What's new

Officially becoming a secular liberal person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if i'm wrong , but you need not find a similarity in practice of "Aql" isn't it so?

You have a point. But you are not addressing the central issue. There are areas where Quran, Hadith, and practices of elders (Sahaba and / or Ahl-Bait) are not going to provide a guideline. That is where Aql is used. Sunnis just call it Qiyas (among other terms). The central question in fiqh is the intention of The Law-giver (Allah). Qiyas is just an attempt to answer the question "What I should do in this situation". To me that is same as Aql. I have done that on occasion for my self (and I am no Alim), when I could not find how I should act from my limited knowledge.

So, this is not a specifically Shi'i concept. It is based on Hadith of (I think) Hazrat Muaz bin Jabal.

Pry do point out what is unjust...what forms are we talking about?

Are you debating the fact that religions do contradict each other? Or say the way of practicing them?

And I am putting my weight on justifying separation of religion and state.

Your assumption about my views about women
I didnt lie...I showed you what Quran says about them ...never said that was your belief...However it maybe the belief of those you support

Are you debating the fact that religions do contradict each other? Or say the way of practicing them?

And I am putting my weight on justifying separation of religion and state.
I was actually asking about this:

One thing may be just for your religion but unjust to mine. Will I be considered as second citizen by my own government and my choice will be superceded just because my constitution is governed by your religion? Thats not equality.

I think you are following me...and I am following you that is for sure got a notification you are alive :D
Allah (swt) states Surah al Maida verse 44:

“And whosoever does not rule by what Allah has revealed then such are the kafireen (disbelievers)”
@qamar1990

Yup at his appointment as the governor of Yemen i think but many scholars(mainly sunni) disagree with the use of it . Hence my argument of a secular constitution providing a more stable base for a country.
You have a point. But you are not addressing the central issue. There are areas where Quran, Hadith, and practices of elders (Sahaba and / or Ahl-Bait) are not going to provide a guideline. That is where Aql is used. Sunnis just call it Qiyas (among other terms). The central question in fiqh is the intention of The Law-giver (Allah). Qiyas is just an attempt to answer the question "What I should do in this situation". To me that is same as Aql. I have done that on occasion for my self (and I am no Alim), when I could not find how I should act from my limited knowledge.

So, this is not a specifically Shi'i concept. It is based on Hadith of (I think) Hazrat Muaz bin Jabal.

Verily, We did send down the Taurat (Torah) [to Musa (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allah's Will, judged for the Jews. And the rabbis and the priests [too judged for the Jews by the Taurat (Torah) after those Prophets], for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's Book, and they were witnesses thereto. Therefore fear not men but fear Me (O Jews) and sell not My Verses for a miserable price. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the Kafirun (i.e. disbelievers - of a lesser degree as they do not act on Allah's Laws). @qamar1990

Sab nautanki hai
he will be back to cursing other people in no time
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

@qamar1990: We have had numerous fights before bro,but if I could meet you,I would've given you a big hug and brought you porotta and beef!:cheers:
Pakistan and India are both great nations,whatever problems we have in between us,religion should not be on the list!

But if religion start dictating the government, how will you make it impartial and unbiased.
Please study the treatment of minorities according to Islamic law.

One thing may be just for your religion but unjust to mine. Will I be considered as second citizen by my own government and my choice will be superceded just because my constitution is governed by your religion? Thats not equality.
What's this thing we're talking about ???

Allah (swt) states Surah al Maida verse 44:

“And whosoever does not rule by what Allah has revealed then such are the kafireen (disbelievers)”
@qamar1990
Why cut and paste the Ayat do you ever read in full context? Or cut and place like what the Surah itself warns?
They distort words beyond their [proper] usages, saying "If you are given this, take it; but if you are not given it, then beware."

Same Surah starts that a little earlier try this and is about he Jews of that time:

Verse 41:

O Messenger, let them not grieve you who hasten into disbelief of those who say, "We believe" with their mouths, but their hearts believe not, and from among the Jews. [They are] avid listeners to falsehood, listening to another people who have not come to you. They distort words beyond their [proper] usages, saying "If you are given this, take it; but if you are not given it, then beware." But he for whom Allah intends fitnah - never will you possess [power to do] for him a thing against Allah . Those are the ones for whom Allah does not intend to purify their hearts. For them in this world is disgrace, and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment.

[They are] avid listeners to falsehood, devourers of [what is] unlawful. So if they come to you, [O Muhammad], judge between them or turn away from them. And if you turn away from them - never will they harm you at all. And if you judge, judge between them with justice. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

But how is it that they come to you for judgement while they have the Torah, in which is the judgement of Allah ? Then they turn away, [even] after that; but those are not [in fact] believers.

Indeed, We sent down the Torah, in which was guidance and light. The prophets who submitted [to Allah ] judged by it for the Jews, as did the rabbis and scholars by that with which they were entrusted of the Scripture of Allah , and they were witnesses thereto. So do not fear the people but fear Me, and do not exchange My verses for a small price. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom