What's new

India Nears Order for Mk 2 Version of Arjun Tank

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
Limited technical trials with some major and minor improvements on Main Battle Tank (MBT) Arjun Mark-I, as part of MBT Arjun Mark-II, have been carried out by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in the deserts of Rajasthan.

Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has cleared the proposal for placement of indent for 124 Nos. of MBT Arjun Mark-II on Heavy Vehicles Factory (HVF), Avadi, Chennai. Placement of indent by the Army on Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is being further processed.

The likely estimated cost of each MBT Arjun Mark-II with ail major/minor improvements will be approximately Rs.37 crore.

The first batch of MBT Arjun Mark-II is likely to be productionised by 2015.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Naveen Jindal in Lok Sabha today.

India Nears Order for Mk 2 Version of Arjun Tank : Defense news

that's a good news but as per trail record lots of time they will take

wait a sec. The MK2 version won't have all the features which were originally planned to be a part of it ? why does the article say that minor improvements ?

^^^
It looks just the same....There has been no change in turret but yeah it is planned. The next set of features which will go in arjun mk2 and which will enter into trial next year will have new look so right now there's nothing to see.

^^^
It looks just the same....There has been no change in turret but yeah it is planned. The next set of features which will go in arjun mk2 and which will enter into trial next year will have new look so right now there's nothing to see.

an in built water purification system made by drdo was also proposed.i don't know whether it made into it or not.
it would have permitted the crew to live on their own urine.

an in built water purification system made by drdo was also proposed.i don't know whether it made into it or not.
it would have permitted the crew to live on their own urine.

What better purification system do you think can better urine in its true form, its a life saving drink for any person, it contains vital nutrients, vitamins, hormones, enzymes and critical antibodies that cannot be duplicated or derived from any other source.

What better purification system do you think can better urine in its true form, its a life saving drink for any person, it contains vital nutrients, vitamins, hormones, enzymes and critical antibodies that cannot be duplicated or derived from any other source.

drink urine was the worst case scenario.

the main idea was that the tank crew of the forward attack team can purify whatever water they can obtain within their tanks and drink it.

Let me guess, u are not good in Biology. Listen its an advice, never try this, you can even die because of poisoning. You can utilize your urine for drinking by distillation which hikers or adventurist do when they don't have water but nobody drinks urine man because its known fact in that community.

@ dakoit sakhya
I never heard of this but its a nice idea. A to tal of 90 upgrades will be carried on and so its possible it would be one of them.

Let me guess, u are not good in Biology. Listen its an advice, never try this, you can even die because of poisoning. You can utilize your urine for drinking by distillation which hikers or adventurist do when they don't have water but nobody drinks urine man because its known fact in that community.

Anything which comes out of the body cannot be termed toxic. I have no problem in saying that, my Ayurveda treatments prescribe me to do so and I am happy and healthy up till today.

Anything which comes out of the body cannot be termed toxic. I have no problem in saying that, my Ayurveda treatments prescribe me to do so and I am happy and healthy up till today.

Numerous survival instructors and guides, including the US Army Field Manual, advise against drinking urine for survival. These guides explain that drinking urine tends to worsen, rather than relieve dehydration due to the salts in it, and that urine should not be consumed in a survival situation, even when there is no other fluid available. In hot weather survival situations, where water is also hard to find, soaking cloth in urine (a shirt for example) and putting it on one's head can help cool the body.

Urine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in addition to the water content, urine contains trace elements of hundreds of other things —from undigested alcohol to nitrogen and potassium, and sodium, which makes it such a salty drink.

Numerous survival instructors and guides, including the US Army Field Manual, advise against drinking urine for survival. These guides explain that drinking urine tends to worsen, rather than relieve dehydration due to the salts in it, and that urine should not be consumed in a survival situation, even when there is no other fluid available. In hot weather survival situations, where water is also hard to find, soaking cloth in urine (a shirt for example) and putting it on one's head can help cool the body.

Urine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are various other research Institutes in India and abroad who have been pro towards it, Its not in the Military Manual of Indian armed forces aswell, but in the Jungle warfare training , one certainly reaches a point where he is made to drink it. There are various therapies conducted with this both in India and Abroad. Its that very instinct of survival which is a tool forcing to use it.

Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has cleared the proposal for placement of indent for 124 Nos. of MBT Arjun Mark-II on Heavy Vehicles Factory (HVF), Avadi, Chennai. Placement of indent by the Army on Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is being further processed.

Is it true????, 124+124 existing + New 124 Mk2 is cleared?? or am I reading it wrong, can someone clarify?

You are telling me that you have been drinking your urine without any modification and nothing happened to you ? I hope you are not talking about cow's urine (gaumutra) because its a different thing.

I agree with you that not everything that comes out of body is harmful but according to books and in practical life also people says it is poisonous to drink your urine.

Is it true????, 124+124 existing + New 124 Mk2 is cleared?? or am I reading it wrong, can someone clarify?
124 mk1 + 124 mk2

You are telling me that you have been drinking your urine without any modification and nothing happened to you ? I hope you are not talking about cow's urine (gaumutra) because its a different thing.

I agree with you that not everything that comes out of body is harmful but according to books and in practical life also people says it is poisonous to drink your urine.

Urine is nothing but byproduct of blood filtration and Not excess water that is released by the body,how can urine contain toxic waste when it is filtered by liver and pushed as solid waste from an obvious hole. 95% of this liquid is water and the rest is a mixture of nutrients, urea, minerals, enzymes, antibodies and hormones. I do agree that many disbelieve it, I go with my tradition and I blindly believe in it as I experience the happiness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom