What's new

Size of the Turkish Armed Forces

40 years..... well yes on the crygenic engine.... no on the turbofan and definitely a no no no on nuclear device, unless key technologies are transferred.

P.S. In my early days here on the forum, I've given more than fair share of insider info about Turkey's projects, specially it's beginnings in small labs in ODTU/Bilkent and later formation of TUBITAK..... the second birth of Aselsan...... etc etc etc......... Nowadays I'm not much interested in defense related topics.....
where did pakistan get the tech for nuclear technology? Not trying to be a smart *** here.

Turkey has a sufficient pool of reserves and conscripts. But i dont believe such huge numbers are needed for Turkey's defensive doctrine. i think 300~400k actives would be more than enough. we can't even get proper equipment, especially kevlar vests, for our current forces at critical posts, which leads to unnecessary casualties and loss of human resources that could have served Turkey in other fields. Most important is tech, that's what it is about. if only Turkey can make it through the next decade without instabilities (whether from our own screw ups and/or external interference), it will boost confidence much more.

They just finished first working prototype MK3. They've been working day and night since early 80's on it. That too by full ToT of several working CE's from Russia. Even then, it took them three decades.

Doesn't india has them?

90 percent of it was indigenous. Now it's 100% local. We started work in 1950's. Dude, it's way way too complex.

Here. Pakistan and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

where did pakistan get the tech for nuclear technology? Not trying to be a smart *** here.

@Kaan, here. We were involved from the very beginning. In fact nuclear physics owes Pakistan more than anyone would care to admit. We are masters of theoretical physics. From the very beginning to Higgs Boson, find me one project where several Pakistanis were not involved directly.

Manhattan project and Pakistan.

Muhammad Raziuddin Siddiqui - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

shrinking isn't an answer to anything

stop talking like it's a great thing @xenon54

Considering Turkey's geopolitical position, i can understand your point but still, armies are huge burdens for states. So yeah, quality over quantity is actually a great thing for both the armed force's strength and the country's progression.

Considering Turkey's geopolitical position, i can understand your point but still, armies are huge burdens for states. So yeah, quality over quantity is actually a great thing for both the armed force's strength and the country's progression.
quantity IS a quality

Mate, have you done your service ?
Why?
A total of 300k well trained professional soldiers, together with the finishing of continuing projects and buyings will make us invincible in the region in 10 years, not only in the region actually, we will surpass European militaries, only superpowers will stand above.
Yeah, it'll be super just like Turkish police which is completely professional

paid dogs of the government, gülen cult, whomever the fvck pays them their bribe... I'm excited

"burden" my ***.. ministers' sons seem to be a big burden too why don't we shrink their numbers?

Do you think conscripts are effective as a soldier ?

How can a conscript who has a few months (18 months I think) to learn soldering & then serve as a Soldier before being added to the reserves can be compared with a Professional Soldier who goes through all of that & then has the rest of his Career to hone his skills & get developed as an exceptional fighting machine ? :unsure:

Don't you think ? :undecided:

How can a conscript who has a few months (18 months I think) to learn soldering & then serve as a Soldier before being added to the reserves can be compared with a Professional Soldier who goes through all of that & then has the rest of his Career to hone his skills & get developed as an exceptional fighting machine ? :unsure:

Don't you think ? :undecided:

Yeap, thinkin the same with you. But i'm interested in LegionnairE's thoughts as he defens the conscription.

Also, our service time is 12 months. University graduates do 6 months. I fired 5 bullets in my entire service. All we done was marching, shouting, and waiting.

Do you think conscripts are effective as a soldier ?
Ones that are sent to SE are. You would be surprised to see the kind of training a man can receive in mere months, especially in a commando regiment.

Without conscription our mobilization laws would mean shit and our deterrent would drop immensely. The fact that you didn't do much in your service doesn't mean you haven't learned anything. In any mobilization you will be given equipment and tasked to protect your homeland.

We'll defend this country street by street if we have to if such a day arises shall the regular army fail.

Back
Top Bottom