What's new

Do you believe in a/some spiritual Guru/Sant/Saint/Pir/Baba ?

I have seen up close, what a supposed teacher can do to corrupt the atmosphere. Thanks to this experience, I have no trust in any of these so called gurus.

Peer pressure keeps things secretive, as one can't speak out in such groups. There will always be politicians in these groups. So hell no to any such groups with a guru or peer or whatever

@VIRUS @KedarT

Please don't peddle these half truths about Eklavya and Karna

BR Chopra Mahabharat isn't the authority

here is the real reason as to what happened with Eklavya

Eklavya was son of Hiranyadhenu who was the army commander of Magadha Prince Jarasandha. Magadha was the enemy kingdom of Kuru. Dronacharya was the teacher of Kurus. So it is obvious that it was his duty to teach all the kuru princes. And as Eklavya belonged to enemy kingdom, dronacharya didn't teach him.

When donacharya and kuru princes found out about Eklavya's skill later, he told them that he practiced alone and made clay idol of Guru dronacharya. Now Acharya knew that eklavya could be a potential threat in future to the kuru kingdom. So he thought strategically and asked for Eklavya's thumb citing reason that he did not ask his permission. Also there are many references in Mahabharat that Eklavya secretly used to watch training sessions of Acharya. It is also a sin.

About Karna

Try to hear what is being said, reading past in present lens is what makes up these myths and understandings there by.

Right. Meri knowledge almost zero hai is sab ko le ke. Bachpan me dd wali dekhi thi TV pe, thats about it.

Also kinda agnostic, not very religious at all.

Baba's and Peer faqeers in Muslim majority countries are nothing but frauds, there are thousands of people deprived of Faith goes to these dead baba's mazar for their mannat and other BS, when Allah has told us that your prayer comes directly to me, and those dead baba's can't even do anything as they are dead. Only Allah is everlasting, ask him directly, Quran and Hadith is there to guide, but in countries like Pakistan and Indian Jahalat has taken the worst out of people.

Baba's and Peer faqeers in Muslim majority countries are nothing but frauds, there are thousands of people deprived of Faith goes to these dead baba's mazar for their mannat and other BS, when Allah has told us that your prayer comes directly to me, and those dead baba's can't even do anything as they are dead. Only Allah is everlasting, ask him directly, Quran and Hadith is there to guide, but in countries like Pakistan and Indian Jahalat has taken the worst out of people.
They do some nice music though, the sufis.

Nizamuddin dargah in delhi for jumma raat, thursdays is a nice scene, you have to walk through all these graves but... They sing songs about Allah and Ali and all sorts. I understand some of the more hardcore believers, sunnis really hate that shite but. Say it goes against some basic tenets of the faith.

They do some nice music though, the sufis.

Nizamuddin dargah in delhi for jumma raat, thursdays is a nice scene, you have to walk through all these graves but... They sing songs about Allah and Ali and all sorts. I understand some of the more hardcore believers, sunnis really hate that shite but. Say it goes against some basic tenets of the faith.
It definitely does goes against the Islam, not Sunni... some hardcore Shia use poetry which are invoking Shirk, Asking Ali RA for help or saying things like Mushkil Kusha or helper, no matter how much anyone sugar coat this, its all Shirk and not allowed in Islam...

A few years back, there was a dude on here who said Pizza Hut was his personal Guru

@313ghazi you need to get your research right on this subject. Your entire post about islamic scholar's views on Sufism is a copy paste, the source of which is a shia forum with zero credibility.

For example, Imam Malik's views on the subject:

Imam Malik (95 H. – 179 H.) “whoever studies Jurisprudence (tafaqaha) and didn’t study Sufism [tasawwafa] will be corrupted; and whoever studied Sufism and didn’t study Jurisprudence will become a heretic; and whoever combined both will be reach the Truth.” [the scholar’Ali al-Adawi , vol. 2, p 195.)

“Al -Tinnisi said: We were sitting with Malik with his companions around him. A man from the people of Nasibin said, ‘We have some people who go by the name of Sufis. They eat a lot then they start (chanting) poems (qasa’id), after which they stand and start (chanting) dancing.” Malik asked, “Are they boys (sibyan)?” He said no. Malik asked, “Are they insane?” He said, No, they are old men (mashaykh) and other than that, and they are mature and sane (‘uqala.” Malik said, “I never heard that any of the people of Islam do this.” The man said to him, “Indeed, they do! They eat, then they stand up and start dancing intensively (dawa’ib), and some of them slap their heads, and some of their faces.” Malik started laughing then went into his house. His companions said to the man. “You were, O man, ill luck (mash’um) for our friend [Malik]. We have been sitting with him thirty-odd years and never saws him laugh except today.” “Narrated without a chain by Al-Qadi ‘Iyad in Tartib Al-Madarak.”

Source: (The Four Imams and their Schools by Gibril Fouad Haddad page 180)
“Abd al-Malik ibn Ziyad al-Nasibi said: “We were with Malik when I mentioned to him Sufis in our city. I said to him that they wear fancy Yemenite clothes, and do such and such. He replied, ‘Woe to you! Are they Muslims?’. He then laughed until he lay on his back. Some of his companions said to me, ‘What is this?’ We have not seen more trouble (fitna) caused to the Shaykh than you, for we never saw him laugh!” “Narrated by al-Khallal in al-Hathth ‘ala al-Tijara wal-Sina’a wal-Amal (Abu Ghudda) with a weak chain because of ‘Abd al-Malik ibn Ziyad al-Nasibi who is “disclaimed in his narrations and untrustworthy” (munkar al hadith, gahyr thiqa) according to al-Aazdi as per Ibn al-Jawzi in al-Du’afa wal-Matrukin (1:149) while Ibn Hibban in his Thiaqat (8:390) said he reports oddities from Malik.”

Source: (The Four Imams and their Schools by Gibril Fouad Haddad page 181)

Imam Al-Shaf'i:

"If a person excercized sufism(tasawafa) at the begininng of the day, he doesn't come at Zuhur except an idiot".

"Nobody accompanied the Sufis forty days and had his brain return(never) "

And he recited in poetry: " And leave (alone) who if came to you practiced piety/ and when alone were concealed wolves"-Pgs 371 Talbees Iblis

And when he went to Egypt he said: "I have left Baghdad and the aetheists(Zanadiga) have innovated a thing they call Sama'(Hearing)" - He is referring to the singinig and dancing that the Sufis innovated in the second century and is still spread amongst them till the present day.

Imam Ahmed Bin Hanbal:

" Warn (people) from Al-Harith( a Sufi leader) the strongest warning!! Al-Harith is the origin of the confusion(referring to the incidents of Jahm- . Fulan and Fulan have sat with that (person) and he has changed them to Jahm's view, He is still the shelter of the people of the talk. Harith is in the position of a garrisonned lion any day (he) will leap on the people"-Talbees Iblis Pgs166-167.

If you or IK believe in Sufism then that's your / his personal decision and I respect that. My admiration of IK is solely for political and cricketing reasons, I don't follow him in all walks of life. In fact, I've been critique of IK's policies on Taliban, Afghanistan etc. on this very forum for a long time, way before he formed any govt.

Lastly, either something is part of Islam or it's not. There is no in-between. Sufism is an innovation and has nothing to do with Islam, infact some of the Sufism stuff is a direct contradiction to basic teachings of Islam. I'll leave it at that.

What political reasons? Ability to conjure conspiracy theories or rely on a sorceress vote bank. I am absolutely awed by this phenomenon that everyone you speak to have fundamental problems with all if not most of policies of the previous government but want to vote for those policies while songs about peers and mureeds blast propaganda in their ears like fitna falling from the sky.

Help me understand this. You seem to keep things straight and not astray to the metaphysical for argument.

Help me understand this. You seem to keep things straight and not astray to the metaphysical for argument.

Very simple, keep politics and your political liking or disliking separate from your religious believes. If I am following or supporting IK because I see him as most suitable candidate for PMship at the moment (compared the the rest of the lot), then that's just it. What his religious believes are, is his own personal choice and everyone should respect that.

Right. Meri knowledge almost zero hai is sab ko le ke. Bachpan me dd wali dekhi thi TV pe, thats about it.

Also kinda agnostic, not very religious at all.
Yeah but then, please don't keep saying stuff which is not correct.

Half truths get peddled and give ammo, to those who want to hurt sentiments of those who believe in faith. Personally it doesn't matter to me, if Drona is bad or good.

However if things are corrupted, and used to peddle a ideology it has to be spoken about.

A few years back, there was a dude on here who said Pizza Hut was his personal Guru
Wonder how much weight he has put on, courtesy his personal Guru

Hi all

Just wondering, for us subcontinent lot, India and Pakistan specifically.

Here in India its fairly common for some to be bhakts (which literally translates to devotees) of some baba type (mostly) guy, but sometimes a lady saint too.

I have in my immediate, and extended family, as well as some friends etc who sorta have this strong thing about some baba/guru.. living, breathing ones, not mythological ones.

The whole holy man thing.. pretty common around here where I am at least.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Sadhguru, Amma, Neem Karoli baba.. there's many

some say they're charlatans, others swear by them..

aapke waha bhi aisa kuch hai ?

batao
No. I seek only Allah's Blessings.

If I am following or supporting IK because I see him as most suitable candidate for PMship at the moment (compared the the rest of the lot), then that's just it.

Most suitable candidate to apply core fundamental policies which you are vehemently against.

You have all the required mental gymnastic skills to be a Pir yourself.

Hi all

Just wondering, for us subcontinent lot, India and Pakistan specifically.

Here in India its fairly common for some to be bhakts (which literally translates to devotees) of some baba type (mostly) guy, but sometimes a lady saint too.

I have in my immediate, and extended family, as well as some friends etc who sorta have this strong thing about some baba/guru.. living, breathing ones, not mythological ones.

The whole holy man thing.. pretty common around here where I am at least.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Sadhguru, Amma, Neem Karoli baba.. there's many

some say they're charlatans, others swear by them..

aapke waha bhi aisa kuch hai ?

batao
And the best one of them is/was (wonder if he is still alive) a Sindhi. A genius entertainer. I hope they have preserved a lot of videos of his pravachans.

@El Sidd

1700732059623.jpeg
1700732122618.jpeg

1700732282296.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom