What's new

New tax in Pak could make screening of Indian films expensive

Still Indian films will do far better business the Pakistani films. :victory:

They do but Pakistan is a negligibly small market for Indian films.

Just a single territory like Mumbai does ten times the business of Pakistan for these movies.

While personally I am OK with Pakistanis being allowed to enjoy our cultural products (just like any other people in the world, some of them don't even need dubbing to understand them), this daily drama is beyond pathetic.

You don't like it, don't consume it. Stop this pathetic daily rona-dhona.

You are not doing any favor by consuming our cultural products, it is we who are doing you a favor by allowing you to do so.

They do but Pakistan is a negligibly small market for Indian films.

Just a single territory like Mumbai does ten times the business of Pakistan for these movies.

While personally I am OK with Pakistanis being allowed to enjoy our cultural products (just like any other people in the world, some of them don't even need dubbing to understand them), this daily drama is beyond pathetic.

You don't like it, don't consume it. Stop this pathetic daily rona-dhona.

You are not doing any favor by consuming our cultural products, it is we who are doing you a favor by allowing you to do so.

Lol @ cultural products.

Your Bollywood (aka cheap copy of hollywood) does not represent indian culture.
back in the 70's when my family actually used to watch indian movies, NOW THOSE were the ones that reflected indian culture.
as indian movies progressed into the 90's BOLLYWOOD became piece of $hit...
cant watch a movie without some indian couple dancing randomnly in the street (lol)

and then came the wannabe western indian movies (2005-present)... which doesnt represent at all present indian culture... heck only 5% of india (rich and modern) can really understand them...

They arent your cultural products anymore, rather they are 90% mostly about a Indians life in UK, US, australia, or some real RICH shanty town deep in the heart of mumbai.

one of the only movies that represented indian culture was slumdog millionare... if you know what i mean ;)

Lol @ cultural products.

Your Bollywood (aka cheap copy of hollywood) does not represent indian culture.
back in the 70's when my family actually used to watch indian movies, NOW THOSE were the ones that reflected indian culture.
as indian movies progressed into the 90's BOLLYWOOD became piece of $hit...
cant watch a movie without some indian couple dancing randomnly in the street (lol)

and then came the wannabe western indian movies (2005-present)... which doesnt represent at all present indian culture... heck only 5% of india (rich and modern) can really understand them...

They arent your cultural products anymore, rather they are 90% mostly about a Indians life in UK, US, australia, or some real RICH shanty town deep in the heart of mumbai.

one of the only movies that represented indian culture was slumdog millionare... if you know what i mean ;)

Again the pathetic obsession of people we don't have anything to do with!

We just gave some people temporary refuge from persecution.

Galay hi pad gaye!

Facepalm for u Old timer ...If u still watch DVD's instead of torrent...

I don't mate, in fact don't watch Bollywood at all. How many people in Pakistan/India have access to the internet/******** or a computer for that matter.

Again the pathetic obsession of people we don't have anything to do with!

We just gave some people temporary refuge from persecution.

Galay hi pad gaye!

you forgot to respond my post.

thank goodness , Pakistanis will be saved from watching such Bollywood horrors

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL like this tax will help some pakistanis get rid of their obsession of bollywood movies.:pop:

you forgot to respond my post.

I did.

From my perspective, rather than worrying about whether Bollywood represents "Indian culture" or not or whether it is a "cheap copy" of Hollywood (which is again kaafir stuff), you should worry whether watching "moving images", music and dance is haraam or not.

First of all, you don't have the "salahiyat" to understand these things, are too much biased to be able to take an objective view of a moving reality and also completely disconnected because of the distortions that are fed to you from an early age. E.g. a kid calling an Indian diplomat (J N Dixit) "Hindu *****" when he visited the house.

Second, you have no locus standii on this, if you know what I mean. ;)

thank goodness , Pakistanis will be saved from watching such Bollywood horrors

Seems they don't have the free will to not watch something that has nothing to do with them!

They need to be forced into everything by taxes and other means.

Some things never change. ;)

Every thing is fine but stop supporting imports from any country... we shall support local industry local investors.

We are more rich in natural resources than Saudi Arabia, other naturally rich country is Afghanistan.

so is mexico and many other African countries. You have to concentrate on your strengths which is agriculture and textiles. Other resources you can get it real cheap by importing than by extracting. No country is willing to invest in your mines and infrastructure at present. You have to get a grip on your internal strife first.

Pakistan is a very small market for Bollywood but never the less a market, taxes or no taxes.

All because of widespread piracy. Someone told me that the total number of cinema halls in whole of Pakistan is even less than the number of multiplexes or cinema halls either in Delhi or Mumbai.

Not all but many many mushy supporters love bollywood enlighten moderation free hand movies @BATMAN is one who loves but won't declare it, won't you like to dance for us all like mushy did in mehfil-e-marasi.

With love from PTI supporter.

who goes to cinemas there days here?

anyway those who want to watch can watch it on DVD/cable/dish.

no need to go to dirrty cinemas

Back
Top Bottom