What's new

Iraq seals $4.2 deal with Russia, makes initial payment

For several reasons

- Less dependence on the US arms / spare parts / ammo
- Provide a balance between 2 "superpowers" Russia and the US
- Pressure the US to sell advanced missiles/weapons to Iraq
- It could be that they have gone to Russia because the US does not want to sell us the AIM 120 BVR.

F16 deal is still on btw.

Shakreen jidan.

The balancing act diplomacy is something Iraq will learn very quickly. And I'm proud to see that despite some ongoing terrorism (domestic and proxy) -- Iraq is moving towards the right path and Inshallah it will be a regional super-power.

Shakreen jidan.

The balancing act diplomacy is something Iraq will learn very quickly. And I'm proud to see that despite some ongoing terrorism (domestic and proxy) -- Iraq is moving towards the right path and Inshallah it will be a regional super-power.

Thanks,
May Pakistan and Iraq both be free from terrorism as soon as possible.

I dont understand it mate..You are going for F-16s( Block 52+)..Why would you need Mig 29 or Sukhoi? It doesnt make any sense...Instead of Sukhoi you should acquire F-15s if you ask me..That would make Iraqi Air Force one of the strongest Air Force in ME
US didn't sell Iraq Block 52s, F16IQ is a downgraded version. US just wanted Iraq to have some deterrent against a certain rogue state starting with the letter I- and going on with letters R, A and N :D Iraq elected a pro-farsi shia government and now I don't even phucking know why they are arming for, what's certain is that Iraq will be a walk in the park for any player in the region even if they deplete all their resources on military equipment. So I think they should fix their miserable 3rd world country first.
But hey, if they had the intellectual capacity to form that little idea they wouldn't be a miserable 3rd world country in the first place :lol:
Shakreen jidan.

God please,
You're calling this "diplomacy" :D phuck :lol:
They are just buying from Russia what US isn't willing to sell them. If they wanted to make friends they'd buy Al-khalids and JF-17 from you :) They just want some toys to wank over and show other arabs how their thingy is bigger then theirs :D

Thirst for power is a tradition of Arabs.

US didn't sell Iraq Block 52s, F16IQ is a downgraded versions.

The plane itself is not downgraded, it is fitted with the latest systems, aswell the sniper POD.

The air-air weapons however are not of the newest version, that is why they call the F16 IQ downgraded while it actually isn’t, it only misses AIM 120 and AIM9X which is made to work with the JHCMS helmet which is included in the order.

No idea why suddenly Turks have problems with us ?
Your insulting us with some weak arguments not even knowing what your talking about.
Please stay out of our threads, go display your hate somewhere else.

The plane itself is not downgraded, it is fitted with the latest systems, aswell the sniper POD.

The air-air weapons however are not of the newest version, that is why they call the F16 IQ downgraded while it actually isn’t, it only misses AIM 120 and AIM9X which is made to work with the JHCMS helmet which is included in the order.
No CFT, downgraded civilian navigation systems that are open to electronic attacks and previous version APX-113 IFF systems. You take me for a fool? :) of course the F16IQ is downgraded

No idea why suddenly Turks have problems with us ?
Your insulting us with some weak arguments not even knowing what your talking about.
Please stay out of our threads, go display your hate somewhere else.
I take it you haven't been following your prime minister's statements, no worries :)
Your little country is turning a blind eye on PKK activities. You let them use Kandil mountains as their base of operations and you're asking me why I have a problem? :)

Your third world azz may not have noticed but internet is an open place where individuals are free to voice their opinions. I have the liberty to say anything I want, have a problem? report me :)

No CFT, downgraded civilian navigation systems that are open to electronic attacks and previous version APX-113 IFF systems. You take me for a fool? :) of course the F16IQ is downgraded

I take it you haven't been following your prime minister's statements, no worries :)
Your little country is turning a blind eye on PKK activities. You let them use Kandil mountains as their base of operations and you're asking me why I have a problem? :)

Your third world azz may not have noticed but internet is an open place where individuals are free to voice their opinions. I have the liberty to say anything I want, have a problem? report me :)

What is your source ?

The order list includes CFT’s, so that already is your 1st fail.

I see your mad that maliki has invited the PYD leader, so now that Iraq’s PM did something like that you feel the need to insult 30 million people, thats real logic!
Kandil mountains eh, Baghdad does not run the KRG controlled region, its actually Turkey that is friends with KRG, Barzani is the one you should be raging at not Maliki:flame:

What made you come in such a position to write such a retarded post with so many political mistakes ?

Here the official request document which the US agreed with.

http://www.dsca.osd.mil/PressReleases/36-b/2010/iraq_10-23.pdf

If IRan and Iraq r friends now.the what is the military challenge for Iraq to retain the expensive military with gadgets

The order list includes CFT’s, so that already is your 1st fail.
I don't fail, CFTs weren't available initially I just found out. Rest of my assessment is still true. F16IQ IS downgraded.
I see your mad that maliki has invited the PYD leader, so now that Iraq’s PM did something like that you feel the need to insult 30 million people, thats real logic!
Kandil mountains eh, Baghdad does not run the KRG controlled region, its actually Turkey that is friends with KRG, Barzani is the one you should be raging at not Maliki:flame:
Add that the fvck knows how many letters of protests that was sent by the Iraqi government over our bombing PKK positions. KRG controlled or not, Iraqi federal government is responsible for it.

Insulting would make the impression that I give a phuck, no I didn't insult anybody I was merely stating facts.

I don't fail, CFTs weren't available initially I just found out. Rest of my assessment is still true. F16IQ IS downgraded.

Add that the fvck knows how many letters of protests that was sent by the Iraqi government over our bombing PKK positions. KRG controlled or not, Iraqi federal government is responsible for it.

Insulting would make the impression that I give a phuck, no I didn't insult anybody I was merely stating facts.

whatever dude, if its up to me you can keep bombarding PKK for 2 more decades.
I have always been against them.

If IRan and Iraq r friends now.the what is the military challenge for Iraq to retain the expensive military with gadgets

a Rouge state that start with T and follow with u and r and ... and end with y . that every once in a while attack Iraqi land with land and air force .

It's just talk, I think we should wait for something official before we get too excited.

There was news of MIG29M/M2 and SU30-MK2. But I really hope they don't go for the MIG29. There are much better options, the f-16's that are on order already have similar or superior capabilies.

SU-35's one the other hand .....

:cry:
Su-35-Wallpapers8.jpg

su-35.jpg

IMO,Iraq should go for Su-35, it's believed that Su-35 is the best 4++ jet in the world, and it's better than F-15,at least on paper.

I don't know what's wrong with GCC, UAE was going for SU-37 and financed part of the project to upgrade it, after US refused to sell F-16I with long range A2G missiles, but they ot back to F-16I. :hitwall:

I agree but Iraq has already built enough infantry, and special forces to counter terrorism, things might change in 10 years so why is it wrong for Iraq to start looking for tanks, artillery and fighter planes now for then ?

The problem is not that Iraq is facing a real enemy, its that our neighbours are not taking the country serious and making use of its weakness because our armed forces are so weak, even Kuwait is doing it.
:lol:
Just get rid of your MP clown and elect a nationalist strong leader and see how Iraq would shine, lighting up the sky. F-16 with no BVR capability? Are they nuts or what?

Back
Top Bottom