What's new

Iraq seals $4.2 deal with Russia, makes initial payment

The f-16 is nothing more than a patch solution. It wont compete with other jets as I have mentioned earlier and is exclusive to dealing with internal threats. But it is a good start since they could always get an upgrade in the future. befor jumping to the conclusion that Iraqi air force is "failed and hopeless", well it's not like Iraq is going to stick with these F-16's eternally.

Iraq is planning to spend about $230 billion on security and energy in the next five years, most analysts expect Iraq to be a major arms market after 2020, by that time the oil production will triple, gas production will start, giving Iraq another source of income..., , industry and taxes will also boost the cash flow . By that government revenues will be over $300 billion, more than Turkey, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanons current revenues combined.

So Iraq should be able to buy other weapons, it's not the end of the world for Iraq.

BTW, LegionnairE, Why do you seem so angry? Wasn't there a peace treaty signed between Turkey and the PKK just about a week ago.

I don't know what's wrong with GCC, UAE was going for SU-37 and financed part of the project to upgrade it, after US refused to sell F-16I with long range A2G missiles, but they ot back to F-16I. :hitwall:

The UAE financed a $3 billion project to enhance the F-16's. The current bloc 60 they have are better than the Bloc 52++ in the own air force.

The UAE financed a $3 billion project to enhance the F-16's. The current bloc 60 they have are better than the Bloc 52++ in the own air force.

I know, it's the best F-16 so far, but I hate that *****, I never liked it. But it's no SU-35 my friend, although USA bought F-16 with cutting edge tech, but it refused to buy long range A2G missles, and that's why UAE upgraded their Mirage 2000 9 to carry Black Shaheen with upto 400 km range. They have revealed a home-made A2G long range missile of 120km named Tariq to use it on their F-16 fleet. The same problem KSA is having. So, GCC made that up by keeping US made fleets for air superiority and close-medium A2G strike capabilities, and French and UK fleets as multirole and mainly long A2G capabilities.

US didn't sell Iraq Block 52s, F16IQ is a downgraded version.
Yours are no better. For a NATO member, Turkey has the importance of an...orderly. Your F16 are useless against the Israelis. Even the F16 you assemble home, you had to beg the one that murdered you citizen and pissed on your ambassador for electronic components that the US refused to give you. Iraq, has to make do with what they are given. The most important thing that Iraqis will leave with is an air combat training, combined with what they have learned from the Russians, they will have a dual combat culture that will benefit them greatly against a foe.
US just wanted Iraq to have some deterrent against a certain rogue state starting with the letter I-That's coming right out of arse. United State established and facilitated a Shia government in Irak, if their objective is to dress Iraq as a rempart against the scar Iran, they would not allow Maliki to be president.

Iraq elected a pro-farsi shia government and now I don't even phucking know why they are arming for, what's certain is that Iraq will be a walk in the park for any player in the region even if they deplete all their resources on military equipment

We are talking about Iraq and the Irakis...It took them less than 6 hrs to take Kuweit, and they would have done away with rest of the GCC in two days , if it was their goal...We all witnessed the giant Turkish ogre against the PKK with their AK47... A dismal exhibition of inaptitude. You should go back to serving tea as you did in the Korean war.!

So I think they should fix their miserable 3rd world country first

Because you have two legs one in Europe, the other one in Asia...Your tail and behind still in the middle east...You are just like the crow who tried to learn to walk like partridge. Not only he couldn't imitate her, he lost his own gate too...Have you asked yourself why the door the EU is still closed to Turkey? Because you are a spineless 3rd world country!

But hey, if they to form that little idea they wouldn't be a miserable 3rd world country in the first place :lol:

They saw yours and they...choose a way that will eventually serve their interest better...When Gengis Khan destroyed Baghdad's library the Tigres and the Euphrates water were inked colored for over time... Iraq history is grand...proud and unrivaled...

God please,
You're calling this "diplomacy" :D phuck :lol:
They are just buying from Russia what US isn't willing to sell them. If they wanted to make friends they'd buy Al-khalids and JF-17 from you :) They just want some toys to wank over and show other arabs how their thingy is bigger then theirs :D

Yours are no better. For a NATO member, Turkey has the importance of an...orderly. Your F16 are useless against the Israelis. Even the F16 you assemble home, you had to beg the one that murdered you citizen and pissed on your ambassador for electronic components that the US refused to give you. Iraq, has to make do with what they are given. The most important thing that Iraqis will leave with is an air combat training, combined with what they have learned from the Russians, they will have a dual combat culture that will benefit them greatly against a foe.
US just wanted Iraq to have some deterrent against a certain rogue state starting with the letter I-That's coming right out of arse. United State established and facilitated a Shia government in Irak, if their objective is to dress Iraq as a rempart against the scar Iran, they would not allow Maliki to be president.

We are talking about Iraq and the Irakis...It took them less than 6 hrs to take Kuweit, and they would have done away with rest of the GCC in two days , if it was their goal...We all witnessed the giant Turkish ogre against the PKK with their AK47... A dismal exhibition of inaptitude. You should go back to serving tea as you did in the Korean war.!

Because you have two legs one in Europe, the other one in Asia...Your tail and behind still in the middle east...You are just like the crow who tried to learn to walk like partridge. Not only he couldn't imitate her, he lost his own gate too...Have you asked yourself why the door the EU is still closed to Turkey? Because you are a spineless 3rd world country!

They saw yours and they...choose a way that will eventually serve their interest better...When Gengis Khan destroyed Baghdad's library the Tigres and the Euphrates water were inked colored for over time... Iraq history is grand...proud and unrivaled...

God please,
You're calling this "diplomacy" :D phuck :lol:
They are just buying from Russia what US isn't willing to sell them. If they wanted to make friends they'd buy Al-khalids and JF-17 from you :) They just want some toys to wank over and show other arabs how their thingy is bigger then theirs :D

Small correction chengiz khan never destroyed Baghdad it was Hulaku Khan, and is their anyone more spineless then Arabs who are the masters of betrayal and backstabbing, you only have to look at history.

BTW, LegionnairE, Why do you seem so angry? Wasn't there a peace treaty signed between Turkey and the PKK just about a week ago.
No, nothing's signed. I didn't even approve these negotiations.
Ignorant, Israelis have their F16s equipped with their own subsystems. So are we. The only difference is that they've received the source codes earlier and developed more gadgets for their plane.

As for B737 AEW&C parts, we didn't make any contact with the Israeli company Elbit. Boeing(the main contractor) has chosen Elbit for a certain component and in the end Boeing made them deliver the parts. Wee just applied pressure on Boeing. Come back later so I can school your azz once more.

United State established and facilitated a Shia government in Irak, if their objective is to dress Iraq as a rempart against the scar Iran, they would not allow Maliki to be president.
I don't care whatever their plans are. It'll take a couple of decades before Iraqi pilots can be trained to the level of Iranians.

Conquered the smallest state in the region :D well done,
What happened later?
Thousands of Iraqi Soldiers Surrender | Fox News
CNN.com: Thousands of Iraqis surrender
Thousands Of Iraqis Surrender - Sun Sentinel

PKK may still exist but we have one of the highest terrorist body counts of the world killing hundreds of them in each operation. In battle of Kunuri a single Turkish brigade held off against an entire Chinese division.
Battle of Wawon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Invasion of Kuwait was seperate from the first gulf war.
This happened months later

But let me guess, Turkey could fight the USA, UK, France along with 30 other countries right ?

Ignorant, Israelis have their F16s equipped with their own subsystems. So are we. The only difference is that they've received the source codes earlier and developed more gadgets for their plane.

As for B737 AEW&C parts, we didn't make any contact with the Israeli company Elbit. Boeing(the main contractor) has chosen Elbit for a certain component and in the end Boeing made them deliver the parts. Wee just applied pressure on Boeing. Come back later so I can school your azz once more.

I don't care whatever their plans are. It'll take a couple of decades before Iraqi pilots can be trained to the level of Iranians.

Conquered the smallest state in the region :D well done,
What happened later?
Thousands of Iraqi Soldiers Surrender | Fox News
CNN.com: Thousands of Iraqis surrender
Thousands Of Iraqis Surrender - Sun Sentinel

PKK may still exist but we have one of the highest terrorist body counts of the world killing hundreds of them in each operation. In battle of Kunuri a single Turkish brigade held off against an entire Chinese division.
Battle of Wawon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tamam abi, you give that sand jigga a proper lesson, ignorance in Arabs is plenty like the sand in their country.

News sites report different numbers of MI 28

from 32 to 40.

Did you live in 1919 ?
Want to tell me that the Turkish armed forces could take up against the US today ?
Not considering financial and all that bullshit, your air force has no chance against theirs.
Your navy has no chance against theirs.
Your army has no chance against theirs.

Stop bringing me more bs like "No CFTS".

nevermind man, it takes you 2 hours to think about a simple response.

Who exactly are you?
Kurdish leader Abdullah Ocalan declares ceasefire with Turkey | World news | The Guardian

Kuwait was taken over in less than a day. What happened later isn't whats on CNN. When the Iraqi forces went near the saudi border, they crossed it without knowing because they didn't have GPS systems. All the saudi forces retreated to prevent any confrontation with the Iraqi forces. then after 30+ countries with the latest military hardware gathered to attack Iraq. Iraq retreated from saudi arabia and later on agreed to retreat from kuwait. The truth is the allied forces used their full force while the Iraqi forces were retreating, they were carpet bombing the retreating convoys. No country in the world could have stood against such an attack.
Besides, the Iraqi forces had low morals to start with as they just finished a bloody 8 year war with Iran, they didn't want to enter another war.

Nonetheless, during the 2003 invasion, about 40,000 American troops were either killed or injured from a peak force of about 165,000. An average of 22 US military servicemen were committing suicide per day after they withdrew.

In the city of Basrah in southern Iraq, the British forces were defeated. Life became a hell for them inside the city. Insurgent groups used to attack the British convoys in broad daylight and loot their weapons. The brits eventually got so fed, they decided to sign a treaty with the insurgents in Basrah which dictated the insurgents allow the British forces from the city to the airport without being targeting the British convoys, in exchange for release of prisoners. (This was not broadcaster on the news)

Same things were happening other cities as well. All this and while only about 1% of the population were actually fighting. Most people were hoping for a political solution (which was successful). so one could imagine if it was 5% or 10% percent of the population decided to fight...

I dont really care about the PKK, you could kill as much of them as you want. They keep attempting to bomb the Kirkuk Ceyhan oil pipeline anyway.

Tamam abi, you give that sand jigga a proper lesson, ignorance in Arabs is plenty like the sand in their country.

I wouldn't be throwing stones if I were you, you should worry about the social problems in your own country first?

Perhaps learn to differentiated between gulf/ Mesopotamian/ Levant/ and North African Arabs as well.

Did you live in 1919 ?
No I'm living in 21st century in which Turkey is a NATO member.
Who exactly is he? the only reason why he's still alive is that Turkish politics think that he can be used. He's a tool of erdo, nothing more. Summer is coming, we'll see if the tool will work.
Nonetheless, during the 2003 invasion, about 40,000 American troops were either killed or injured from a peak force of about 165,000. An average of 22 US military servicemen were committing suicide per day after they withdrew.
Most of the US casualties occurred after the Iraqi army has been defeated/surrendered. Rest is just the reality of asymmetrical warfare. Even the strongest military force in the world gives casualties to the element of surprise

Back
Top Bottom