What's new

Size of the Turkish Armed Forces

It's actually shrinking... I think it's the first time it's below 700.000 for a long time

and it's not such a good thing.

Given the current & future projects the Turkish Armed Forces is working on, I wouldn't be surprised to see the figure going over to 800.000

It is still important to have a large army. For example going the path of France or Britain is not a good idea for us. We live in a neighborhood where we still need alot of manpower.

Given the current & future projects the Turkish Armed Forces is working on, I wouldn't be surprised to see the figure going over to 800.000

Ii will either stay at the same level as it is now or it will decrease. We will most likely not see an increase in manpower from here on out.

Nope it will shrink more for a better equipped professional army. :tup:

It is still important to have a large army. For example going the path of France or Britain is not a good idea for us. We live in a neighborhood where we still need alot of manpower.
Why? Are we loosing 1000 soldiers a month or did i miss something? o_O

Having a smaller but professional Army is more worth than quantity.

NK has 1.3 million soldiers but they can do a shit with them.

The DPRK has 1 million active armed personnel. And According to the Former Head of the US Military mission stationed in the ROC, the DPRK possess millions and millions of artilleries and rockets, which is highly alarming my fellow.

Never under-estimate your adversary, that's why the US sent a B-2 Spirit last year to the Korean Peninsula.

Nope it will shrink more for a better equipped professional army. :tup:

Why? Are we loosing 1000 soldiers a month or did i miss something? o_O
It doesn't hurt to have alot of troops. 1 million isn't necesarry but less than 500k is nuts in my opinion given the size of our neighbors armies. Do you think we should be like the french military?

The DPRK has 1 million active armed personnel. And According to the Former Head of the US Military mission stationed in the ROC, the DPRK possess millions and millions of artilleries and rockets, which is highly alarming my fellow.

Never under-estimate your adversary, that's why the US sent a B-2 Spirit last year to the Korean Peninsula.
What i mean is NK army is very weak for having 1.3 million soldiers, US has 1.4 million soldiers and they rule the world. :coffee:

What i mean is NK army is very weak for having 1.3 million soldiers, US has 1.4 million soldiers and they rule the world. :coffee:

The US has an army equipped with a hyper offensive technological capabilities.

Here is what you might find interesting about the DPRK's Army according to the US:

Point taken. I'm just conveying what a US General had to say in mind.

It doesn't hurt to have alot of troops. 1 million isn't necesarry but less than 500k is nuts in my opinion given the size of our neighbors armies. Do you think we should be like the french military?

No army is interested in challenging Turkey, neither in the short or the long run, bro.

The only threat you might face is Greece, and it has already been dealt with decisively.

A total of 300k well trained professional soldiers, together with the finishing of continuing projects and buyings will make us invincible in the region in 10 years, not only in the region actually, we will surpass European militaries, only superpowers will stand above.

Thanks for this thread, anyone know the estimated reserve force of the Turkish Armed Forces?

A total of 300k well trained professional soldiers, together with the finishing of continuing projects and buyings will make us invincible in the region in 10 years, not only in the region actually, we will surpass European militaries, only superpowers will stand above.

The only problem is that Turkey will not get equipment on par with what the UK and France can produce by themselves.

Turkey will get stronger relative to the major European powers but to be a true power, it would need to be able to produce all it's own weapons.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom