What's new

Indian films still rule in Pakistan!

with on going trend ... i don't think so... As @slapshot said only advantage is language...

yeah exactly....language is the problem......

u cant copy hollywood films like he said bcoz its not economical to do so........

when bollywood industry fails to copy those action flicks its impossible for pak in present times

unless and untill the pakistani industry develops the market will be captured by indian films

u wont believe but i heard some pakistani saying that they liked chennai express but not waar due to excessive use of english language....

25 years is not that difficult

yeah exactly....language is the problem......

u cant copy hollywood films like he said bcoz its not economical to do so........

when bollywood industry fails to copy those action flicks its impossible for pak in present times

unless and untill the pakistani industry develops the market will be captured by indian films

u wont believe but i heard some pakistani saying that they liked chennai express but not waar due to excessive use of english language....

25 years is not that difficult
Not all hollywood movies are hard to remake. If one will try to remake movies like Inception, Minority Reports etc then yeah it will be very hard. There movies that should be simple to remake like in comedy or drama genre. BTW we don't even need to remake, simple Urdu Dubbing in good quality can do the trick. Turkish dramas are hit in Pakistan and validate this idea.

does Pakistanis also like india dance and music?

Yup, but after more and more quality films being made in Pak, we will make sure that the indian film industry's influence will diminish. Inshallah

Last edited:
Yup, but after more and more quality films being made in Pak will make sure that the indian film industry's influence will diminish. Inshallah

Give me a link to watch Waar please.

The main reason is Lollywood is down the drain...thanks to zia ul haq.

The good sign is that it is picking up now as recently alot of good movies are coming out like Bhai Log, Mein Ek Din Laut Kay Aaunga, God Father, Khuda Kay Liye, Bol, Love Mein Ghum, Waar, etc.

actually bollywood is more popular in pakistan than non hindi speaking Indian regions

Yes but the trend is moving fast towards hollywood ... Indian films are loosing there charm because of less or no story line in films... Belive me Last film with a story was Zindagi na mily gi doobara ... i think now a days they are trying too much masala but no story...
Then watch Madras Cafe. :)

Yes but the trend is moving fast towards hollywood ... Indian films are loosing there charm because of less or no story line in films... Belive me Last film with a story was Zindagi na mily gi doobara ... i think now a days they are trying too much masala but no story...
Who the heck is bothered by story-lines?? It's the hip -shaking item numbers and the songs that Hollywood would never be able to match!
forever-alone-dancing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Pakistanis are natural audience of Bollywood, an artificial border based on religion can't change the basic taste and culture of people. :)

Hollywood films themselves are loosing ground as most them are based on some friction. Western people are gradually loosing interest in these movie and they have started liking movies having human emotions , good dance, comedy, social stories etc. Bollywood film may success if they are
1) made with Global Focus and,
2) Marketed properly.

Recently Jecky chan had been to India. He told that when you guys make such a nice move like Three Idiaot, you failed to market it properly.

Banning Indian movies wont improve the quality of Pakistan movies.... That will make movie makers of pakistan competitive and they will start making better movies.... Till then how Pakistan is going to retain the movie theaters?? They also need money to survive...... If you have good movie theaters you will have families walking in.....

Back
Top Bottom