What's new

Pakistan stops issuing NOCs for screening of Indian films

Look man i remember indian tv series in late 80's as a kid and then early 90's when i used to visit Pakistan there were kids show and some good other shows from durdarshan it had quality i don't remember the drama name doctors and a new case every week but after that era i think your tv and film industry has nothing except for stupid love stories, sex and monkey dances no good story.
I agree that the standard has fallen becuase its more about money and Saas-Bhau serials are the money makers - nowadays

However, things will change and are changing. A saas bahu serial has a bahu going to a Police academy. :)

Than you still believe that Pakistani reviews are biased!
9.4 is an exaggeration.

Guess you didn't check all of them, there are ample of good movie for example: lunch box( for which irfan Khan got best actor award in Dubai award show), barfi, etc.

I have not watched a single indian movie after 98 and even before 98 i might have watch 2-3 movies the last movie i watched was salman khan and homeless kids don't know the name but that's it. in 90's and 80's there were lots of other western good animation and other movies no time was there for indian products and yes Pakistani dramas were popular in Pak communities.

Hehehe ya those old movies were very haunting actually, but nowadays Indian horror movies doesn't have that thing, even a child wouldn't get scared nowadays for example : bhoot, etc these movies are much like comedy than horror.

Indian horror films scared the shit out of me when I was young. The Ramsey brothers were some seriously crazy dudes.

They should be banned, very bad for the heart.

Indian horror films scared the shit out of me when I was young. The Ramsey brothers were some seriously crazy dudes.

They should be banned, very bad for the heart.

Do you guys think it is a joke?

Have you seen this stuff?

1.jpg

That monster has never left my mind after so many years. By the way, how the hell did that muscle dude die so easily?

I'm not close minded, i'm just capable of smelling the bullshit before tasting it. :)
I have studied both media and politics at some points in my life, i do understand how the political goals of a nation are projected through audio visual art. Only stupid nations allow enemy soft power in their borders.

Your posts are so narrow minded when it comes to Indian related news, just check them. How come you call yourself a progressive Pakistani, when you try to stop everything which a common man can get some pleasure by watching movies? Without any answer for a problem 1st, you are saying create another problem. It takes decade if at all your movie Industry really can make better movies, number of commercial movies consistently in a year . Making 1 or 2 good movies in a year won't make any Industry to survive. Without consistent work how can any one try to enter and make a career of any department to get expertise? What will happen to all those movie theaters in b/n, they will close them? Don't tell we have Hollywood movies releasing here, i know how many people can watch them. Hardly one weekend people go and watch them. Everything is not about simply rejecting it if it has some Indian tag, you guys tried earlier and it never worked for you.

They why did you defend her earlier, saying she's out of it, atleast people in India think nargis is far better than veena, she's a nice human being and hardworking.

I thought it was another actress from Pakistan. Her name is Nargis too.

Well then in that way both countries are stupid, atleast it brings people of both countries closer if it is stupidity then so be it.

I'm not close minded, i'm just capable of smelling the bullshit before tasting it. :)
I have studied both media and politics at some points in my life, i do understand how the political goals of a nation are projected through audio visual art. Only stupid nations allow enemy soft power in their borders.

Look man i remember indian tv series in late 80's as a kid and then early 90's when i used to visit Pakistan there were kids show and some good other shows from durdarshan it had quality i don't remember the drama name doctors and a new case every week but after that era i think your tv and film industry has nothing except for stupid love stories, sex and monkey dances no good story.
I have not watched a single indian movie after 98 and even before 98 i might have watch 2-3 movies the last movie i watched was salman khan and homeless kids don't know the name but that's it. in 90's and 80's there were lots of other western good animation and other movies no time was there for indian products and yes Pakistani dramas were popular in Pak communities.

two different stances . . on two different pages. . sir, if u don't watch something. . . how can you pass on the judgement then ? :)

Your posts are so narrow minded when it comes to Indian related news, just check them. How come you call yourself a progressive Pakistani, when you try to stop everything which a common man can get some pleasure by watching movies? Without any answer for a problem 1st, you are saying create another problem. It takes decade if at all your movie Industry really can make better movies, number of commercial movies consistently in a year . Making 1 or 2 good movies in a year won't make any Industry to survive. Without consistent work how can any one try to enter and make a career of any department to get expertise? What will happen to all those movie theaters in b/n, they will close them? Don't tell we have Hollywood movies releasing here, i know how many people can watch them. Hardly one weekend people go and watch them. Everything is not about simply rejecting it if it has some Indian tag, you guys tried earlier and it never worked for you.

I am not a progressive Pakistani. :)

Well then in that way both countries are stupid, atleast it brings people of both countries closer if it is stupidity then so be it.

We are at the receiving end of a cultural war using audio visual media as hardware. That is how i look at it and i believe that it has to be countered and put to an end.

Bollywood has always projected a negative image of my country and people. How can that bring us 'close'?

Why exactly do u differentiate between movies and music??

In what way can a movie hurt more than a song?

If u talk about the need to protect and promote Pak's own movie industry, I can understand. But if u see it as use of 'soft power', its difficult to comprehend.

Its much harder to use Music for a political goal.

two different stances . . on two different pages. . sir, if u don't watch something. . . how can you pass on the judgement then ? :)

Bhai I hear alot and those after news a couple of minutes of stupid trailers on Pak media...so my stance has not changed nor do I contradict. I pass judgment because of alot of Articles and other posts of various forums discussing it...Am I wrong about monkey dances in every single indian movie now a days, am i wrong about awkward stupid sex n love stories?

Lol me and my cousins often talk about this movie whenever we spend a night together. I tried finding it on torrent sites but couldn't get one. But seriously that guy is actually a nice actor for horror movies.

Do you guys think it is a joke?

Have you seen this stuff?

1.jpg

That monster has never left my mind after so many years. By the way, how the hell did that muscle dude die so easily?

Nah you are generalizing it for ALL movies, there various types of movies, not all movies have that crap.
Bhai I hear alot and those after news a couple of minutes od stupid trailers on Pak media...so my stance has not changed nor do I contradict. I pass judgment because of alot of Articles and other posts of various forums discussing it...Am I wrong about monkey dances in every single indian movie now a days, am i wrong about awkward stupid sex n love stories?

Back
Top Bottom