What's new

Size of the Turkish Armed Forces

Ones that are sent to SE are. You would be surprised to see the kind of training a man can receive in mere months, especially in a commando regiment.

ı know mate, other than that ? In my opnion it is just "Israf"

ı know mate, other than that ? In my opnion it is just "Israf"
Tell that to Israelis who serve 4 years and note that I've edited my previous post.

it's necessary. Either this or we'll have to relax personal armament laws and form regional militia forces (like in the US)

We can't afford to leave all the weapons to the government. Government needs to fear the populace aswell.

Tell that to Israelis who serve 4 years and note that I've edited my previous post.

it's necessary. Either this or we'll have to relax personal armament laws and form regional militia forces (like in the US)

We can't afford to leave all the weapons to the government. Government needs to fear the populace aswell.

In Israel it is necessity because of their small population.

Do you believe our government fear from people. AKP cops doing all sort of shits and nothing can be done against them. Generals in prison. Who has left for government to fear ?

In Israel it is necessity because of their small population.

Do you believe our government fear from people. AKP cops doing all sort of shits and nothing can be done against them. Generals in prison. Who has left for government to fear ?
They have the cops in their pocket, better give them the army too :)

good logic

Yeap, thinkin the same with you. But i'm interested in LegionnairE's thoughts as he defens the conscription.

Also, our service time is 12 months. University graduates do 6 months. I fired 5 bullets in my entire service. All we done was marching, shouting, and waiting.

I'm thinking the same thing; Conscription is old-school now...at any rate a smaller, better drilled, considerably better motivated & much better armed force would probably do more damage to the Enemy than a larger Conscript army would - I think ! :unsure:

Where is that Mr. Know it ALL bengali fella? :mad:

Dude I happen to think that Turkey of say 2050 will be a rich and very technologically advanced nation.

It may still struggle a little with the most avanced propulsion but no reason to not think that it won't be cutting edge in nearly all other areas that it WANTS to be in.

You are free to disagree but the world by mid-century will probably no longer be US/Western dominated and opportunities for a country like Turkey to gain technology transfer in the coming decades will be much greater than it has been.

I think that we should have a professional army but average people should actually get military training aswell. For example when your in high school you should go to military training during the summers. Learn to follow orders, live outside, get physically fit, learn to shoot etc. It would be fun for the kids anyway.

No it wouldn't be fun for kids.

It should after a reasonable age.

@Sinan @T-123456 & Me - Band of Bro....uhhh Bunnies :cheers: :-

funny-pictures-metal-time-auto-soldier-467850.jpeg

@xenon54 during his service with the Anti-Tank Regiment :azn: :-

soldier_squirrel.jpg

And Admiral @Neptune reporting for duty :angel: :-

captain-cat-sailor.jpg

@Sinan @T-123456 & Me - Band of Bro....uhhh Bunnies :cheers: :-

funny-pictures-metal-time-auto-soldier-467850.jpeg

@xenon54 during his service with the Anti-Tank Regiment :azn: :-

soldier_squirrel.jpg

And Admiral @Neptune reporting for duty :angel: :-

captain-cat-sailor.jpg
Wasnt that at Hugh Hefners party,when you thought Bunnies meant ,dress up like Bunnies,where you drank sparkling applejuice(Champagne) and got drunk,remember the pictures of you and those chicks on facebook?
Yeah those were the times!

Back
Top Bottom