What's new

Officially becoming a secular liberal person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup at his appointment as the governor of Yemen i think but many scholars(mainly sunni) disagree with the use of it . Hence my argument of a secular constitution providing a more stable base for a country.

Many Sunni scholars are into Taqleed, so.....

But I learned basics of fiqh from Professor Dr. Mukhtar Al-Maghraoui, he has a PhD in Astrophysics, taught in renowned US universities, and his elders from both sides (mother and father) are Sufi Shuyukh of two different orders. His lectures opened up my mind. His expertise includes treatment of fiqh among various sects. That is why I do not see much point in trivial differences. Ultimately fiqh is about art of life; how to live. Any one who strives with earnestness gets my vote - even if I do not agree in details.

But you are missing on one key point.

I being a hindu will not like many of its rules and would argue against it, but muslims will want it word by word since they think its word of Allah. Hence contradictions.

Also removing religion from state policy and doing what is just is secularism. You are doing same here.

You are secular. :lol:

The reason you are debating with Zarvan ratifies it. :lol:

You failed to give me an example to go with....what rules from Shariah (mind if I ask have you ever read it even?) will a Hindu like you not like?

Debating with Zarvan is not something bad...He just has weird and weirder view points...

Love is scary for you!!! :tsk:
whose love? isnt he married? go look for another mate :cheesy:

I iz enjoying, you and @JonAsad's convo.... please do continue! :P

@Zarvan, shoot yourself! :D
Did you bring :pop: and coke? me needs some coke getting dehydrated from replying :unsure:

and stop being mean to @Zarvan you big bully!

Jon disappeared, so do Poke.

Just look at the love. :smitten:

Man i took a time off- Read "Time off"-
It seems like you used your time off changing your sx orientation-Gross

Yara, what was your old handle? :undecided:

You failed to give me an example to go with....what rules from Shariah (mind if I ask have you ever read it even?) will a Hindu like you not like?

Debating with Zarvan is not something bad...He just has weird and weirder view points...

whose love? isnt he married? go look for another mate :cheesy:

Did you bring :pop: and coke? me needs some coke getting dehydrated from replying :unsure:

You are now officially a kafir and a traitor to Mullahs of Pakistan. Good luck.

That's what I am trying to avoid. It gets into competition from discussion mode.

Anyways I do differ with their economic model like how they forbid interest. In simple, current banking model is crime according to shariah.

I don't endorse their criminal law as well. Its barbaric sometime. And not to forget blasphemy law(not sure if that is in accordance with shariah).

i have always supported a conservative islamic pakistan, but recent events and experiences in my life have changed my mind quite a bit. from here on i am official a liberal Pakistani and will always advocate for a secular democratic Pakistan.
i would like to apologize to some of the secular members on here for anything i might have said to them to make them mad or angry.

1. As @SHAMK9 said - Being Secular and being liberal are two different things. I say this because most Pakistanis tend to think the two as the same.

2. Secular also does not mean you stop being theist and become atheist.

3. It just means you also give respect to people of other religions and believe that there must be absolute equality of rights that a State gives to its citizens without discrimination on the basis of religion.

4. Generally changes in thought process occur rarely. I hope you dont fall back.

5. You can hate India as much as you want. Secularism doesnt mean you start liking or stop hating secular countries. If you feel India has/continues to wrong your nation, you do have rights to hate that country.

Here is hoping you have a very happy and fulfilling life ahead.

Very accurate explanation...... though, I don't agree with point four...... people change all the time.........

1. As @SHAMK9 said - Being Secular and being liberal are two different things. I say this because most Pakistanis tend to think the two as the same.

2. Secular also does not mean you stop being theist and become atheist.

3. It just means you also give respect to people of other religions and believe that there must be absolute equality of rights that a State gives to its citizens without discrimination on the basis of religion.

4. Generally changes in thought process occur rarely. I hope you dont fall back.

Here is hoping you have a very happy and fulfilling life ahead.

Yara, once married.... no one remains as sharp as they were before..... you tend to let go of that smartness...... and you feel good doing it! :D

Ok here is a slap from the past! June is here Biryani! now go flush yourself :pissed:

Yara, once married.... no one remains as sharp as they were before..... you tend to let go of that smartness...... and you feel good doing it! :D

Man i love you for being honest and speaking the truth- and of course your courage till it lasts-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom