What's new

Iraq seals $4.2 deal with Russia, makes initial payment

Yours are no better. For a NATO member, Turkey has the importance of an...orderly. Your F16 are useless against the Israelis. Even the F16 you assemble home, you had to beg the one that murdered you citizen and pissed on your ambassador for electronic components that the US refused to give you. Iraq, has to make do with what they are given. The most important thing that Iraqis will leave with is an air combat training, combined with what they have learned from the Russians, they will have a dual combat culture that will benefit them greatly against a foe.
US just wanted Iraq to have some deterrent against a certain rogue state starting with the letter I-That's coming right out of arse. United State established and facilitated a Shia government in Irak, if their objective is to dress Iraq as a rempart against the scar Iran, they would not allow Maliki to be president.

We are talking about Iraq and the Irakis...It took them less than 6 hrs to take Kuweit, and they would have done away with rest of the GCC in two days , if it was their goal...We all witnessed the giant Turkish ogre against the PKK with their AK47... A dismal exhibition of inaptitude. You should go back to serving tea as you did in the Korean war.!

Because you have two legs one in Europe, the other one in Asia...Your tail and behind still in the middle east...You are just like the crow who tried to learn to walk like partridge. Not only he couldn't imitate her, he lost his own gate too...Have you asked yourself why the door the EU is still closed to Turkey? Because you are a spineless 3rd world country!

They saw yours and they...choose a way that will eventually serve their interest better...When Gengis Khan destroyed Baghdad's library the Tigres and the Euphrates water were inked colored for over time... Iraq history is grand...proud and unrivaled...

God please,
You're calling this "diplomacy" :D phuck :lol:
They are just buying from Russia what US isn't willing to sell them. If they wanted to make friends they'd buy Al-khalids and JF-17 from you :) They just want some toys to wank over and show other arabs how their thingy is bigger then theirs :D
For a former slave of the french,you have a big mouth desert berber,why the personal attack on Turkey?
Are you still mad about the past?
You should get over the fact that our military will allways be superior to that of Iraq,Syria and Iran.
There is nothing you can do but cry on internet,even if we didnt have superior weapons we are NATO so not even 1/1000000th of a chance.
We surved tea in the Korean War?What did you serve to the french,your women?
Btw Algerian,you should try to be nice to your familly after all your greatgreatgreatgrand father........you know!

For a former slave of the french,you have a big mouth desert berber,why the personal attack on Turkey?
Are you still mad about the past?
You should get over the fact that our military will allways be superior to that of Iraq,Syria and Iran.
There is nothing you can do but cry on internet,even if we didnt have superior weapons we are NATO so not even 1/1000000th of a chance.
We surved tea in the Korean War?What did you serve to the french,your women?
Btw Algerian,you should try to be nice to your familly after all your greatgreatgreatgrand father........you know!

Tell me, how are you measuring that your military will always be more superior than to Iran's? When was the last time you tested your military against Iran? You seem to forget the amount of time the persian defeated your ottomons. So many times just under shah abbas alone.

You're the one who likes to talk big on internet. We Iranians do not like to initiate any wars. But if you want to try you luck then feel free to test your superior army. Your army is so superior that you guys could not even defeat the PKK after all these years whilst the Pjak surrendered to Iran years ago.

Tell me, how are you measuring that your military will always be more superior than to Iran's? When was the last time you tested your military against Iran? You seem to forget the amount of time the persian defeated your ottomons. So many times just under shah abbas alone.
You're the one who likes to talk big on internet. We Iranians do not like to initiate any wars. But if you want to try you luck then feel free to test your superior army. Your army is so superior that you guys could not even defeat the PKK after all these years whilst the Pjak surrendered to Iran years ago.

Turkey's superiority over Iran is the common sense that accepted by the rest of world not by Mullahs..

But if you ask Mullahs that Iran have superiority not only over Turkey they even have superiority over USA..
Where do you read history books?...After Ottomans had defeated Saffawis they captured and siezed capital city Tabriz...am i wrong?

Even PJAK was a small brunch of PKK that its majority of militants consist of women and young girls iran didnt eliminate PJAK even in plain land of west iran..They did cease fire on agreement between PKK and iran in return of giving PKK some Kurdish towns in Syria.

Turkey has heavily blow PKK in the most montainous area of the middle east and reached an 1/10 superiority of casualty ratio over PKK in 2012...that is why PKK now is eager to disarming process..

if they were IRGs of Iran who fighting againist PKK geurillas in such hard maintaninous and bushes ground then we would see what will happen...

and one more thing. PJAK had not completly liquidated himself...So they may decide to re-organize himself again in any time.

First,im not ottoman im a Turk.
We were never in war with Iran so dont fly so high.
Secondly,do you see anywhere in my post that we want war with Iran?
About PKK,you try to defeat an enemy that gets all info it needs from the government and military sources(thanks to AKP)
As i told before,dont be offended just stating facts.
Turkish armed forces have better equipment then those of Iran you know that as wel as evryone does.
But if you think you have better equipment,then please show it.

No I'm living in 21st century in which Turkey is a NATO member.

Who exactly is he? the only reason why he's still alive is that Turkish politics think that he can be used. He's a tool of erdo, nothing more. Summer is coming, we'll see if the tool will work.

Most of the US casualties occurred after the Iraqi army has been defeated/surrendered. Rest is just the reality of asymmetrical warfare. Even the strongest military force in the world gives casualties to the element of surprise

The reasons why the Iraqis army didn't fight we're already discussed in another thread, i see no point in discussing the Issue again. What happened after the invasion is a really long story, perhaps do your own research about it. But the losses of the US forces were hundreds of billions of dollars. Even with all their might and cash, they were stuck in cash-drain loophole which they couldn't leave without getting the Iraqis to do the Job, There came a time where the only duty for the US forces was to stay alive, this isn't a victory or a walk in the park.

The Turkish Army is strong, but to say every other country is a "walk in the park" is ridiculous. Trying to compare Turkey to Iraq right now is more like a joke. The Turkish Army has been developing for over 70 years, while Iraq started from scratch ten years ago

Anyways back to the topic,

Confirmed now 40 MI 28N instead of 30

Russian Aviaton » Tuesday April 2, 2013 16:57 MSK
The government of Iraq has approved the large contract on delivery of Russian military equipment and weapons to the amount of $4,2 billion, Lenta.ru reports. The preliminary agreement signed in October 2012 will be extended: 40 Mi-28NE helicopters will be delivered to Iraq instead of 36 ones. At that the contract’s value will remain the same.

Russia will deliver 40 Mi-28N helicopter to Iraq - News - Russian Aviation - RUAVIATION.COM

The reasons why the Iraqis army didn't fight we're already discussed in another thread, i see no point in discussing the Issue again. What happened after the invasion is a really long story, perhaps do your own research about it. But the losses of the US forces were hundreds of billions of dollars. Even with all their might and cash, they were stuck in cash-drain loophole which they couldn't leave without getting the Iraqis to do the Job, There came a time where the only duty for the US forces was to stay alive, this isn't a victory or a walk in the park.
What evry country?

The Turkish Army is strong, but to say every other country is a "walk in the park" is ridiculous. Trying to compare Turkey to Iraq right now is more like a joke. The Turkish Army has been developing for over 70 years, while Iraq started from scratch ten years ago

Anyways back to the topic,
Turkish armed forces is stronger then Syria,Iran and Irak deny that.

News sites report different numbers of MI 28

from 32 to 40.

Did you live in 1919 ?
Want to tell me that the Turkish armed forces could take up against the US today ?
Not considering financial and all that bullshit, your air force has no chance against theirs.
Your navy has no chance against theirs.
Your army has no chance against theirs.

Stop bringing me more bs like "No CFTS".

Dude, What do you know about Turkish Navy or Army that You underline the strenght of Turkey as "no chance against OTHERS" sentence ? In 1920's, Turkish army was established by mostly civilians who doesn't have sufficient meals to feed their stomaches but a great heart, patriotism and courages with their obsolete guns to change the flow of history against imperial powers such as French, England, Italy, ANZAC's and their slaves and They drawn their own history. Thanks to their big efforts under the great commander M. Kemal Ataturk, We, Turks are ruling one of the most strategic land in middile East and Europe at present. What about today? The sons of those courageous people, are not only equipping own army with most strategic and deadly defence toys, but also developing impressive technologies/strategies to make enemies' future miserable.

Guys, this topic is about Iraq buying arms not previous wars, at least it took from USA to make a coalition of 33 countries and 13 years to be able to invade it, while yours would bow before the war even starts.

Dude, What do you know about Turkish Navy or Army that You underline the strenght of Turkey as "no chance against OTHERS" sentence ? In 1920's, Turkish army was established by mostly civilians who doesn't have sufficient meals to feed their stomaches but a great heart, patriotism and courages with their obsolete guns to change the flow of history against imperial powers such as French, England, Italy, ANZAC's and their slaves and They drawn their own history. Thanks to their big efforts under the great commander M. Kemal Ataturk, We, Turks are ruling one of the most strategic land in middile East and Europe at present. What about today? The sons of those courageous people, are not only equipping own army with most strategic and deadly defence toys, but also developing impressive technologies/strategies to make enemies' future miserable.

1920, If I am right about this the imperial powers attacked Turkey immediately after Turkey decided to ignore the serves of the imperial powers.
They attacked with the reinforcements they had in the ME.

Iraq 1991 they actually took a half year of time to get a million troops together.
Now if the US and more countries would take the same amount of time to reinforce troops near Turkey I do not see how Turkey could win such a war.
The core of your air force is around 250 F16s, a big force though how do you think this could stand up against the USAF ?

Besides, this is again the same situation as last time in the iraqi military thread, that guy came here insulting Iraq, insulting all of us.

Turkish armed forces is stronger then Syria,Iran and Irak deny that.

Umm, when did I deny that?

The only time Iraq was ever stronger than the Turkish army in the past few hundred years was between 1988-1991. but to compare army which started from scratch just ten years ago to the Turkish army which has been operating and developing for over 70-80 years is ridiculous. Turkeys population is more than double Iraqs population, Turkey has been stable for much longer and with a much more developed economy.

Comparing Syria to Turkey does not make much sense neither considering the population, size, equipment, economy and political stability.

Iran on the other hand is different. Although Turkey has more superior weapons, Iran isn't as weak as you imagine. They have an unlimited supply of soldiers, their army is MUCH less costly to operate and they depend on infantry more than anything else. They can protect their country from any aggression. Any army that plans to invade Iran will be defeated through massive loss in life and resources.

Anyways it's not like Iraq and Turket are going to war against each other. Iraq is soonnto become Turkeys largest economic partner. Perhaps we can make a proper comparison between the Iraqi and Turkish army in 10-15 years from now.

Some more details
-50 pantsir s-1 systems
-40 MI-28NE helicopters
There is a big chance of the S-300 to be included in the deal. The panstir systems are most likely to protect the S-300 against ARM missiles.

The reasons for choosing the MI-28NE
-cost less than other helicopters, fast delivery, great performance (comparable to the Apache)
- Training maintenance crews and pilots will be much easier and faster since it is similar to the MI-17 which Iraq already operates. This means conversion training Would take less than one year, compared to 3 years if Iraq were to aquire the apache.
- Russia has been much more willing to sell more sophisticated weapons as it seeks new export markets. The loss of Allies (Libya) because of downgraded weapons has tempted Russia to sell more modern weapons rather than the downgraded junk it was selling to its allies on the past 40 years.

Umm, when did I deny that?

The only time Iraq was ever stronger than the Turkish army in the past few hundred years was between 1988-1991. but to compare army which started from scratch just ten years ago to the Turkish army which has been operating and developing for over 70-80 years is ridiculous. Turkeys population is more than double Iraqs population, Turkey has been stable for much longer and with a much more developed economy.

Comparing Syria to Turkey does not make much sense neither considering the population, size, equipment, economy and political stability.

Iran on the other hand is different. Although Turkey has more superior weapons, Iran isn't as weak as you imagine. They have an unlimited supply of soldiers, their army is MUCH less costly to operate and they depend on infantry more than anything else. They can protect their country from any aggression. Any army that plans to invade Iran will be defeated through massive loss in life and resources.

Anyways it's not like Iraq and Turket are going to war against each other. Iraq is soonnto become Turkeys largest economic partner. Perhaps we can make a proper comparison between the Iraqi and Turkish army in 10-15 years from now.
If you had read my posts before,you would know that it was an answer to someone claiming something else.
Read post 64 then 76

1920, If I am right about this the imperial powers attacked Turkey immediately after Turkey decided to ignore the serves of the imperial powers.
They attacked with the reinforcements they had in the ME.

Iraq 1991 they actually took a half year of time to get a million troops together.
Now if the US and more countries would take the same amount of time to reinforce troops near Turkey I do not see how Turkey could win such a war.
The core of your air force is around 250 F16s, a big force though how do you think this could stand up against the USAF ?

Besides, this is again the same situation as last time in the iraqi military thread, that guy came here insulting Iraq, insulting all of us.

Dude, Neither I mentioned USA-Irak war to insult Iraki army, nor I made a comparions between USA and Turkey. Irak army was big in times when kicked Iran and Kuwait but When It comes to fight against USAF (Not Land armies), Neither the size of your balls, nor the technologies acquired all around the World can save your life. USAF is a different story to talk. The best thing A country should do againts USAF is to find a way to solve the problems with peacefull ways or destruction. There isn't any other solution because Their AirForces are leading not only technology but also the World. In current days when The rivalry coutries of USA which is classifed as advanced, neither have funds, nor technologies to develop an equivalent 4+ stealth fighter, USA industry is on track to develop 6th generation state of art fighters/bombers. For F-35 JSF 5 generation fighter program which Turkey is also a partner, USAF is planning to order around 2500 pieces of aircraft. No country can compete with them...

The real story commenced with the your sentences of "no chance against OTHERS". Turkish AirForce is also classified as one of the most advanced Forces in ME, Europe and NATO regarding both quantity and generation of aircrafts. All obsolete variants are upgraded with latest cutting edge systems and All have a common interface to use similar munitions including Turkey's developed missiles.

240 F-16 Block 50+/CCIP
50 F-4 Terminator
18 F-4 Isik
16 F-4 Simsek
-100(+16) F35A and F-35C along with Turkey's home-made TF-X air superiority fighters will play a key role after 2020.

Back
Top Bottom