What's new

Pakistan stops issuing NOCs for screening of Indian films

Only 20 thousand users rated it and most reviews are from Pakistanis.. So the rating is biased.. However, Ive heard its a good movie.

If reviews are biased, than why did u than believed in biased hearsay?

Why are you so close minded, dude art doesn't have any boundaries. Don't know what such so called soft power is affecting people in Pakistan. We've been attacked by Pakistani still we love Pakistani singers and artists. Try to draw a line between politics and everything else be it sports, art etc

Exactly. Pakistani film industry is seeing an awesome comeback. Its time we kick out the Indian media from Pakistan under an indefinite constitutional ban, never to be lifted. This will allow breathing space to our own industry and it will flourish.

Most importantly.

Indian media = Indian soft power | Exactly how you won't let your enemies educate your kids at school, you can't let the enemy carry out anti Pakistan propaganda on your screens and spread an alien culture.

What is the story??

Im talking about Pakistani singers who sing in Bollywood movies.

I think that Music is a force for good in our region. Movies and dramas are a whole different story.

Why are you so close minded, dude art doesn't have any boundaries. Don't know what such so called soft power is affecting people in Pakistan. We've been attacked by Pakistani still we love Pakistani singers and artists. Try to draw a line between politics and everything else be it sports, art etc

I'm not close minded, i'm just capable of smelling the bullshit before tasting it. :)
I have studied both media and politics at some points in my life, i do understand how the political goals of a nation are projected through audio visual art. Only stupid nations allow enemy soft power in their borders.

yeah, Pakistani shows are better..

They are plain unlucky in their own country. :frown:

Look man i remember indian tv series in late 80's as a kid and then early 90's when i used to visit Pakistan there were kids show and some good other shows from durdarshan it had quality i don't remember the drama name doctors and a new case every week but after that era i think your tv and film industry has nothing except for stupid love stories, sex and monkey dances no good story.

I'm not close minded, i'm just capable of smelling the bullshit before tasting it. :)
I have studied both media and politics at some points in my life, i do understand how the political goals of a nation are projected through audio visual art. Only stupid nations allow enemy soft power in their borders.

you are very jazbaati @Aero

They why did you defend her earlier, saying she's out of it, atleast people in India think nargis is far better than veena, she's a nice human being and hardworking.
Having a Pakistani father doesn't make her a Pakistani. She can claim our nationality and our passport, but thats how close she can get to be one of us. Being a Pakistani means that you have been born, raised and educated in Pakistani school systems.

I think that Music is a force for good in our region. Movies and dramas are a whole different story.

Why exactly do u differentiate between movies and music??

In what way can a movie hurt more than a song?

If u talk about the need to protect and promote Pak's own movie industry, I can understand. But if u see it as use of 'soft power', its difficult to comprehend.

Guess you didn't check all of them, there are ample of good movie for example: lunch box( for which irfan Khan got best actor award in Dubai award show), barfi, etc.

Look man i remember indian tv series in late 80's as a kid and then early 90's when i used to visit Pakistan there were kids show and some good other shows from durdarshan it had quality i don't remember the drama name doctors and a new case every week but after that era i think your tv and film industry has nothing except for stupid love stories, sex and monkey dances no good story.

A step in the right direction, but Govt should seriously try to bring Pakistani film industry out of this slumber.

Having a Pakistani father doesn't make her a Pakistani. She can claim our nationality and our passport, but thats how close she can get to be one of us. Being a Pakistani means that you have been born, raised and educated in Pakistani school systems.
Why such a narrow definition for denying someone their heritage?

Back
Top Bottom