What's new

India & Bangladesh are ideologically very similar nations: Chittagong commissioner

I am curious why some Bangladeshi remain silent on the lynchings and cow gangs doing beatings in India. I am not even talking about Kashmir here but the steady increase in attacks and thrashings by Saffron types in India. Could you please use you influence in your brotherly India to clamp down on these?

These sellouts are not in any position to influence their masters. Their only job is to brag about the greatness of Hindu masters.

This forum has Pro-Pakistan Bangladeshis, mostly Sylheti Britishers who give false information about Bangladesh in order to please you people hence the forum is banned in Bangladesh. You should know that India and Bangladesh are very similar ideologically and almost everything in Bangladesh is directly and indirectly influenced by India. We are very similar brotherly nations.
You have spoken truth which few of your countrymen agree with. Why is it that Sylhetis in your country and abroad are mostly pro Pakistani and anti India thats is what i could gather from my experiences. Is it because they are half-assamese and looking for some sort of validation from their fellow Bengalis?

I am curious why some Bangladeshi remain silent on the lynchings and cow gangs doing beatings in India. I am not even talking about Kashmir here but the steady increase in attacks and thrashings by Saffron types in India. Could you please use you influence in your brotherly India to clamp down on these?

We hate any communal riots. We had very bad experience with our own communal riots in history and time to time by BNP-Jamaat men who beat Hindu Bangladeshis and vandalised their properties. The opposite happens in India by BJP and RSS goons. They vandalised innocent Muslim houses and beat them. We protest both.

Communal parties like Jamaat and BJP are harmful for any nation.

You have spoken truth which few of your countrymen agree with. Why is it that Sylhetis in your country and abroad are mostly pro Pakistani and anti India thats is what i could gather from my experiences. Is it because they are half-assamese and looking for some sort of validation from their fellow Bengalis?

In Bangladesh Sylhetis are considered a bit different from other Bangladeshis. They were mainly Assamese people learned to speak broken Bengali which they call Sylheti language. The language is more similar to Assamese language than standard Bengali language.

These people go to Britain for livelihood and try to live in Sylheti community for comfort. They generally never mix with other Bangladeshis abroad. They prefer Pakistani companions than their own Bangladeshi countrymen from other districts because their ideology is similar to Pakistani ideology for the most part. ISIS has many Sylheti background terrorists who malign our country image. We are peace loving Muslims. Only due to some Sylhetis abroad we get criticised for becoming radical which is not true. Bangladesh is peace loving Muslim majority nation.

We hate any communal riots. We had very bad experience with our own communal riots in history and time to time by BNP-Jamaat men who beat Hindu Bangladeshis and vandalised their properties. The opposite happens in India by BJP and RSS goons. They vandalised innocent Muslim houses and beat them. We protest both.

Communal parties like Jamaat and BJP are harmful for any nation.

In Bangladesh Sylhetis are considered a bit different from other Bangladeshis. They were mainly Assamese people learned to speak broken Bengali which they call Sylheti language. The language is more similar to Assamese language than standard Bengali language.

These people go to Britain for livelihood and try to live in Sylheti community for comfort. They generally never mix with other Bangladeshis abroad. They prefer Pakistani companions than their own Bangladeshi countrymen from other districts because their ideology is similar to Pakistani ideology for the most part. ISIS has many Sylheti background terrorists who malign our country image. We are peace loving Muslims. Only due to some Sylhetis abroad we get criticised for becoming radical which is not true. Bangladesh is peace loving Muslim majority nation.
I fully agree with yours views of the Sylhetis. Many friends i have are Muslim and Hindu Sylhetis from India and some are settled in the States and Europe. All of them say the same things you are telling. They also say that overall Sylhetis are being given a bad name worldwide because of this. This may sound crude, but these are the facts i know. No hard feelings please.

wah wah wah mohabton ka darya beh raha hai yahan mahan eagle baba @The Eagle aur mashallah apny jawano ny bhi yahan thunder attacks bht but on what ? its not our duty to judge other islam am i right @Dubious ? PDF fast becoming quora first we facing only indian troll now some BD also join check this riyaad guy and who is feeding him axomiya_lora ??now look at his name iss ka tu naam hi bht for get banned seriously ""l**a""' ???

what the fu ck ? umm wasn't it big international news just few months ago that Indian government just made 4 million people stateless in Assam to specifically target whet they are calling illegal bangladeshis ?
carry on though.........:pop:

These sellouts are not in any position to influence their masters. Their only job is to brag about the greatness of Hindu masters.

India is Bangladesh's natural ally. We are brotherly nations. Not master / slave but brothers.

@Atlas you should be happy the way country moving forward under great Hasina. I don’t understand what’s your beef with @Riyad because both of you believe in brotherly relation with India.

@Atlas you should be happy the way country moving forward under great Hasina.

indeed I am happy sir , no reason to be unhappy .
I don’t understand what’s your beef with @Riyad
The real beef is , he does not like beef , but I love it . under the rule of sheikh Hasina beef price is very high , and I have objection against it .
both of you believe in brotherly relation with India.
When did I say that I believe in a brotherly relationship with India? However surely they are ( specially a nominal Muslim group , who are basically Munafiq) brotherly with India who opposed the creation of a Muslim nation in 1947, when Jinnah , Sher e Bangla , sohrawardi , Mujib all were tryng for an independent Muslim Nation! And later shaded crocodile tear for it! And now also shading crocodile tear for the same democracy under a woman leadership once they declared both as Haram? Oh sorry it's halal now by Nikah halala? Come on I am convinced ! @Al-zakir

Last edited:
Do not believe anything coming out from this resident fifth column. This Riyad guy is either a treacherous Bangladeshi Hindu or outright Indian from West Bengal. He is here to make look Bangladesh bad.

Sylhetis are not related to Assamese in anyway. They were always part of Bengal and it's people Bengali since the ancient times, while Assamese or Ahom came from South East Asia. It was only brief period(1874-1947AD) during British rules when Sylhet was cut off from Bengal and joined with Assam to boost it's revenue. Both Sylhetis and Assamese were against it. Sylhetis agitated to rejoin Bengal during the British period, Assamese also wanted to shed Sylhet to form an ethnically homogeneous province. Sylhet is noway anything different then other districts of Bangladesh. All the districts in Bangladesh have their own local Bengali dialect. Sylheti dialect is just one of them. Actually Sylheti dialect is closer to standard Bengali language than Chittagong or Noakhali dialect. This treacherous 5th column is intentionally saying nasty things about Sylhetis, he is intentionally inventing artificial divide when there is none.

Last edited:
indeed I am happy sir , no reason to be unhappy .

The real beef is , he does not like beef , but I love it . under the rule of sheikh Hasina beef price is very high , and I have objection against it .

I am brotherly relation with India ? or they are brotherly with India who opposed the creation of a Muslim nation in 1947? Or You mistakenly thought that I belong to the your Munafiq political who opposed the creation of Independent Muslim nation in 1947 ( because of Indian bretherns) and later shaded crocodile tear for Pakistan .

And later after creation of Bangladesh they pretend to become more patriotic Bangladeshi ? Who gave fatwa against female leadership and democracy as haram and later shade crocodile tears for democracy and for the female leader only to come to power democratically ( haram way indeed) , but when BNP needed them they hide in to rat hole . Sorry to say I am not one of the munafiqs who tell lie whenever they speak. ;)
@Al-zakir

I’m not a supporter of Jamat e Islami however I support the BNP led alliance.

Both Sylhetis and Assamese were against it
You are right, we didn't want Sylhet to be a part of our state. In my professional career i have had the acquaintances of many Sylheti friends in Assam, they are meritorious and hard working. But all of them share the same view that a few rotten apples are giving them a very bad name in the West. Thank you friend, for the elaborate and detailed explanation.

Do not believe anything coming out from this resident fifth column. This Riyad guy is either a treacherous Bangladeshi Hindu or outright Indian from West Bengal. He is here to make look Bangladesh bad.

Sylhetis are not related to Assamese in anyway. They were always part of Bengal and it's people Bengali since the ancient times, while Assamese or Ahom came from South East Asia. It was only brief period(1874-1947AD) during British rules when Sylhet was cut off from Bengal and joined with Assam to boost it's revenue. Both Sylhetis and Assamese were against it. Sylhetis agitated to rejoin Bengal during the British period, Assamese also wanted to shed Sylhet to form an ethnically homogeneous province. Sylhet is noway anything different then other districts of Bangladesh. All the districts in Bangladesh have their own local Bengali dialect. Sylheti dialect is just one of them. Actually Sylheti dialect is closer to standard Bengali language than Chittagong or Noakhali dialect. This treacherous 5th column is intentionally saying nasty things about Sylhetis, he is intentionally inventing artificial divide when there is none.

Lmao.... I am making Bangladesh look bad? How? By telling the truth?

Listen. I am telling from my experience and also numerous other people who consider Sylhetis different from Bengalis because they indeed are.

Sylheti language is hard to get for a common Bengali. He won't understand easily what Sylhetis speak in native Sylheti language.

Just 1 month ago my maternal uncle came from Sweden. He says Sylhetis are different even in Sweden. He also stayed in UK but based on his experience in Sweden he said Sylhetis always live in separate community and don't mix with other Bangladeshis for some reasons. That's why my uncle also stayed away from Sylheti community.

They are different and you can not make them same.

You are right, we didn't want Sylhet to be a part of our state. In my professional career i have had the acquaintances of many Sylheti friends in Assam, they are meritorious and hard working. But all of them share the same view that a few rotten apples are giving them a very bad name in the West. Thank you friend, for the elaborate and detailed explanation.

Believe me. Sylhetis are different from Bengalis. They are converted Bengali who speaks a different language with own script called Sylheti script. It's like Rohingyas having similarities with Bengalis. Same is true about Sylhetis.

We are proud Bengalis and they are proud Sylhetis. Saying Sylhetis don't have anything common with Assamese is utter lie.

My uncle just 1 month ago came from Sweden. There Bangladeshis live in mainly two communities. One is general Bangladeshi community and other is Sylheti community. Sylhetis don't mix with Bengalis / other Bangladeshis abroad because they think they are superior Muslims than Bengalis. They have their own culture.

Why would Sylhetis abroad keep distance from Bengalis from Bangladesh? Its because they think they are different and they indeed are.

East Bengal did not include Sylhet. It was different region. Due to extremism in Sylheti community abroad Sylhetis face problems these days.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom