What's new

JF-17 Nightmare For The Enemy Pilots

I hate to have to say this but it needs to be said...

Let us imagine 2 JF-17s against 2 SU-30MKIs head on, with AWACs coverage and so both are seen by the other side well outside the maximum range of their BVR AAMs.

JF-17 has top speed of Mach 1.6 and service ceiling of 17,000m
Su-30MKI has top speed of Mach 2 and also a service ceiling of 17,000m
Just the higher top speed of the Su-30MKI will allow it to release it's BVR AAMs at greater range as they would have greater kinetic energy when released.

JF-17 can carry 4 SD-10s
SU-30MKI can carry 10 R-77s.
SU-30MKI can fire many more R-77s whereas the JF-17 will run out of BVR AAMs much quicker in a BVR shoot-out.

Conclusion: SU-30MKIs will eat JF-17s for breakfast, lunch and dinner assuming the radar, EW and missiles are of similar standard.

PAC broacher and this pic proves dual launcher will be or are already something in works

Just curious if this Configuration works with drop tanks as well which will give jf 2 plus hours cap plus 4x bvr plus 2 short range

Image1509286667.238269.jpg

Lastly why it says manufacture correct word is rebuilt ?

View attachment 433970

Sorry to say that I don't want to derail the thread.
Continue with... Personally I believe, J10 is good for pakistan.

They are almost same in every aspects except range...
Plus we have got f16 with exact operational fields..

Sorry to say that I don't want to derail the thread.
Continue with... Personally I believe, J10 is good for pakistan.
PAF is going for indigenous development, JF-17 is better because its joint-venture and made in pakistan.

They are almost same in every aspects except range...
Plus we have got f16 with exact operational fields..

I would say that j17 is cost saving platform but please don't compare with J10, su30 or even f16.

Technically, they are ahead of I compare with jf17.

As a primary role, pakistan needs like J10 aircraft. Jf17 can be good replacement of older mirage and other aircraft's

PAF is going for indigenous development, JF-17 is better because its joint-venture and made in pakistan.

No, man. Jf 17 has upgradation limited

View attachment 433960

View attachment 433961
on a lighter note

the hazzards of employing non military actors in a military photo/ video shoot

View attachment 433962

he has a hand held radio and a headphone

whats the use of his headphone then? I wonder what he is holding on his left hand? an iphone or his joystick?
My dear, through headphone, he is in contact with the pilot (once he's in the cockpit)...the hand held radio is to communicate with person on the ground....

Let us imagine 2 JF-17s against 2 SU-30MKIs head on, with AWACs coverage and so both are seen by the other side well outside the maximum range of their BVR AAMs.

Just the higher top speed of the Su-30MKI will allow it to release it's BVR AAMs at greater range as they would have greater kinetic energy when released.

JF-17 can carry 4 SD-10s
SU-30MKI can fire many more R-77s whereas the JF-17 will run out of BVR AAMs much quicker in a BVR shoot-out.

Conclusion: SU-30MKIs will eat JF-17s for breakfast, lunch and dinner assuming the radar, EW and missiles are of similar standard.

JFTs will also have other supporting assets too as mostly they will be defending the air space of Pakistan, also tactics also matters in air war.

I would say that j17 is cost saving platform but please don't compare with J10, su30 or even f16.

As a primary role, pakistan needs like J10 aircraft. Jf17 can be good replacement of older mirage and other aircraft's

For Pakistan JF-17 is brilliant as they get a cheap 4th generation fighter that they are making inhouse and so developing their aerospace industry.

However it is not much threat to aircraft like F-16, J-10 and SU-30. I am not saying that a JF-17 can never shoot down a F-16, J-10 or SU-30 but it will be shot down many times more first before it gets one kill in return.

JF-17 can carry 4 SD-10s

There was no need for this to be said

JF-17 can carry 4 SD-10s

Wrong acheiving high speed will mean use of lot of fuel, a sustained path and very high altitude...getting to high/maximum speeds isn't that easy...

In the past it was needed for interceptions now it isnt...advnatages of the DSI outweighs achieving a theoretical high speed.

JFTs will also have other supporting assets too as mostly they will be defending the air space of Pakistan, also tactics also matters in air war.

Assuming also that both sides have the same level of skill in tactics as well.:-)

PAC broacher and this pic proves dual launcher will be or are already something in works

Just curious if this Configuration works with drop tanks as well which will give jf 2 plus hours cap plus 4x bvr plus 2 short range

View attachment 433968

Lastly why it says manufacture correct word is rebuilt ?

View attachment 433970
Wow this is good find

JF-17 can carry 4 SD-10s

Looks good on paper, however sorry to ruin your daily meal, recent confrontation between the two proved otherwise without any blood being spilled....when a single round can blow you out of the sky, what advantages do you have whether you are carrying 4 or 10 missiles.....unless one side is America and the other Iraq....

Wrong acheiving high speed will mean use of lot of fuel, a sustained path and very high altitude...getting to high/maximum speeds isn't that easy...

In the past it was needed for interceptions now it isnt...advnatages of the DSI outweighs achieving a theoretical high speed.

Nope.

When a SU-30MKI faces a JF-17 it will only then climb high and put on afterburner to allow it to release it's BVR R-77s before the JF-17 can do the same. JF-17s will have to face 4 R-77s ripple-fired fired by Su-30MKIs outside it's range of effective missiles fire before it can fire back. The SU-30MKI has much longer endurance than the tiny JF-17 and so can be more liberal about the use of afterburner.

Nope it doesnt....why does India want to buy gripen...j10 has better range and presumably a stronger radar but a lot of things will be similar to j10...paf needs a lot of finances to upgrades it's network and value added aircraft's (awecs, refuelers and EW)

Back
Top Bottom