What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

@sms

Here you are!
This is a voluntary code of conduct that participating Indian members have agreed to abide by. Indian members of PDF are not required to follow it as a rule; only those who find it relevant and progressive, and pertinent to our participation in a forum managed by citizens of another country, may do so.

There are no penalties; there are no strictures or admonitions. This code is an aspirational code, and is for those who wish to participate in a wholesome manner, devoid of hostile exchanges, without trolling other posts or thread, and without attacks on the personal attributes of other members.

The code has articles that are recommended. It has additional articles that are suggested. It will be circulated for comments, and for endorsement; once ten members have endorsed it, we who have endorsed it will seek to follow it.

1. We will not abuse another member’s religion.
  2. We will not use unprintable language, referring to somebody’s post, to the person making the post, to the person’s views.
  3. We will not use abusive common labels for other Indian members such as
    1. Sanghi
    2. Bhakt
    3. Sickular
    4. Libtard
    5. Jihadi (for Muslim Indians)
  4. We will not abuse women, the LGBT community or the mentally and physically handicapped.
  5. We will not quote from any publication or from electronic media without citing the source. We will give preference to published books, peer-reviewed articles or research papers from reputable think-tanks when originating a thread
  6. We will not question a member’s nationality without reasonable cause and without evidence greater than our personal suspicion.
In addition, it is suggested that members following the code avoid the following patterns of behaviour.
  1. We will not celebrate the death of another human being, even those who are killed by Indian security forces in the course of violent armed protests against the Indian state;
    1. It may be less abrasive to note the incident without adjectives or coloration of any kind.
  2. We will not celebrate any apparent success in war or armed conflict by India over any other, until the matter is concluded.
    1. On conclusion, we will try to use facts published by reliable print or electronic media.
    2. We will list unreliable sources from any reasonable point of view, and members will be requested not to cite these unreliable sources.
    3. We will respond to contrary claims by a simple statement of fact, and by mentioning that the matter is still in dispute.
  3. We will not report assumed superiority of Indian forces over others without evidence.
    1. The stronger the statement claiming superiority, the stronger ought to be the evidence and its sources.
  4. We will not respond to provocation by another member, Indian or other.
    1. The provocation will be reported to the Moderators using the report button immediately.
    2. In case of grave provocation, a common effort will be made to bring it to the immediate notice of the Moderators.
  5. We will not enter into arguments about the wars and armed conflicts between India and any other country without sufficient information on the subject, and will ask other Indian members for factual support wherever necessary.
The initial set of members to agree to subscribe to this code voluntarily will elect a three-person group to remind subscribing members about violations of the recommendations, or violations of the suggestions. The member concerned may decide how to react to these reminders.

Subscription to the code is open to all known Indian members.

Sir, since members are/ will subscribe to this code voluntarily and I'm hoping that violations form members will be rare, but on many occasions it may be to hard to resist and curtail temptation and some of us may charge in to mud.
How are we going to remind members about such incidents. Is there a mechanism (automatic) in place or those elected (three members) will act a proof readers and/will point out deviations?

last, it's late what are you doing in dark of night with your computer?

How are we going to remind members about such incidents. Is there a mechanism (automatic) in place or those elected (three members) will act a proof readers and/will point out deviations?

I am afraid at this moment, I see no alternative to an informal system, whereby any deviations are either spotted by the overseers, or identified by members, and then acted upon suitably by the overseers.

We have to elect the overseers, three of them.

Here is a list of those who have agreed to subscribe:
  1. @sms
  2. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  3. @jamahir
  4. @meghdut
  5. @KhanBaba2
  6. @Krptonite
  7. @The_Showstopper
  8. @jbgt90
  9. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  10. @xeuss
  11. @Dustom999
  12. @Syama Ayas
  13. @Joe Shearer
  14. @Shantanu_Left
Please confirm, each of you, and oblige.

For the committee of three, Shantanu_Left and I should not be considered, since we drafted the rules; it becomes too much of a closed circle for the people who drafted the rules to then be the persons who are to issue reminders about the rules. From the remainder, my vote is for
Please forward your choices by 14072020 18:00 HRS. Many thanks.

@sms

Here you are!
This is a voluntary code of conduct that participating Indian members have agreed to abide by. Indian members of PDF are not required to follow it as a rule; only those who find it relevant and progressive, and pertinent to our participation in a forum managed by citizens of another country, may do so.

There are no penalties; there are no strictures or admonitions. This code is an aspirational code, and is for those who wish to participate in a wholesome manner, devoid of hostile exchanges, without trolling other posts or thread, and without attacks on the personal attributes of other members.

The code has articles that are recommended. It has additional articles that are suggested. It will be circulated for comments, and for endorsement; once ten members have endorsed it, we who have endorsed it will seek to follow it.

1. We will not abuse another member’s religion.
  2. We will not use unprintable language, referring to somebody’s post, to the person making the post, to the person’s views.
  3. We will not use abusive common labels for other Indian members such as
    1. Sanghi
    2. Bhakt
    3. Sickular
    4. Libtard
    5. Jihadi (for Muslim Indians)
  4. We will not abuse women, the LGBT community or the mentally and physically handicapped.
  5. We will not quote from any publication or from electronic media without citing the source. We will give preference to published books, peer-reviewed articles or research papers from reputable think-tanks when originating a thread
  6. We will not question a member’s nationality without reasonable cause and without evidence greater than our personal suspicion.
In addition, it is suggested that members following the code avoid the following patterns of behaviour.
  1. We will not celebrate the death of another human being, even those who are killed by Indian security forces in the course of violent armed protests against the Indian state;
    1. It may be less abrasive to note the incident without adjectives or coloration of any kind.
  2. We will not celebrate any apparent success in war or armed conflict by India over any other, until the matter is concluded.
    1. On conclusion, we will try to use facts published by reliable print or electronic media.
    2. We will list unreliable sources from any reasonable point of view, and members will be requested not to cite these unreliable sources.
    3. We will respond to contrary claims by a simple statement of fact, and by mentioning that the matter is still in dispute.
  3. We will not report assumed superiority of Indian forces over others without evidence.
    1. The stronger the statement claiming superiority, the stronger ought to be the evidence and its sources.
  4. We will not respond to provocation by another member, Indian or other.
    1. The provocation will be reported to the Moderators using the report button immediately.
    2. In case of grave provocation, a common effort will be made to bring it to the immediate notice of the Moderators.
  5. We will not enter into arguments about the wars and armed conflicts between India and any other country without sufficient information on the subject, and will ask other Indian members for factual support wherever necessary.
The initial set of members to agree to subscribe to this code voluntarily will elect a three-person group to remind subscribing members about violations of the recommendations, or violations of the suggestions. The member concerned may decide how to react to these reminders.

Subscription to the code is open to all known Indian members.

You should really be putting the final CoC in a more prominent place for everyone's access, because this thread will continue to be hijacked by the off-topic flabbergasting of diminutive minds.

More importantly, try to stick to the code even under the worst provocations (at least, I will). I really like the challenge thrown to you by your friend, @saiyan0321 And it's not just about this one website. I'd really like the Indian Internet sphere to be transformed from the current hateful discourse to something positive.

Remember the example of Mahatma Gandhi, how he taught these good-for-nothings how to endure British lathis and bullets. Every great endeavour starts from something small.

This code should always remain VOLUNTARY because we're fighting the evil forces of fascism on many fronts. The Internet is a powerful vehicle, us liberals will recapture the space that was lost to the Sanghis and other totalitarian, narrow-minded people. No one can defeat us.

last, it's late what are you doing in dark of night with your computer?

OSA.

You should really be putting the final CoC in a more prominent place for everyone's access, because this thread will continue to be hijacked by the off-topic flabbergasting of diminutive minds.

I have approached the admin. for this.

Sorry, everyone, this is totally off-topic.

Bro, I love your naked patriotism, never come across a Pakistani like you. Jeetay raho, khush raho.

Thank you.

White people, black people, Jews, Arabs, Turks, indians etc are ALL permitted and encouraged to be naked patriots. So why can't we Pakistanis be allowed this privilege too?

PAKISTANI-LIVES-MATTER

He is the scourge of 'we are same' gang. @PAKISTANFOREVER can singlehandedly destroy dozens of them.

That is why I ask sensible Indian members, namely Muslims, to try to understand the Pakistani mindset.

This kind of no nonsense approach is very common among Middle Eastern Islamic nations like Turks, Arabs, and Iranians. For Pakistanis, we need a heavy dose of this kind of mentality to iron out our overtly nice and non-confrontational kind of approach.

It simply does not work when dealing with Indian fascist and liberal trolls.

Thank you for those kind words bro. Much appreciated.

I often say to the "we are all the same people" crowd that if you REALLY believe in that statement then Pakistan, Afghanistan and Southern Iran should be one country; Austria and Germany should be one nation and india, bangladesh and Sri Lanka should also be one country too.

Any Pakistani who is polite and civil with indians often gets racist and Islamaphobic insults hurled at them. As far as Pakistan and Pakistanis are concerned, there should be NO compromise on the indian question.

Last edited:
Here's my first reply on this website as per the new Code. Pay attention, Indian kids. Here's a sample of how to reply to strangers on the Internet,

No - I am not talking about historical injustices. America is a nation - from coast to coast they speak english, eat turkey on thanksgiving, recognize steak as a nice food, burger as value food, freely intermarry, understand each other stances very well. India isnt - this is not an opinion. It is a fact.

Thank you for pointing out the differences between our interpretations of why India is a nation in its own right. Your examples of America stand valid. Unfortunately, your understanding of India requires some corrections. India may not speak the same language but it's not the only country with multiple languages and ethnicities in the world. Malaysia, Singapore, Switzerland, and even Spain are multi-lingual, multi-ethnic countries.

It is cute you think you can change india as indian. But in reality in almost all likelihood you will achieve diddly squat. And thats not because your intent is bad or you did not try. It is like solving congo problems sitting in singapore.

As I told you before I am very much rooted in India despite my overseas citizenship. I am an optimist, and often have achieved a little more than diddly squat in all my endeavours. I don't expect you to understand my true potential.

Your name indicates you are probably a bengali - what can you do about that yogi/vikas issue? you have no access to that society - you dont belong there. The castes are different. Even the gods they worship are different - Bengalis are big on Goddesses not Gods like Ram. What can you do to fix a south indian issue? you have no clue of their language even.
In Bengalis and entire east coast about 95% plus eat some form of meat. In rajasthan it is more like 35%. These are not two parts of same nations. They are completely different nations.

I am actually a mutt Indian: 1/2 Punjabi, 1/4 Kashmiri, and 1/4 mystery meat. :what: But I do like certain aspects of Bengali culture. I speak 4-5 languages of India in total.

Even if I were a Bengali, your assumptions are invalid. India is a pretty multi-ethnic country now. People of one state often live in another, intermarry pretty often, sometimes even across religious barriers. India does have its fair share of problems but they aren't that many different nations.

Thank you for your enlightening perspective. You have a point of view I don't agree with. :smitten:

OSA.

I have approached the admin. for this.

I'm not counting on that yet. Can't you edit the first post in Page 1 itself? Or is that option locked for you now?

I am afraid at this moment, I see no alternative to an informal system, whereby any deviations are either spotted by the overseers, or identified by members, and then acted upon suitably by the overseers.

1. @sms
  2. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  3. @jamahir
  4. @meghdut
  5. @KhanBaba2
  6. @Krptonite
  7. @The_Showstopper
  8. @jbgt90
  9. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  10. @xeuss
  11. @Dustom999
  12. @Syama Ayas
  13. @Joe Shearer
  14. @Shantanu_Left

For the committee of three, Shantanu_Left and I should not be considered, since we drafted the rules; it becomes too much of a closed circle for the people who drafted the rules to then be the persons who are to issue reminders about the rules. From the remainder, my vote is for

No more confirmations needed. The code is voluntarily binding. There is no penalization but we can reprimand any of these 14 users for frequent violations. Also no 3 monitors needed. Everyone has the right to reprimand each other.

Each one follow your own version of this CoC as per Gandhian principles. It will eventually come together. Don't stress too much.

1. @sms
  2. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  3. @jamahir
  4. @meghdut
  5. @KhanBaba2
  6. @Krptonite
  7. @The_Showstopper
  8. @jbgt90
  9. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  10. @xeuss
  11. @Dustom999
  12. @Syama Ayas
  13. @Joe Shearer
  14. @Shantanu_Left

I am not that much of a fan of a Committee of 3 but if anyone wants to monitor the group, they are welcome. Even someone like @TheGreatMaratha who chooses not to be a part of the code, but agrees to follow its essential ideas, can remind others of code violations. Let's keep this thing organic and easy to manage.

Your name indicates you are probably a bengali - what can you do about that yogi/vikas issue? you have no access to that society - you dont belong there. The castes are different.

Some castes are different, some are the same. That is true all over India.

Even the gods they worship are different - Bengalis are big on Goddesses not Gods like Ram.

Shaktas worship the Goddess. Vaishnavas and Saivas worship Ram and Shiva respectively. There is no absence of any one of these three in any region.

What can you do to fix a south indian issue? you have no clue of their language even.

Even the shopkeepers in Lake Market speak Tamil; some speak Kannada as well. There are 18 Durga Pujas in Bangalore, and no shortage of Kannada-speaking Bengalis.

In Bengalis and entire east coast about 95% plus eat some form of meat. In rajasthan it is more like 35%. These are not two parts of same nations. They are completely different nations.

Interesting. Of course, the fact that Bengali priests are traditional in Rajasthan is irrelevant.

And that matters because a fake nation like india can only exist by inventing enemies. And unleashing violence on neighbours. Its obsession to occupy kashmir against the will of people lead to arms race impoverishing a billion plus people.

Ah, thank you for coming to the point. It wasn't about caste, religion, language, diet or any of those things. It was about Kashmir.

Again, you have a fascinating point of view. That's as far as it goes. But thank you for the time you have spent so far on a thread with the subject of a code of conduct for Indian members. As you correctly judged, it is so boring to hammer on about the same thing post after post after post, and your efforts at bringing in some change of topic are well appreciated. I speak for myself and not for those fastidious creatures, the Moderators, with their quaint notion of what is off-topic.

So like typical dictator fashion, you want to impose rules on others and silence anyone who critiques those rules?

I see you started picking up the Joe and Nilgiri type of personal attacks too. Quite a change from having to defend yourself when they accused you of being a false flagger, to now.

Quite amusing. You can discuss your rules and whatnot, but they will be critiqued and the hypocrisies will be alluded to by us.

Get used to it.

So like typical dictator fashion, you want to impose rules on others and silence anyone who critiques those rules?

I see you started picking up the Joe and Nilgiri type of personal attacks too. Quite a change from having to defend yourself when they accused you of being a false flagger, to now.

Quite amusing. You can discuss your rules and whatnot, but they will be critiqued and the hypocrisies will be alluded to by us.

Get used to it.

We are used to it, thank you very much.

In case you had difficulties with the complex and ornate English used, these are voluntary rules, and there are no penalties. Imposition? Silence anyone? How and where did that crop up?

Do feel free to point out personal attacks. We do not encourage them in the code, so it will be helpful if you give us examples.

Our discussions, about rules for ourselves, may well be critiqued; however, they will be brought in only by consensus among ourselves.

Thank you for your valuable time, spent in discussing a code of conduct by Indian members for Indian members.

Get used to it.

Why are you getting worked up? I am teaching these kids (Indian) how to post civilly on the Internet? That's all.

We are used to it, thank you very much.

In case you had difficulties with the complex and ornate English used, these are voluntary rules, and there are no penalties. Imposition? Silence anyone? How and where did that crop up?

Do feel free to point out personal attacks. We do not encourage them in the code, so it will be helpful if you give us examples.

Our discussions, about rules for ourselves, may well be critiqued; however, they will be brought in only by consensus among ourselves.

Thank you for your valuable time, spent in discussing a code of conduct by Indian members for Indian members.

For some reason, he's the most insecure over our internal code of conduct. No other Pakistani poster seems to give a damn about it, they're just amused, that's all.

I may have accidentally burned him in a few places: he won't forget about me in a lifetime. :cheesy: I can't help that: it's in my DNA> My dad was like that too.

I'm not counting on that yet. Can't you edit the first post in Page 1 itself? Or is that option locked for you now?

Beyond a certain time, posts get barred for edits.

What do you want edited?

Why are you getting worked up? I am teaching these kids (Indian) how to post civilly on the Internet? That's all.

For some reason, he's the most insecure over our internal code of conduct. No other Pakistani poster seems to give a damn about it, they're just amused, that's all.

I may have accidentally burned him in a few places: he won't forget about me in a lifetime. :cheesy: I can't help that: it's in my DNA> My dad was like that too.

This is not a psychiatric ward; we can't help every insecure person.

Some castes are different, some are the same. That is true all over India.

Shaktas worship the Goddess. Vaishnavas and Saivas worship Ram and Shiva respectively. There is no absence of any one of these three in any region.

Even the shopkeepers in Lake Market speak Tamil; some speak Kannada as well. There are 18 Durga Pujas in Bangalore, and no shortage of Kannada-speaking Bengalis.

Interesting. Of course, the fact that Bengali priests are traditional in Rajasthan is irrelevant.

Now I really want to be Bengali? Where do I sign up? o_O

Any Pakistani who is polite and civil with indians often gets racist and Islamaphobic insults hurled at them. As far as Pakistan and Pakistanis are concerned, there should be NO compromise on the indian question.

I have seen that myself. When I first came to this forum @21st Century Vampire @Psychic @Morpheus @doorstar @Musings I was targetted by Joe and Nilgiri for my views on Kashmir mainly. It seems they did not want a religious Pakistani member who constantly alludes to Kashmir, and believes in both an Islamic and racial origin of Pakistan as a unique nation.

It has been rather ugly with these trolls, that is why I am alluding to it here. Their taunts and fishing for fights, egging others on has been relayed by me to the Mods many times, but they enjoy official support as I said before.

I judge people based on their actions and I am sure many will agree with me here that these members are just as big trolls as any of the Hindutva cadre.

As for Shantanu, he is rather an oddball and has dealt with his fair share of insults from Indian members, including the ones I mentioned. He wants to unite the Indians together and be accepted in their circle.

This is why I find it strange that he came out so venomous against me previously on the topic of Afghanistan and has been so ever since, even telling me to be less religious, and telling me we can't be friends because of my religious and political views (lol.)

Let us watch and see how far this code goes, I am quite interested to see the end of this.

Indians are simply incapable of this, esp the OP, but let us see what happens, brothers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom