What's new

Iraq seals $4.2 deal with Russia, makes initial payment

^ Let's hope Kurdistan becomes independant soon, But without the Nineveh plains or Kirkuk, they can take their three little provinces and declare a state.

لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله
It's so sad how Iraq and it's people changed.

لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله
It's so sad how Iraq and it's people changed.

Many kurds are like a dog which bites the hand that feeds him, or like a person who spits in the plate he eats from.

They have been living off the suffering of Iraq for the passed 10 years. They took advantage of all the problems to take as much as they can. They take the oil money which comes from the south and at the same time conspire against Iraq. They looted most of the operational old Iraqi army equipment and have expanded their territory remarkably with the help of US troops during the invasion.

They do not consider themselves Iraqis. The kurdish land does not give anything to the rest of Iraq. They have always been a burden since the establishment of Iraq, costing Iraq massive resources.

114747_mainimg.jpg

Many kurds are like a dog which bites the hand that feeds him, or like a person who spits in the plate he eats from.

They have been living off the suffering of Iraq for the passed 10 years. They took advantage of all the problems to take as much as they can. They take the oil money which comes from the south and at the same time conspire against Iraq. They looted most of the operational old Iraqi army equipment and have expanded their territory remarkably with the help of US troops during the invasion.

They do not consider themselves Iraqis. The kurdish land does not give anything to the rest of Iraq. They have always been a burden since the establishment of Iraq, costing Iraq massive resources.

114747_mainimg.jpg

"Divide and rule", that's what they have been doing while you Arabs were busy slaughtering each-others, and you still. The catastrophic thing is that you reached a point of desperation to accept dividing your own country!

Kurds can't get their independence, and I wouldn't exaggerate if I say it's against nature itself because no neighboring country would allow it. If Iraqi Arabs united , they can bring Iraq back on it's feet in few years, afterthen those can be taught a good lesson if insisted to keep their provocations. You guys need to agree on electing a secular and strong Iraqi leader rather than the current joke.

"Divide and rule", that's what they have been doing while you Arabs were busy slaughtering each-others, and you still. The catastrophic thing is that you reached a point of desperation to accept dividing your own country!

Kurds can't get their independence, and I wouldn't exaggerate if I say it's against nature itself because no neighboring country would allow it. If Iraqi Arabs united , they can bring Iraq back on it's feet in few years, afterthen those can be taught a good lesson if insisted to keep their provocations. You guys need to agree on electing a secular and strong Iraqi leader rather than the current joke.

As long as a shia in power, the Arab states wont be happy and will keep pushing for instability in Iraq. Even if a shia prime minister turns Iraq into paradise, He will still be hated for being shia, this is a reality we have accepted to live with . There are about 16 "opposition" ministers from sunni, shia, kurdish, and secular blocs, all of them have proved themselves worthless. The opposition works against development, passing important laws in order to present the government as a "failed" one.

What Iraq needs is a functional MAJORITY government and not a a government that based on sectarian and ethnic quotas. Basically sunnis, shia and kurds parties have to agree on every law before it can be passed and any disagreement between one of the parties means the law will not be passed. This idea was proposed and put into use by the US during the invasion. This sort of rule does nothing more than stop progress. The ice finally broke last month when the parlaiment voted on the budget after the kurds refused to vote on it for months because it did not allocated money for the oil companies working in kurdistan , hence making Iraq loose $25 million a day.

If a majority government approach is used, laws will be passed much easier, and pave way for REAL progress. This is how democracy works.

The kurds are a waste of resources as I already said. They despise Iraq. I as an Iraqi from the south do not like oil money pumping out of my province and go to another area which works against my country.

No fighters are on order from Russia. The MKI has upgraded radars, aviation, improve engine,...

The MKI is an air superior fighter with sophisticated weaponry and systems. It is not a priority for Iraq at the current stage. Iraq should work on air-defence and multi-role fighters, as well as attack helicopters to counter terrorists and militant threats.
You just said it we need air defence and absolutly a fighter like the Su-30 MKI to give us that edge not a fighter that has no claw all it can do dog fighting, air-difence system bro is not only sam system or guns those are part of a system that include fighters.

Honestly I wish we get rid of them today since they're not loyal to the country and they're picky trying to get alot for free and all of that because of the arab sunny.

You just said it we need air defence and absolutly a fighter like the Su-30 MKI to give us that edge not a fighter that has no claw all it can do dog fighting, air-difence system bro is not only sam system or guns those are part of a system that include fighters.
The priority now is to develop the land forces. The f-16's and air defence systems should be a good temporary solution, (permanent solution if the S-300 is included in the deal). International pressure will most likely delay any MKI sales to Iraq.

Iraq cannot afford to equip the Air force, Land forces and navy all at the same time.

The investment in oil and energy infrastructure in the next five years is over $170 billion, this would hopefully result in the increase of revenues to about $200 billion by that time, which would allow Iraq to have a larger defence budget.

The kurds are a waste of resources as I already said. They despise Iraq. I as an Iraqi from the south do not like oil money pumping out of my province and go to another area which works against my country.

Maliki thinks that Shia sect will get strong enough to teach Kurds a lesson. That is why Iraq is not yet dissolved.

Navy? Are you serious? What do you want to buy for Iraqi navy that is worth to talk about?

Iraq does need decent Anti ship and anti submarine warfare missiles as well as decent Radars and sonobuoy / mine dropping helicopters. Iraq has only 60km coastline, but with most of the oil being exported from their, it needs to be protected
Theres also the Planned grand Fao Port which is in the initial stages of construction.

Here's Iraqs current navy. http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/225755-iraqi-navy-recieved-2-new-vessels.html

There's also quite a few other ships being refurbished, or locally made. 6 al uboor class 30M ships are being built locally, equipped with imported weapons/ systems, Here is the Agnadeen oil which will be returned to service after refurbishment.

115709643_0ecb57c9ac_o.jpg

Shams, this one is being refurbished in Iraq.
shams+picket+vessel.jpg

Maliki thinks that Shia sect will get strong enough to teach Kurds a lesson. That is why Iraq is not yet dissolved.

Umm, Ok...? Lol don't know exactly what you wanted with that comment, but I'll just ignore it. It seems you have a disease called "shiaphobia", you need to see a doctor.

anti submarine warfare

I don't want to troll but once again, seriously?
whose submarines do you want to sink? Iranian subs? US subs? no one else has subs around here!

I don't want to troll but once again, seriously?
whose submarines do you want to sink? Iranian subs? US subs? no one else has subs around here!

Anti submarine weapons is something for the future.

Iraq is arming itself with weapons chosen by priority.
First the infantry and anti terrorism forces ( most are mechanized infantry now )
Then a few batches of Tanks and IFV ( 140 M1A1 and 420 BTR 4, 6 more m1a1 ordered from the US stockpiles for testing before acquiring large batches ).
Now Air defence, Attack helicopters and Fighter jets, UAV scaneagle probably for the navy and army.

AWACS, Aerial refueling and anti ship missiles are not really priorities but they are needed aswell in the future.. talking about 2020 or somewhere near.

The priority now is to develop the land forces. The f-16's and air defence systems should be a good temporary solution, (permanent solution if the S-300 is included in the deal). International pressure will most likely delay any MKI sales to Iraq.

Iraq cannot afford to equip the Air force, Land forces and navy all at the same time.

The investment in oil and energy infrastructure in the next five years is over $170 billion, this would hopefully result in the increase of revenues to about $200 billion by that time, which would allow Iraq to have a larger defence budget.
Nice, but the talk was about the plane itself is that bit more than we can digest. anyway what you said does make a sense.

Iraq does need decent Anti ship and anti submarine warfare missiles as well as decent Radars and sonobuoy / mine dropping helicopters. Iraq has only 60km coastline, but with most of the oil being exported from their, it needs to be protected
Theres also the Planned grand Fao Port which is in the initial stages of construction.

Here's Iraqs current navy. http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/225755-iraqi-navy-recieved-2-new-vessels.html

There's also quite a few other ships being refurbished, or locally made. 6 al uboor class 30M ships are being built locally, equipped with imported weapons/ systems, Here is the Agnadeen oil which will be returned to service after refurbishment.

115709643_0ecb57c9ac_o.jpg

Shams, this one is being refurbished in Iraq.
shams+picket+vessel.jpg

Umm, Ok...? Lol don't know exactly what you wanted with that comment, but I'll just ignore it. It seems you have a disease called "shiaphobia", you need to see a doctor.
Shams, that was realy a great deal of news we can refurbish a big ship like that then we have some capabilities for tomorrow to build one that big.

Back
Top Bottom