What's new

Size of the Turkish Armed Forces

The only problem is that Turkey will not get equipment on par with what the UK and France can produce by themselves.

Turkey will get stronger relative to the major European powers but to be a true power, it would need to be able to produce all it's own weapons.
Turkey has began to produce and get TOT on almost everything, soon we will produce probably 80-90% of our Armys needs locally (today its about 50-60%).

Turkey has began to produce and get TOT on almost everything, soon we will produce probably 80-90% of our Armys needs locally (today its about 50-60%).

I think that Turkey by 2030 will be almost self-sufficient, save for some types of engines.

As long as Turkey can keep it's GDP growth in the range 4-5% a year then it can only get stronger relative to the European countries like UK and France.

I think that Turkey by 2030 will be almost self-sufficient, save for some types of engines.

As long as Turkey can keep it's GDP growth in the range 4-5% a year then it can only get stronger relative to the European countries like UK and France.
As a nation we set our goals higher than that.

Well. Kind of, yes! We need to be way more network centric. There's still lots of work to be done in that department, and better "technical" training of manpower. We should go the Israeli way, with a twist. Maybe 400,000 soldiers, armed to the teeth, coupled with a 2x Air Force assets we have now.... and serious push on ballistic missile defense. It will take at least a decade more I reckon.

It doesn't hurt to have alot of troops. 1 million isn't necesarry but less than 500k is nuts in my opinion given the size of our neighbors armies. Do you think we should be like the french military?

The only limit i see is a Jet engine, i heard China is still struggling despite the ressources they have.

China seems to have made it now as the WS-10A is now being used on the single-engined J-10B.
Still China has spent many decades and billions of dollars getting to this stage.

I am sure that Turkey will make it in the end but expect to spend many decades before success.

That is never going to happen. Trust me. Three things that are trillion dollar projects, money and brain capacity wise.

1. Turbofan engine.
2. Cryogenic engine.
3. A fusion bomb.

The only limit i see is a Jet engine, i heard China is still struggling despite the ressources they have.

That is never going to happen. Trust me. Three things that are trillion dollar projects, money and brain capacity wise.

1. Turbofan engine.
2. Cryogenic engine.
3. A fusion bomb.

I disagree.

Turkey is rich enough to get 1,2 and 3 if they are determined.

A country of 80 million that is heading towards industrialised status in only another decade should have plenty of monetary and technological resources available.

Dude, I'm a soldier, an engineer and an economist. Don't tell me what is, and what is not in the realms of our capability. It's not just money, or talent pool, there are millions of other variables that you have no idea about.

I disagree.

Turkey is rich enough to get 1,2 and 3 if they are determined.

A country of 80 million that is heading towards industrialised status in only another decade should have plenty of monetary and technological resources available.

Dude, I'm a soldier, an engineer and an economist. Don't tell me what is, and what is not in the realms of our capability. It's not just money, or talent pool, there are millions of other variables that you have no idea about.

OK, whatever you say genius.

Ok my friend. Let's start from low by pass engines and metallurgy behind them..... how many nations have been successful?

Later we shall move to cryogenic fuels, LRG's, guidance systems, uranium cycle, core design.... reflector design.... and boosting of nuclear weapons......

Btw, what's your educational background?
OK, whatever you say genius.

Ok my friend. Let's start from low by pass engines an metallurgy behind them..... how many nations have been successful?

Later we shall move to cryogenic fuels, LRG's and uranium cycle, core design... reflector design.... and boosting of nuclear weapons......

Btw, what's your educational background?

Dude I am not hear to talk about my educational background as anyone can make any claims here.

Turkey will need many, many decades but it can get there eventually. I am not saying it will be quick or easy but there is no reason why it should be be possible as an end goal say in the next 30-40 years

40 years..... well yes on the crygenic engine.... no on the turbofan and definitely a no no no on nuclear device, unless key technologies are transferred.

P.S. In my early days here on the forum, I've given more than fair share of insider info about Turkey's projects, specially it's beginnings in small labs in ODTU/Bilkent and later formation of TUBITAK..... the second birth of Aselsan...... etc etc etc......... Nowadays I'm not much interested in defense related topics.....

Dude I am not hear to talk about my educational background as anyone can make any claims here.

Turkey will need many, many decades but it can get there eventually. I am not saying it will be quick or easy but there is no reason why it should be be possible as an end goal say in the next 30-40 years

Back
Top Bottom