What's new

India & Bangladesh are ideologically very similar nations: Chittagong commissioner

Lmao.... I am making Bangladesh look bad? How? By telling the truth?

Listen. I am telling from my experience and also numerous other people who consider Sylhetis different from Bengalis because they indeed are.

Sylheti language is hard to get for a common Bengali. He won't understand easily what Sylhetis speak in native Sylheti language.

Just 1 month ago my maternal uncle came from Sweden. He says Sylhetis are different even in Sweden. He also stayed in UK but based on his experience in Sweden he said Sylhetis always live in separate community and don't mix with other Bangladeshis for some reasons. That's why my uncle also stayed away from Sylheti community.

They are different and you can not make them same.

Believe me. Sylhetis are different from Bengalis. They are converted Bengali who speaks a different language with own script called Sylheti script. It's like Rohingyas having similarities with Bengalis. Same is true about Sylhetis.

We are proud Bengalis and they are proud Sylhetis. Saying Sylhetis don't have anything common with Assamese is utter lie.

My uncle just 1 month ago came from Sweden. There Bangladeshis live in mainly two communities. One is general Bangladeshi community and other is Sylheti community. Sylhetis don't mix with Bengalis abroad because they think they are superior Muslims then Bengalis. They have their own culture.

Why would Sylhetis abroad keep distance from Bengalis from Bangladesh. Its because they think they are different and they indeed are.

East Bengal did not include Sylhet. It was different region. Due to extremism in Sylheti community abroad Sylhetis face problems these days.
I am aware of the fact that Sylhetis have a different script, the Bengali script is almost similar to ours and I understand little Bengali when it is spoken slow. But the Sylhetis speak too fast for my liking, nevertheless they all speak Assamese in my state.

I have been to a place called Silchar in Assam, lots of Sylhetis there, but in our Brahmaputra valley there are only a few.

I’m not a supporter of Jamat e Islami however I support the BNP led alliance.
There is very little difference now between BNP and Jamat. BNP no longer remained the same BNP of Ziaur Rahman that was secular in nature ( secular=believing in freedom of religion). From 1991 to 1996 BNP was not bad. However from 2001 BNP became the B team of Jamat Islam, and that is a bitter reality that BNP supporters always overlooked.

And the results is no common folks is coming to street to boost their movement. Now don't tell me that it's because of the oppression of AL.

Ershad also oppressed peoples, yet the common folks once threw Ershad our from power. So now the reality is peoples want food first rather than serving your purpose. I am extremely happy that Bangladeshi younger generation do not belong to any odd ideology , but they can raise their voice against odd.
The same people came to street to abolish the quota system and for safe Street against the same AL govt , but not a single person came to street to aid BNP against AL govt.
Just open your eyes, everything shall be clear. But if you still blindly push things, then it's your choice , I have nothing to say.
@Al-zakir

Last edited:
@Atlas you should be happy the way country moving forward under great Hasina. I don’t understand what’s your beef with @Riyad because both of you believe in brotherly relation with India.
It is actually you, who are very similar to Riyad guy. Only difference between you two are the countries you promote at the expense of Bangladesh. You promote Pakistan and demean Bangladesh, he promote India and demean Bangladesh. You two are the two sides of the same coin. You wish Bangladesh becoming East Pakistan again, he wish Bangladesh to join India. Both of you are treacherous.

Last edited:
I am aware of the fact that Sylhetis have a different script, the Bengali script is almost similar to ours and I understand little Bengali when it is spoken slow. But the Sylhetis speak too fast for my liking, nevertheless they all speak Assamese in my state.

I have been to a place called Silchar in Assam, lots of Sylhetis there, but in our Brahmaputra valley there are only a few.

Sylheti language is similar to Assamese than Bengali. So Sylhetis are more in common with Assamese. They are actually an Assamese community in Bangladesh.

Wikipedia:

There are significant differences in grammar and pronunciation as well as a lack of mutual intelligibility between the two varieties (Bengali and Sylheti). There are greater differences between Sylheti and Bengali than between Sylheti and Assamese, which is recognised as a separate language.[5] Most Sylhetis are at least bilingual to some degree, as Bengali is taught at all levels of education in Bangladesh. Sylhet was part of the ancient kingdom of Kamarupa,[6] and Sylheti shares many common features with Assamese, including having a larger set of fricatives than other Eastern Indo-Aryan languages. According to George Abraham Grierson,[7] "The inflections also differ from those of regular Bengali, and in one or two instances assimilate to those of Assamese"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylheti_language

Sylheti language is similar to Assamese than Bengali. So Sylhetis are more in common with Assamese. They are an Assamese community in Bangladesh.
Hmm, really interesting. What about their food habits, and culture? Lots of the sylheti words have a partial resemblance with Assamese, as do some Bengali words. For example, the Assamese word for cloud is 'dawor' not megh or badol as in Sylheti or Bengali.

It is actually you, who are very similar to Riyad guy. Only difference between you two are the countries you promote at the expense of Bangladesh. You promote Pakistan and demean Bangladesh, he promote India and demean Bangladesh. You two are the two sides of the same coin. You wish Bangladesh becoming East Pakistan again, he wish Bangladesh to join India. Both of you are treacherous.

Actually, I do not disagree with you.

There is very little difference now between BNP and Jamat. BNP no longer remained the same BNP of Ziaur Rahman that was secular in nature ( secular=believing in freedom of religion). From 1991 to 1996 BNP was not bad. However from 2001 BNP became the B team of Jamat Islam, and that is a bitter reality that BNP supporters always overlooked.

And the results is no common folks is coming to street to boost their movement. Now don't tell me that it's because of the oppression of AL.

Ershad also oppressed peoples, yet the common folks once threw Ershad our from power. So now the reality is peoples want food first rather than serving your purpose. I am extremely happy that Bangladeshi younger generation do not belong to any odd ideology , but they can raise their voice against odd.
The same people came to street to abolish the quota system and for safe Street against the same AL govt , but not a single person came to street to aid BNP against AL govt.
Just open your eyes, everything shall be clear. But if you still blindly push things, then it's your choice , I have nothing to say.
@Al-zakir

I’ll believe you if BAL win under CTG, otherwise you are as fake as Awami league.

otherwise you are as fake as Awami league.
Does that really matter ? It's your choice, you are at a liberty to believe whatever you wish, , I have no objection ,but the reality does not change. Because

I’ll believe you if BAL win under CTG
AL already won 2 times under caretaker govt. 12 June 1996 and 2008 election. The last one was a land slide victory.

Last edited:

Flow of language is similar to flow of river. It create branches and take tributaries.In ancient times, Both Bengali and Assamese language had similar roots. Original Ahom, who came from South East Asia spoke a different language, but after setting up a dynasty in Brahmaputra valley, they assimilated with the local language, religion and culture and formed a distinct Assamese identity by assimilating with the local indigenous population. Before that, there was no separate Assamese or Bengali ethnicity. You can call it branching off.

Sylhet is an intermediate region between this two, share commonality with both Bengali and Assamese language. This is only natural,considering that both Bengali and Assamese language has same roots, share a lot of lexicon and branching happen in not so distant past. But unlike Bengali and Assamese, no such branching off happened between Bengali and Sylheti dialect. Mostly because, unlike Brahmaputra valley, which for the most part of history was under different rules, and developed different ethnic and cultural identity, Sylhet was not.

Since at least 13th century, Sylhet was always part of Bengal, during Sultanate era, Mughal Era and early British period. So, no distinct national identity formed in Sylhet. They always considers them as Bengali, a part of wider Bengali community. Just because Sylheti dialect has commonality with Assamese do not make them Assamese. I am sure, there are districts in West Bengal bordering Bihar and Odisha whose local dialect has similarity with Hindi and Oriya language due to proximity, but that does not make the people in those west Bengal districts as Bihari and Odiya. Same with Sylhet. But the 5th column here is promoting such theory here for who knows for what reason? is he dreaming of absorbing Sylhet into Assam by propagating such bullshit? A prelude of absorbing whole Bangladesh into India in his Akhand Bharat dream?

Last edited:
Flow of language is similar to flow of river. It create branches and take tributaries.In ancient times, Both Bengali and Assamese language had similar roots. Original Ahom, who came from South East Asia spoke a different language, but after setting up a dynasty in Brahmaputra valley, they assimilated with the local language, religion and culture and formed a distinct Assamese identity by assimilating with the local indigenous population. Before that, there was no separate Assamese or Bengali ethnicity. You can call it branching off.

Sylhet is an intermediate region between this two, share commonality with both Bengali and Assamese language. This is only natural,considering that both Bengali and Assamese language has same roots, share a lot of lexicon and branching happen in not so distant past. But unlike Bengali and Assamese, no such branching off happened between Bengali and Sylheti dialect. Mostly because, unlike Brahmaputra valley, which for the most part of history was under different rules, and developed different ethnic and cultural identity, Sylhet was not.

Since at least 13th century, Sylhet was always part of Bengal, during Sultanate era, Mughal Era and early British period. So, no distinct national identity formed in Sylhet. They always considers them as Bengali, a part of wider Bengali community. Just because Sylheti dialect has commonality with Assamese do not make them Assamese. I am sure, there are districts in West Bengal bordering Bihar and Odisha whose local dialect has similarity with Hindi and Oriya language due to proximity, but that does not make the people in those west Bengal districts as Bihari and Odiya. Same with Sylhet. But the 5th column here is promoting such theory here for who knows for what reason? is he dreaming of absorbing Sylhet into Assam by propagating such bullshit? A prelude of absorbing whole Bangladesh into India in his Akhand Bharat dream?
You know a lot about my people, Ahoms. My regards. Just one addition though, through various circumstances the Ahoms of the time were never actually colonised by any external agencies until the Burmese invasion and subsequent British colonization.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom