What's new

An interview with Indian activist regarding Syria and the Middle East

in other words, India supports peace and stability, India knows that Iraq under Saddam was stable? isn't that right? same with Libya and Egypt... India supports peace in Syria and it supports free and fair elections that the government have been calling for over a year, and the so called "opposition " always say refuse, because they know they will lose...
I dont call it peace, more like enforced stability. We like status quo mostly and because we were on opposite side in cold war, it will be difficult to jump into western side. India is very reluctant to leave her friends, no matter how unpleasant they are.
Also, our foreign policy changes very slowly, even with change in ruling party, they follow same policy.

The only thing new I guess is Israel, after fall of soviet, we did not have a reliable partner who can provide us weapons, and israelis have been reliable till now.

if anyone is interested to know more about Syria, and Syria's government peace plan, please take a look at this...
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/234220-syria-questions-can-not-answered.html

@Syrian Lion

What UN ? What Security Council ?

Bosnia, Iraq's use of Chemical weapons on its people and Iranians, Genocides in Africa etc.. I never trusted UN when it comes to these violent conflicts.

You are right that kids are supposed to be in schooling not in shooting. We already have our problems for two decades and if we take out these extremists, Human Rights cry foul.

We have our own problem of so called "Freedom Fight" ?

They are fighting for this freedom of the same people, they kill indiscriminately.

I agree war crimes happen in conflict region, from both sides, sometimes it because of uncontrolled terrorists/ soldiers and sometimes only way left. Extra judicial killings comes in when the enemy don't understand what Human Rights are.

Those who send children to fight, kill women and children, they don't deserve leniency.

you are right, there is no such thing as UN, the UN actually created more wars and chaos instead of peace...

I dont call it peace, more like enforced stability. We like status quo mostly and because we were on opposite side in cold war, it will be difficult to jump into western side. India is very reluctant to leave her friends, no matter how unpleasant they are.
Also, our foreign policy changes very slowly, even with change in ruling party, they follow same policy.

The only thing new I guess is Israel, after fall of soviet, we did not have a reliable partner who can provide us weapons, and israelis have been reliable till now.
I think your foreign policy changed slowly because India is neutral in most cases? Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:
in other words, India supports peace and stability, India knows that Iraq under Saddam was stable? isn't that right? same with Libya and Egypt... India supports peace in Syria and it supports free and fair elections that the government have been calling for over a year, and the so called "opposition " always say refuse, because they know they will lose...

Yes and also note that change brought forcibly will never bear sweet fruits, the results are always bitter. Why change something when it is working with perfection or imperfection ??

Yes and also note that change brought forcibly will never bear sweet fruits, the results are always bitter. Why change something when it is working with perfection or imperfection ??
No one is against change, but change in force will not result in any good results... when it comes to Syria, the only way to decide is by elections, which what the Syrian government has been calling for over a year now, let the ballot boxes decide...

No one is against change, but change in force will not result in any good results... when it comes to Syria, the only way to decide is by elections, which what the Syrian government has been calling for over a year now, let the ballot boxes decide...

Thats what i was saying dude, India doesn't support all these change of regimes because change through force will never bring sweet results. Change should come from the people of the land, they are the ones who should decide their fate not outsiders.

Sadly, India itself is a puppet of Israel.

But yeah, many Indians out there tend to make some very good sense.

We Indian take neutral stand on Israel Palestine issue. And more over do you know how long we are frnd of Palestine?? Indo-Israel relation starts in Bajpai rule , before that India was pro Palestine.
Indians are neutral at this issue, as our stand will not make any change.

@Syria: I don't know what this gentelman say, I don't know how good or bad was Asad, But as an Indian I know one thing... The so called rebels are not good. West must stop there support and try to have calm in Syria.

If I would be Indian PM, I would have openly supported current govt of Syria. Uprooting Asad will help noone..

You know what did there country did??? "Black September" . We don't need preach from Killer of Syrian and Palestaninan.. And you will be surprised to know that, the Murder was done by Defender of Islam in Pakistan (The father of all animals , Gen Zia ul haq)

3,400–20,000 Palestinians killed
600+ Syrians killed[1]

Back
Top Bottom