What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Corners/edges should be filtered first to make features. Then you register the features. Features have to be robust in space and time.

In the end, details will be lost occasionally. Definitely not a perfect technique.

One company in US has made 3D satellite images in US and started from Tehran images! They are trying to sell it to the federal government.
Yeah, but even corner detection is not an easy task. Have you tried Harris corner detection, for example? It's far from perfect. And even when you have the corners, the issue of matching them remains problematic. Imagine you have two chessboard patterns. It will be easy to find the corners, but how will you know which corner matches which?

Of course, problems like matching chessboard patterns are easy, but it gives you an idea of the issues arising in problems like that.

Yup. But they are doing that with more than one satellite. If you refer to the question I asked from Mohammad45 and Peed, you will see that I was thinking about the same, but for missile guidance.

Yeah, but even corner detection is not an easy task. Have you tried Harris corner detection, for example? It's far from perfect. And even when you have the corners, the issue of matching them remains problematic. Imagine you have two chessboard patterns. It will be easy to find the corners, but how will you know which corner matches which?

Of course, problems like matching chessboard patterns are easy, but it gives you an idea of the issues arising in problems like that.

Yup. But they are doing that with more than one satellite. If you refer to the question I asked from Mohammad45 and Peed, you will see that I was thinking about the same, but for missile guidance.

True, it will not be perfect. Harris technique is really old but improvements were not perfect either.

With respect to your question:
Unless you have multiple LEO satellites, your will lose time resolution but you still have some limited missile guidance based on limited images.

Last edited:
True, it will not be perfect. Harris technique is really old but improvement were not perfect either.

With respect to your question:
Unless you have multiple LEO satellite, your will lose time resolution but you still have some limited missile guidance based on limited images.
But how? Don't you need to determine the 3D position of the missile to update its path and guide it onto the target?
I mean I know we can always use radar stations for things like this, but I'm asking about the applications of Noor-1 alone.

But how? Don't you need to determine the 3D position of the missile to update its path and guide it onto the target?
I mean I know we can always use radar stations for things like this, but I'm asking about the applications of Noor-1 alone.

Are you talking about optical guidance of the missile or radar guidance? Nour is thought to have only optical sensors and data emitters.

Nour is at 400+ km and our missile is at 100 km with a diameter of about 2m. Nour camera cannot resolve our missiles optically and Nour does not emit radar pulses as far as we know.

Nour images can do active target observation with limited time resolution.

Are you talking about optical guidance of the missile or radar guidance? Nour is thought to have only optical sensors and data emitters.
Well, if it has only optical camera, then it's not that much useful for that purpose.
I thought it might be able to emit radar rays too.

What do you think about what Mithridates said? Do you think those heat maps are in fact infrared images?

Rumors about a Shahab-4 and Shahab-5 have existed since early 2000’s. Project likely existed in some preliminary research form, but never made it to mass production.

Iran pivoted away from liquid fuel and to the more advanced solid fuel with the Fateh and Sejil family.

Thus Shahab family has long been discontinued and future Iranian IRBM and ICBM will likely use solid fuel engines being tested at Sharoud Missile facility.
ICBM and IRBM uses nuclear warhead. Does Iran have nuclear weapons. Why don't the Ayatollah declare it if it's true?

Well, if it has only optical camera, then it's not that much useful for that purpose.
I thought it might be able to emit radar rays too.

What do you think about what Mithridates said? Do you think those heat maps are in fact infrared images?

Yes. I think it is IR data.
Color mapping is also used for motion data but its pattern is not like motion data at all.

Last edited:
Iran is creating a new and unique missile launch concept. It is much more survivable than its previous concept while more cost effective than its super-hardened cavern silo launch system already unveiled (the highest performance launch concept of Iran and known to mankind).
Innovative and effective approach but I won't be the first one to reveal it in open source.

@PeeD

regarding the new missile we saw launched from underground "containers" yesterday.
I quoted your post I have found you posted one year ago, you mentioned some "new missile launch concept"
Is it related? Is it this you mentioned one year ago?

@PeeD

regarding the new missile we saw launched from underground "containers" yesterday.
I quoted your post I have found you posted one year ago, you mentioned some "new missile launch concept"
Is it related? Is it this you mentioned one year ago?

No, that basing concept has not been revealed this time. Its for Irans long range missiles, primary the liquids.

No, that basing concept has not been revealed this time. Its for Irans long range missiles, primary the liquids.

You don't have to confirm or deny this since I would imagine such a firing method that I'm about to mention is still classified and Iran isn't all too keen on wanting others to know about it as of now.

Can it be said, or inferred, that Iran employs a method of firing its FATEH type quasi-bms or smaller precision guided missiles from civilian looking trucks with shipping containers on the back that house the missile itself?

I know we've seen AshCMs being launched from trucks but it would seem so appropriate for Iran to employ a firing method using a regular old truck that looks like any other one for cargo hulls or deliveries.

Have #Iran's anti-radar ballistic missiles become hypersonic?

During the "Great Prophet-14" military exercise, a new Iranian-made anti-radar missile was tested. The test firing consisted of targeting a model of the AN / TPY-2 radar of the THAAD anti-missile system.

The hypersonic missile struck its target with a speed greater than Mach 5, so its interception was impossible by DCA systems and anti-missile shields.

In this recent exercise, the tested missile would be a hypersonic missile given its speed which reached the Mach 5 threshold.
Press TV

Have #Iran's anti-radar ballistic missiles become hypersonic?

During the "Great Prophet-14" military exercise, a new Iranian-made anti-radar missile was tested. The test firing consisted of targeting a model of the AN / TPY-2 radar of the THAAD anti-missile system.

The hypersonic missile struck its target with a speed greater than Mach 5, so its interception was impossible by DCA systems and anti-missile shields.

In this recent exercise, the tested missile would be a hypersonic missile given its speed which reached the Mach 5 threshold.
Press TV
I think most BMs have hypersonic terminal speed though they are not called by that name.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom