What's new

Karachi MetroBus NEXT! (should've been the first) Sez Chief Minister Punjab

Those two statements contradict each other, BRT will never be a subway, it can be converted to light train system which i highly doubt.

It can. The overhead portion (6-7 stations only) can be connected to a new line (going in a different direction), eventually leading to subway.

As far as the ground portion is concerned, that can't. it could probably stay as BRT due to intersections. In near future, that can be expanded like to other suburbs.

Karachi has been offered something better than current condition. You should at least appreciate. As i have said, there are cities around the world that have more than 1 system. Tehran, Istanbul, Guangzhou etc have BRTs, Subways, and Trams so there is nothing to loose if you begin with one of them.

And coming to CM of Punjab, he doesn't need any awards. The IRI survey is enough success.

i can only lol at the brainwashed lahoris who dont even have proper infrastructure, and proper facilities are comparing their city to goangzou and istanbul, its just amazing

even a small city like ahmedabad has a BRT system(which BTW has its own company operating and not like lahore which has a turkish firming running it)

the point is, shahbaz has played you guys, he made a failed contract and according to it, unlike other self sustaining systems, lahoris will have to fix their earning just to keep this piece of garbage running also for 15 years, you gone

any system that is built, its cost is determined, if it fails to earn some profit, it is a failed system..

your shahbaz shareef is a guy who spent extra 25 lakh on each daewoo buses you were so earn to show to me to buy them because he wanted a quick delivery,

now imagine the price and cost of thise project who is being worked on day and night to finish it? i mean why is shahbaz shareef so earn to finish it quickly? if he spends more time the cost of this project is lower but its pretty clear what sort of advantage he is keep to take before elections come

How about Someone do their jobs and start arresting people for a change.

Easier said then done, however I do agree with you. May need the military for such kind of endeavors.

Lahore will get Subway. This BRT is designed that way. It will get converted once we get electricity. Even a city like London, which we praise is not 100% underground. 50-60% of it is ground. Lahore's BRT is just a start buddy, a trend setter. Cities around the world have more than 1 system and more than 1 lines and we are just getting ready.

We are living in 21st century, think for future not past. Coming generations will find hard to get Land to live, if we convert all land for transport & other things where on earth will we live. There should be proper future planning(& that is what Pakistan lacks in). If CM was spending billions he should think for spending a little more & build proper underground subway system.

ROFL Bangladesh's transportation is sh!t and part of their economy's success is because of our industries moving there. BTW why are you comparing a country with a province ? Punjab is a province, not a country and just to let you know again, load shedding is one of the reasons which is our downfall. WAPDA, Oil and Gas are under federal control, not under provincial..

I never said Bdsh had first class tranportation system. What i mean was Punjab is nothing as you guys are projecting, the example i give of Bdsh was to show that if a ting land can progress soo much in economic why a big land which have much bigger agricultural land, tourism land, etc can't progress. Punjab's population is = Iran but forget about Iran, Punjab is not even close to countries like Bdsh, Vietnam & if you don't want comparision with countries than i can give you example of indian provinces. So don't thump your chest if some politition making you fool. As for Karachi it is performing much better, it is wrong impression that Karachi earn money from importing/exporting stuffs, Karachi has thousands of industries & dozens of industrial areas, even after too much chaos still it is performing much better.

It can. The overhead portion (6-7 stations only) can be connected to a new line (going in a different direction), eventually leading to subway.

As far as the ground portion is concerned, that can't. it could probably stay as BRT due to intersections. In near future, that can be expanded like to other suburbs.
and who will pay for this? you do know that rest of punjab calls shehbaz minister of lahore, instead of throwing millions of ruppees in a sh*ty bus service, he should have went with a metro system.

The whole posts in this thread shows how much united we pakistanis are :frown:

We should appreciate eachother instead of blaming and de grading eachother !
I appreciate what Mustafa Kamal and Shabaz Sharif has done to their cities !
Ache kaam kahin bhi ho use appreciate krna chahiye na ke ek dusre ke gireban khichne chahiyen !
Im tired of this Lahore-Karachi fight ! grow up Pakistanis :pakistan:

I never said Bdsh had first class tranportation system. What i mean was Punjab is nothing As for Karachi it is performing much better, it is wrong impression that Karachi earn money from importing/exporting stuffs, Karachi has thousands of industries & dozens of industrial areas, even after too much chaos still it is performing much better.

Karachi is just one part which is better off. But my question to you is, are there are other cities in Sindh which are alike ? or close as being developed ?

- Lahore is hub for Tourism and Education.
- Faislabad and Multan make Agriculture advancements and their research is widely known.
- Sialkot, Gujrat and Gujranwala are industrial cities. GDP Per Capita is highest in Pakistan.
- Rawalpindi has GHQ.
- Dera Ghazi Khan has Fertilizer plants and serves good economy by transportation to KPK.
- Khusab and Sargoda have Nuclear Reactors and Air Force Manufacturing Complex.
- Muree is hub for Tourism

Karachi is just one part which is better off. But my question to you is, are there are other cities in Sindh which are alike ? or close as being developed ?

- Lahore is hub for Tourism and Education.
- Faislabad and Multan make Agriculture advancements and their research is widely known.
- Sialkot, Gujrat and Gujranwala are industrial cities. GDP Per Capita is highest in Pakistan.
- Rawalpindi has GHQ.
- Khusab and Sargoda have Nuclear Reactors and Air Force Manufacturing Complex.
- Muree is hub for Tourism

karachi is all combined into one so no need to worry

karachi is all combined into one so no need to worry

Karachi may have everything, but this is called 'disparity' when other cities in the province are not alike. It has created ethnic disparities, sorry to say.

Anyways, i'm sick of this thread. Bye.

Karachi may have everything, but this is called 'disparity' when other cities in the province are not alike. It has created ethnic disparities, sorry to say.

Anyways, i'm sick of this thread. Bye.

You are talking as if Karachi stops other cities to get develop. Actually it is the same feudals who you guys support, why would they(feudals) want poors(ghareeb kay bachay) to get education & stand ahead of their(feudals) sons? Why would these feudals want industries in their cities...so that poor people left their naukari & get a job in industry...who will polish their boots then??

The reality is that part of the budget Karachi gets is also eaten by these feudals who are also members of some political party.

Easier said then done, however I do agree with you. May need the military for such kind of endeavors.

No these are criminal conducts, you need the police to arrest, and do a proper arrest, not like what's usually donein Pak, 300 people arrested...

Proper CSI work, proper investigative work, bring forward the cases in a competent court of Pakistan with evidence.

I pity the Federal agency of which you are a part. If they can't control transport mafia, than how can they control other grave law and order issues of karachi

The whole posts in this thread shows how much united we pakistanis are :frown:

We should appreciate eachother instead of blaming and de grading eachother !
I appreciate what Mustafa Kamal and Shabaz Sharif has done to their cities !
Ache kaam kahin bhi ho use appreciate krna chahiye na ke ek dusre ke gireban khichne chahiyen !
Im tired of this Lahore-Karachi fight ! grow up Pakistanis :pakistan:

Even though I agree with your post but to make a point here; Mustafa Kamal was the Nazim of Karachi city only, while Shahbaz Shareef is the CM of the whole province. Mustafa Kamal was on a totally different level and there's no comparison between the two. One is a middle class man who did wonders for the city under his limited capacity while Shahbaz has the budget of whole of Punjab including 15 ministries. I've a firm feeling that budgets of other cities has been put in Lahore just like we've here in KPK where CM diverted the budgets to his native city Mardan just to secure his seat in the coming elections - doing an unjust negligence of other cities.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom