What's new

Is the Lahore Metrobus a folly or far-sighted?

imran khan was the one who was so against punjab that he tried to turn every one against punjab saying that punjab shouldnt get his part of share according to populationwhen pti ill come in power they ill revise punjab share in budget the poor province like sindh blochistan should get proper share the electricity should be distributed according to that criteria what his policy abt khalabagh dam and so on ????????????

imran khan was the one who was so against punjab that he tried to turn every one against punjab saying that punjab shouldnt get his part of share according to populationwhen pti ill come in power they ill revise punjab share in budget the poor province like sindh blochistan should get proper share the electricity should be distributed according to that criteria what his policy abt khalabagh dam and so on ????????????

i dont want your OWN SH*ty Words back your claims with Credible news sources .

metrobus is a cheap "solution" (which is not a solution in fact) instead of a robust rail transport system.
it did wonders in istanbul(!) rar or 7-zip compression algorithms are naught next to metrobus passanger compressing complexity.
seeing that it was inspired by istanbul metrobus, this must be the biggest kazık turks made pakistanis to sit on. share our pain fellow muslims, share our pain :)
kazık: a rip off

i dont want your OWN SH*ty Words back your claims with Credible news sources .

No need to build Kalabagh dam: Imran

ISLAMABAD: Chairman Tehrik-e-Insaf Imran Khan has said that construction of Kalabagh dam (KBD) is not necessary, as provinces are against its construction.

"Sindh has several reservations over the construction of Kalabagh dam and it does not trust the Centre in this regard", Khan told KTN.

He said constitutional institutions should be established to restore confidence of the people of Sindh before starting work on Kalabagh dam.

Bhasha dam could be constructed if there was a need of water reservoirs in the country, he added.

Tehrik-e-Insaf chairman said country's security would be in danger if autonomy was not granted to the provinces.

He said Sindh and Balochistan were suffering due to NFC award on population basis.

In hamid mir program he told hamid mir that budget of islamabad is more then whole blochistan budget and when therik insaf ill come in power they ill change the criteria of distribution of funds it should not be according to population i am a fan of imran khan since 2002 2003 but the policies of imran khan change time to time first he was so against mqm then his stance changed
then he start criticising zardari then nawaz shariff and now his focus is only on punjab govt totally u see there adds on tv and in last night i was seeing kamran khan he said that atleast i was loyal to my wife i dont know abt nawaz like telling the ppl her wife is not happy with nawaz sharif lol... u had divorce u couldnt able keep ur wife with u and ur discussing some ones person life on camera

No need to build Kalabagh dam: Imran

ISLAMABAD: Chairman Tehrik-e-Insaf Imran Khan has said that construction of Kalabagh dam (KBD) is not necessary, as provinces are against its construction.

"Sindh has several reservations over the construction of Kalabagh dam and it does not trust the Centre in this regard", Khan told KTN.

He said constitutional institutions should be established to restore confidence of the people of Sindh before starting work on Kalabagh dam.

Bhasha dam could be constructed if there was a need of water reservoirs in the country, he added.

Tehrik-e-Insaf chairman said country's security would be in danger if autonomy was not granted to the provinces.

He said Sindh and Balochistan were suffering due to NFC award on population basis.

No KalaBagh Dam Without Sindh Approval :- Nawaz Sharif

Can't have Kalabagh dam without consensus: Nawaz Sharif

RAIWIND: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday ruled out the construction of the controversial Kalabagh dam till all provinces agree to its construction, Express News reported.
“If two provinces want it and two do not want it, then how can it be made,” Nawaz told reporters in Raiwind.
SPLGA will divide Sindh
Noting how the recently passed Sindh Peoples Local Government Act had created a political storm in Sindh, Nawaz said that the law “is an act of dividing Sindh.”
“The people of Sindh will never accept this [SPLGA],” the PML-N chief said before adding that his party too had rejected the act.
Nawaz added that people of Sindh are looking for an alternative leadership since they did not get anything under the current regime. “There are no jobs, no merit system there, its a rule of tyranny.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/475535/cant-have-kalabagh-dam-without-consensus-nawaz-sharif/

:disagree:

Yess Khan is right sindh and blochistan are suffering over distribution of funds over population

RAIWIND: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday ruled out the construction of the controversial Kalabagh dam till all provinces agree to its construction, Express News reported.
“If two provinces want it and two do not want it, then how can it be made,” Nawaz told reporters in Raiwind.
SPLGA will divide Sindh
Noting how the recently passed Sindh Peoples Local Government Act had created a political storm in Sindh, Nawaz said that the law “is an act of dividing Sindh.”
“The people of Sindh will never accept this [SPLGA],” the PML-N chief said before adding that his party too had rejected the act.
Nawaz added that people of Sindh are looking for an alternative leadership since they did not get anything under the current regime. “There are no jobs, no merit system there, its a rule of tyranny.”

Can’t have Kalabagh dam without consensus: Nawaz Sharif – The Express Tribune

Yess Khan is right sindh and blochistan are suffering over distribution of funds over population

so whats the diff btween imran khan and nwaz sharif change of faces... if we reallly want some real change we should have tried a q khan aur some one like abdul star edi

This is not the answer of my Question my Canadian Friend i have given you with proofs provinces were having rights to produce electricity but PML N didnt produced a single unit :D you accept the incompetency of PML N or not ???

Today's Press conference on Power crisis. Answers all your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lahore BRT is a step in the right direction. Those who disagree with it are fools.

Building a Metro system in Lahore instead of a BRT would have been exponentially more expensive. The Lahore BRT needs to be scaled up.

I want those who disagree , not to ride it but they all did esp when it was free.
I think PTI etc are overzealous even though I am more PTI leaning. Just wait for their lota-cracy after the elections!
Wise men have learnt to keep their mounts shut and reap the benefits later.

Today's Press conference on Power crisis. Answers all your questions.

My canadian Friend i dont need Press Conference video i want proofs from credible sources :undecided:

so whats the diff btween imran khan and nwaz sharif change of faces... if we reallly want some real change we should have tried a q khan aur some one like abdul star edi

Kala Bagh has become National Issue and stop this kids Discussion grow up before getting into debate

I want those who disagree , not to ride it but they all did esp when it was free.
I think PTI etc are overzealous even though I am more PTI leaning. Just wait for their lota-cracy after the elections!
Wise men have learnt to keep their mounts shut and reap the benefits later.

Tax Payers money is invested on this project its not Project of Sharif family's Pio or their money so they have invested in it its good but Metro bus should not be their priority they just love to show people huge projects to get votes 30+ billion rupee is huge amount

Last edited by a moderator:
My canadian Friend i dont need Press Conference video i want proofs from credible sources :undecided:

Kala Bagh has become National Issue and stop this kids Discussion grow up before getting into debate

Tax Payers money is invested on this project its not Project of Sharif family's Pio or their money so they have invested in it its good but Metro bus should not be their priority they just love to show people huge projects to get votes 30+ billion rupee is huge amount
whatever.... no need of kalabagh dam and if there is a need Bhasha dam could be constructed .. bhasha dam is in earth quake zone imran khan dosent know that

ISLAMABAD - Director General Geological Survey of Pakistan (GSP) Dr Imran Ahmed Khan has opposed the construction of upstream mega projects like Bhasha dam on Tarbela that is located in zone-4 that is vulnerable to severe earthquakes.
DG GSP made these remarks while briefing the Senate standing committee on Petroleum and Natural resources with Senator Muhammad Yousaf in the chair.
The DG said that it is feared that in future an earthquake with magnitude of 9 may hit the zone-4 where Tarbela dam is located and another big reservoir over the dam will be affected due to it and Tarbela dam would also be on stake. He said that construction of water reservoir like Bhasha Dam in the area may result into another severe incident like Attabad Lake case.
He said during last few decades eight severe earthquakes erupted in this area therefore major reservoirs should not be constructed in this area. The DG said that Gwadar port is also located in the zone-4 where billion of rupees are being invested. He said that Geological Survey of Pakistan has conveyed the authorities about it and opposed the construction of Sighar houses in Gawadar but no one took notice so far.
Standing Committee recommended him to submit that report before the committee. Committee said if Bhasha dam is located in zone-4 is vulnerable to natural calamities then why India is constructing dams and International donors are providing financial aid for it? The DG GSP failed to satisfy the queries of the legislatures in this regard.
DG further added that seismic hazards that destroyed the Taxila civilizations are present in the Margalla Hills that may cause destruction in capital in future.
Briefing about Rekodiq landmine in Balochistan, Dr Khan apprised the committee that this landmine is worth trillions of dollars and most precious gemstones in the world are present in this mine. He said that total reserves in this mine are more than five billion tones.
Legislative body directed him to give complete report regarding layer of Rekodiq in the province. At this occasion, DG announced that after next fifteen to twenty days a pilot project of days 8 megawatt located in Thar coal would be operation and if it will succeed then coal culture would further develop in the country.
Standing committee showed concerns over the performance of the department and said that monthly expenses of the department are Rs 250 million while no output has been seen. Chairman of the committee Senator Muhammad Yousaf said that this department has been failed to deliver therefore it should be closed. DG geological survey of Pakistan informed the committee that in Arsenic is present in few villages of KPK and Punjab and 83% of population of these areas is vulnerable to cancer and other severe diseases. - See more at: http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2013/03/27/news/profit/gsp-head-opposes-bhasha-dam-on-technical-grounds/#sthash.L4VAqTa2.dpuf

the load shedding in pakistan is artificial the installed capacity is 24000 megawatts putting new plants would not solve any prob unless circular debt is taken care of we couldnt able to provide fuel to current plants how we illprovide fuel to new plants the federal govt should have converted those plants on imported coal the price per unit would have dropped from 33 per unit to 11 per unit

whatever.... no need of kalabagh dam and if there is a need Bhasha dam could be constructed .. bhasha dam is in earth quake zone imran khan dosent know that

ISLAMABAD - Director General Geological Survey of Pakistan (GSP) Dr Imran Ahmed Khan has opposed the construction of upstream mega projects like Bhasha dam on Tarbela that is located in zone-4 that is vulnerable to severe earthquakes.
DG GSP made these remarks while briefing the Senate standing committee on Petroleum and Natural resources with Senator Muhammad Yousaf in the chair.
The DG said that it is feared that in future an earthquake with magnitude of 9 may hit the zone-4 where Tarbela dam is located and another big reservoir over the dam will be affected due to it and Tarbela dam would also be on stake. He said that construction of water reservoir like Bhasha Dam in the area may result into another severe incident like Attabad Lake case.
He said during last few decades eight severe earthquakes erupted in this area therefore major reservoirs should not be constructed in this area. The DG said that Gwadar port is also located in the zone-4 where billion of rupees are being invested. He said that Geological Survey of Pakistan has conveyed the authorities about it and opposed the construction of Sighar houses in Gawadar but no one took notice so far.
Standing Committee recommended him to submit that report before the committee. Committee said if Bhasha dam is located in zone-4 is vulnerable to natural calamities then why India is constructing dams and International donors are providing financial aid for it? The DG GSP failed to satisfy the queries of the legislatures in this regard.
DG further added that seismic hazards that destroyed the Taxila civilizations are present in the Margalla Hills that may cause destruction in capital in future.
Briefing about Rekodiq landmine in Balochistan, Dr Khan apprised the committee that this landmine is worth trillions of dollars and most precious gemstones in the world are present in this mine. He said that total reserves in this mine are more than five billion tones.
Legislative body directed him to give complete report regarding layer of Rekodiq in the province. At this occasion, DG announced that after next fifteen to twenty days a pilot project of days 8 megawatt located in Thar coal would be operation and if it will succeed then coal culture would further develop in the country.
Standing committee showed concerns over the performance of the department and said that monthly expenses of the department are Rs 250 million while no output has been seen. Chairman of the committee Senator Muhammad Yousaf said that this department has been failed to deliver therefore it should be closed. DG geological survey of Pakistan informed the committee that in Arsenic is present in few villages of KPK and Punjab and 83% of population of these areas is vulnerable to cancer and other severe diseases. - See more at: GSP head opposes Bhasha Dam on

not only imran khan rest of political parties leader also says Make basha dam instead of politicized Kala bagh dam and stop using name of imran khan's name in this issue you havent answered my Questions related to 18th amendment over electricity production issue

SPLGA will divide Sindh

Can’t have Kalabagh dam without consensus: Nawaz Sharif – The Express Tribune

No they r suffering becoz of their corrupt sardar funds r sufficient bochistan only consist of 10 million and punjab has already sacrifice its share in nfc award

7th NFC award landmark in Pakistan history
Pakistan Times Business & Commerce Desk
LAHORE: Provincial Minister for Finance and Development Tanvir Ashraf Kaira said the 7th NFC award is a landmark in the political history of Pakistan and it will pave the way for giving financial autonomy to the provinces.

According to a handout received here on Saturday, Tanvir Ashraf Kaira said that federation has agreed to provide additional resources to the provinces and share of provinces has been increased from 47.5 percent to 57.5 percent in Federal Divisible Pool which is a major shift in vertical revenue sharing.

Increase in revenue share was a demand of the provinces which has been met amicably. He said Punjab has showed remarkable flexibility to accommodate other provinces especially Balochistan in 7th NFC Award.

Punjab has sacrificed its share for Balochistan and according to new NFC formula Balochistan would get 9.1 percent from horizontal distribution and its shares would be enhanced upto Rs. 83 billion, he added.

He said Punjab has made sincere efforts to strengthen the federation by accommodating other provinces. According to the new formula of NFC, Punjab would get Rs. 70 billion more funds from federation which would be used for the betterment of people of the province, he added.

He said GST on services now has become provincial subject and federation would get only one percent collection charges. The reducion in collection charges on GST on services would also help the provinces in getting additional resources, he adde

not only imran khan rest of political parties leader also says Make basha dam instead of politicized Kala bagh dam and stop using name of imran khan's name in this issue you havent answered my Questions related to 18th amendment over electricity production issue

yes i did but ur pea size mind couldnt able to understand

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom