abuse on here.
@PAKISTANFOREVER @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @masterchief_mirza - this is the crux of the issue. Joe and his intentions are honourable - he has to deal with wolves and some are dressed sheep - insinuating butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth but in reality our little Indian has been exposed.
Why is a retard of his calibre interested in a shortage of fuel on Pakistan - why go to the trouble to start it then not respond or interject in membership responses? You decide.

The challenge is to make them realise that the two concepts are orthogonal.

And this is your Primary Challenge. Use one to counter the other.

What on earth is that?

Subservient to Mughals for centuries, subservient to White Man for a century, subservient to Congress for decades and now subservient to RSS. Being used and abused by one after another is hardwired, and those in power know exactly how to manipulate and control this slave mindset.

I have to say that you are coming out with one interesting idea after another. Where has this side of you been hidden, pray, Sir?

Have Indians ever asked for opinions on how they could better themselves before? As they say, if you don't ask you don't get.

For now, just watch and wait, but feel free to tag (on this thread) those who might have strayed. I need hardly remind you to be gentle and courteous about the tagging; nobody likes to be told they are at fault, within that non-existent group, even fewer wish to admit that they have been at fault. So, don't over do it.

The list of members (as of now)
  1. @sms
  2. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  3. @jamahir
  4. @meghdut
  5. @KhanBaba2
  6. @Krptonite
  7. @The_Showstopper
  8. @jbgt90
  9. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  10. @xeuss
  11. @Dustom999
  12. @Syama Ayas
  13. @Joe Shearer
  14. @Shantanu_Left

Why don't you suggest what these could be? We seek to be truly open, even to hostile opinion.

Thank you. I was hoping for this. :tup:

No, Sir, not at all; this was the legacy of that bunch of losers who did nothing for independence, but spent the time sulking at home, and then came out at the time of independence saying that partition was a bad idea. None of the leaders of the independence movement thought that way.

We are cursed at the moment with a government formed by those who believe in this. That is why you get an impression that this is our dominant thinking. If you try an experiment, and poll those who are members, you will find a surprising factor arising; we are not the Akhand Bharat types, not at all.

Try that experiment for yourself.
I have supported BJP for the last 7 years. My family was kattar Congressi for 30 years, my own blood brother is still in congress. Even being BJP supporter I never supported Akhand Bharat concept. I don't want another 300 millions poors to attach with India. I am happy with what we have.

This post was brought to my attention , @Joe Shearer .
Is it your lack of comprehension or your need to troll me that you fell the need to drag my name here kid?
ever one on this forum knows i do not troll abuse or insult. its why i have never received a ban in ten years .

@Joe Shearer like i said , we need to adhere to these rules because we need to not loose our self respect , forget what some Indian members do , we need to show our caliber by discussing topics at hand and mostly on defense.
May i also suggest we avoid topics which have been clearly posted to troll , abuse and bait us Indians.

Indians and self-respect don't go together. Wasn't @Joe Shearer a TTA before but has been downgraded (rightly so) but still lurking around and seeking attention?

If you are serious, The first point in code of conduct would be to stop posting/responding to any non defense related threads.

CoC should say that you will only indulge in defense related threads/posts. But No, you will not do it as Neither you have any knowledge nor any interest to post/discuss Defence stuff under Indian Defence subforum.

This is a defense forum but most of the Indians are posting under South Asia sub forum which is all non-defense.

You Indians are only interested in caste, language and religious discussions.

You are just here to mud sling at Pakistan and indulge in propaganda.

This whole thread is a troll and propaganda thread.

The forum already has well defined rules. Why do you needs separate rules?

Unfortunately those are the two qualities most lacking in our youth . In our day i doubt we would have had the guts to say what is said on this forum on a daily basis , may be it was our upbringing and may be its the anonymity of the internet , or a combination of both . What ever it is , its very churlish to say some thing here which we would not say to someones face.
It is upbringings and also the changes in society which dissolves moral values. It’s inevitable. But lads need to be put in place. We need to behave

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom