What's new

Officially becoming a secular liberal person

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually asking about this:

I am failing in figuring out what seems disputable to you in my statement. :o:

Ok let me try again -

Rampage believes there should not be separation of religion and state. Fair enough in a country of single religion but consider diversity, the dictation of one religion on state can be counter productive on equal rights given to other religion followers.

If you agree that contradiction do happen among religions, can the state remain impartial in choosing state policies?

State policies should be framed considering what is right, not that what is right according to any specific religion.

Why cut and paste the Ayat do you ever read in full context? Or cut and place like what the Surah itself warns?
They distort words beyond their [proper] usages, saying "If you are given this, take it; but if you are not given it, then beware."

Same Surah starts that a little earlier try this and is about he Jews of that time:

Verse 41:

O Messenger, let them not grieve you who hasten into disbelief of those who say, "We believe" with their mouths, but their hearts believe not, and from among the Jews. [They are] avid listeners to falsehood, listening to another people who have not come to you. They distort words beyond their [proper] usages, saying "If you are given this, take it; but if you are not given it, then beware." But he for whom Allah intends fitnah - never will you possess [power to do] for him a thing against Allah . Those are the ones for whom Allah does not intend to purify their hearts. For them in this world is disgrace, and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment.

[They are] avid listeners to falsehood, devourers of [what is] unlawful. So if they come to you, [O Muhammad], judge between them or turn away from them. And if you turn away from them - never will they harm you at all. And if you judge, judge between them with justice. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

But how is it that they come to you for judgement while they have the Torah, in which is the judgement of Allah ? Then they turn away, [even] after that; but those are not [in fact] believers.

Indeed, We sent down the Torah, in which was guidance and light. The prophets who submitted [to Allah ] judged by it for the Jews, as did the rabbis and scholars by that with which they were entrusted of the Scripture of Allah , and they were witnesses thereto. So do not fear the people but fear Me, and do not exchange My verses for a small price. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers.
Mr last part is general statment for all we were given Quran and Sunnnah if we don't judge according to that we are also among kafirs and I have also posted complete ayat
Undoubtedly, We have sent down Taurah, wherein is the guidance and light. According to it the Jews wereordered by Our obedient prophets and men of reaming and, jurists for it was desired from them to preservethe Book of Allah and they were witnesses to it, then fear not people, but fear Me and do not accept meanprice for Our Signs. And whoso judges not according to what Allah has sent down, they are the persons who are infidels

Mr last part is general statment for all we were given Quran and Sunnnah if we don't judge according to that we are also among kafirs and I have also posted complete ayat
Undoubtedly, We have sent down Taurah, wherein is the guidance and light. According to it the Jews wereordered by Our obedient prophets and men of reaming and, jurists for it was desired from them to preservethe Book of Allah and they were witnesses to it, then fear not people, but fear Me and do not accept meanprice for Our Signs. And whoso judges not according to what Allah has sent down, they are the persons who are infidels
I am not only talking about the complete ayat but the context! Reading out of context is not helpful! The ayat was about the Jews at that time and what they did!

Please study the treatment of minorities according to Islamic law.

That's where the problem lies. Why should minority be treated according to islamic or any religion law and why not by their own religion law?

Since not everyone can be treated with different law, the state should be separated from religion.

What's this thing we're talking about ???

Could be anything which brings upon the contradiction between my religion and yours.

I am failing in figuring out what seems disputable to you in my statement. :o:

Ok let me try again -

Rampage believes there should not be separation of religion and state. Fair enough in a country of single religion but consider diversity, the dictation of one religion on state can be counter productive on equal rights given to other religion followers.

If you agree that contradiction do happen among religions, can the state remain impartial in choosing state policies?

State policies should be framed considering what is right, not that what is right according to any specific religion.
My question to you is:

Tell me what forms of contradictions do you fear? And how is it what is right to a specific religion cant be applied to everyone known as Homo Sapiens?

That's where the problem lies. Why should minority be treated according to islamic or any religion law and why not by their own religion law?

Since not everyone can be treated with different law, the state should be separated from religion.

Could be anything which brings upon the contradiction between my religion and yours.
Because firstly it is a law...if we showed you Shariah law and removed its name...You wouldnt be able to tell it was a religious law...coz Shariah doesnt favour 1 party it is a law for people...

Your assumption about my views about women
I didnt lie...I showed you what Quran says about them ...never said that was your belief...However it maybe the belief of those you support

i hate PoKeMoN- and you know it- :devil:-
so dont tease me- :sniper:-
Doesnt the baby get toys? :(

Damn bad daddy!

My question to you is:

Tell me what forms of contradictions do you fear?

Kya Zaki, thats primitive to ask.

Ok what form of economy will Islam suggest? Will it not contradict with other forms of economies?
I am talking about the way one religion is practiced. That way might contradict with other ways of living. I am not getting into specifics because that will create rift and a better than thou debate.

And how is it what is right to a specific religion cant be applied to everyone known as Homo Sapiens?

So what is right according to Christianity can be applied to all homo sapiens including Zarvan?

The fact that it can not, hence secularism.

But Poke loves you. :smitten:

Yeah that much that he suddenly disappeared-
i called it a victory- you had to change handles- i call it clean sweep-
instead of love- Admire me- :victorydance:-

Kya Zaki, thats primitive to ask.

Ok what form of economy will Islam suggest? Will it not contradict with other forms of economies?
I am talking about the way one religion is practiced. That way might contradict with other ways of living. I am not getting into specifics because that will create rift and a better than thou debate.

So what is right according to Christianity can be applied to all homo sapiens including Zarvan?

The fact that it can not, hence secularism.
Lets see....

When we talked about religious laws....do you guys seriously think that includes forcing others to pray and fasting?

There are laws for general people everyone...rape, murder, stealing and whatnot then there are laws for religion like right to practice own religion ...so how is that not good for Homo Sapiens? While Christianity has no problem too but when people start stopping scientific studies like what was done to famous scientists who found earth was round and not flat as per the bible....well that really isnt for Homo of any kind :P

Because firstly it is a law...if we showed you Shariah law and removed its name...You wouldnt be able to tell it was a religious law...coz Shariah doesnt favour 1 party it is a law for people...

But you are missing on one key point.

I being a hindu will not like many of its rules and would argue against it, but muslims will want it word by word since they think its word of Allah. Hence contradictions.

Also removing religion from state policy and doing what is just is secularism. You are doing same here.

You are secular. :lol:

The reason you are debating with Zarvan ratifies it. :lol:

Yeah that much that he suddenly disappeared-
i called it a victory- you had to come with another ID- i call it clean sweep-
instead of love- Admire me- :victorydance:-

Jon disappeared, so do Poke.

Just look at the love. :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom