What's new

Cracks seen in the flyover pillar

We pity the Italians in that case. I see you are already executing your plans really well. :rofl:
We pity the inferior Indian lifestyle, how the under construction buildings collapse there one after another. And, here bottomless basket Indians are criticizing a little hair crack. 3 people die here and 5 people die there. This is happening all over India.

So, have some shame before ridiculing others!!! Moreover, evil Indians should not be allowed to participate in the Bangladesh Defence Forum. But, don't forget to ask your govts to seek BD help in the case of disasters. After all, we are neighbors!!

1636457566960.png

Fire breaks out in high-rise residential building in Mumbai, 2 dead
ADVERTISEMENT

Two people died after a fire broke out on the fourteenth floor of a 15-storey residential building in suburban Kandivali (West) in Mumbai late on Saturday evening.

Last edited:
We pity the inferior Indian lifestyle, how under construction buildings collapse there one after another. And, here bottomless basket Indians are criticizing a little hair crack. 3 people die here and 5 people die there. This is happening all over India.

You really want me to start with this, huh? Your little swamp holds the record for world's deadliest structural failure (that is not an act of terror).

You know what I am talking about.

1636458338693.png

And literally every other day you have news of one of your crappy sweatshops going up in flames & child labourers being charred to their deaths.

How shameless are you to shamelessly cherry pick fires & building collapses in India, when your country fares much much worse? Or are you asking for humiliation?? I know how you get routinely mocked & humiliated by your compatriots here. :lol:

Masochism manifests in strange ways, it seems.

Last edited:
You forget Dhaka factory collapse. Happened just 8 years earlier. :rofl:
The collapse was due to taking two heavy generators on the rooftop. But, what is your building collapse? All break down when under construction.

You save cement to drink Daru and the building collapses. By the way, why don't you say something about the 1983 Bhopal gas accident? How many hundreds of people died there? Here you are talking haircracks in BD.

The collapse was due to taking two heavy generators on the rooftop.

Really? Please do watch that Brick Immortar video I posted first.

And that happened just 8 years prior, not 37 years ago as in case of Bhopal gas tragedies which occured because of much different reasons.

Are defects in construction in Bangladesh limited to hairline cracks? Do you want me to post more about building collapses, or you can call it quits now.

Nice propaganda effort, with soldiers in Salwar Kammeez & shaggy hair. :rofl: :rofl:

Ask you new sugar daddy coronoids to do better next time, Raqibool. :lol:

Chinese and Indian forces clashed in the region in May and June 2020, resulting in at least 20 Indian and 45 Chinese servicemen dead

Anyway, why are you even bothered about these things. You should be more concerned about getting your insignificant self dlyshed out to the sea when an Indian barrage upstream opens

And, with our people contributing, India has still failed to improve its construction methods. Indian laborers still carry a kg. of concrete on their heads and use ladders to go up and pour it in place.

You guys are living in the Vedic Era, no doubt!! By the way, send us a few pictures showing our BD people eating Chira/ Chura. On the contrary, your own mass media is telling 500,000 impoverished Indians are illegally working in BD.

Well said @bluesky bhai. By the way what we call Chira, the cow belters call Poha I think.

I am not exactly sure what your contribution is. I have seen many Bangladeshis in this forum posting about this "Max group", as if it's some world class construction company while criticizing Indian firms like L&T. Looks like they can't even build a flyover.

Also I am pretty sure that Indian construction sites are far more mechanized than Bangladeshi ones. Even smaller worksites these days use mini cranes & mobile tower cranes.

Does Bangladesh even have a manufacturer of transit mixers, pick and carry cranes and the like? I don't think so.

Don't make assumptions - pulling them out of your rear end. There is no reason (given our higher GDP per capita than yours) that our construction sites would be any less mechanized. Don't get offended when I say your practices all over India is to save money, that is how it always was and still is.

Bangladeshi architectural design and construction standards were always higher than Indian ones, and always will be, because we spare no expense in building something that will last at least a hundred years. Us criticizing our own stuff and one off accidents should not mean that they are worse than Indian standards.

Take a trip to Dhaka sometime and see luxury housing and how they are designed and built. I have seen both India and Bangladesh - and I remain unconvinced if India is ahead of us (or far ahead) as some Indians like you claim. We built this in the late fifties, our parliament house (Sangsad Bhaban in Dhaka).

4204398902_929c754262_z.jpg

Starting even three decades ago, high rises were routinely built using crane concrete pumps during concrete pours. The fact that Dhaka comprises mostly of mid-rises speaks more of soil conditions than anything else.

Manufacturing superior quality construction equipment is a function of demand/supply. If we can import the best of the best and making locally is more expensive, what would the choice be? We don't want to cut corners by buying local like you do in India and put up with second and third rate. Where construction equipment are made has little to do with technology (which has been there since the 1920's) but more with economies of scale, quality achieved and specialization.

China makes SANY construction equipment which is made there because steel and specialized labor to weld them there is available (also because the DEMAND to make them locally is there in a large country like China) - not because Chinese have any special "deshprem". They are hard-nosed practical people. Even India nowadays uses Chinese construction equipment in increasing numbers. Leave the specialization to people who do it best, and that goes for anywhere.

Last edited:
Don't make assumptions - pulling them out of your rear end. There is no reason (given our higher GDP per capita than yours) that our construction sites would be any less mechanized.

Don't give me the higher per capita non sense, which even your compatriots do not believe in. Do you want believe that the construction sector in a country- where the annual sales of trucks is as low as 8000 units- is mechanized?

There are almost zero manufacturers of very basic construction machinery like concrete mixers in Bangladesh.

The only thing I could find was some primitive "brick crushers"- yes I know you use crushed brick instead of stone aggregate in concrete. Very high construction standards there. :lol:

Please do show me the data for the demand of construction machinery in Bangladesh.

45,000 backhoe loaders were sold in India in 2018. So you must be having a demand of around 4000-5,000 BHLs- more than enough to establish a local assembly line.

Please do show me the data.

Edit: No need. I did find it myself.

In 2019, the market size for infrastructure equipment was about Tk 1,500 crore

As much as 60 per cent of the equipment available in Bangladesh is reconditioned and are either Japanese or German products

Indian construction equipment industry revenue is around $7 billion depending on how you count it.

Bangladeshi architectural design and construction standards were always higher than Indian ones

We all see that when those sweatshops collapse so easily. Wasn't that originally designed to be a shopping arcade or something ? Do you still use bricks to construct roads BTW??

Don't make assumptions - pulling them out of your rear end.

Take a trip to Dhaka sometime and see luxury housing and how they are designed and built.

Why should I? There are towns of 50,000 population here in my state where high rises are built using tower cranes. Nothing new for us.

Last edited:
Nice propaganda effort, with soldiers in Salwar Kammeez & shaggy hair. :rofl: :rofl:

Ask you new sugar daddy coronoids to do better next time, Raqibool. :lol:

Chinese and Indian forces clashed in the region in May and June 2020, resulting in at least 20 Indian and 45 Chinese servicemen dead

Anyway, why are you even bothered about these things. You should be more concerned about getting your insignificant self dlyshed out to the sea when an Indian barrage upstream opens

The collapse was due to taking two heavy generators on the rooftop. But, what is your building collapse? All break down when under construction.

You save cement to drink Daru and the building collapses. By the way, why don't you say something about the 1983 Bhopal gas accident? How many hundreds of people died there? Here you are talking haircracks in BD.

We don't have to go far - just look at Kolkata for starters...I'd say 70% or more of Kolkata buildings are at least 70 years old (or more) made of low grade choona/surkee and are unfit to be habitable. Death traps. Yet kanjoosi prompts these people not to demolish these buildings. Kolkata Municipal Corporation standing by silently, watching these people die by the hundreds.

2016 Kolkata Flyover collapse (under construction at the time)
iu

Bengal: Bardhaman Railway station building collapse
iu

Building in Ahiritola (Kolkata) collapses, two killed
debris-1.jpg

I could go on and on. Cheap cement, yes. Less than optimal design, yes. Above all, cutting corners with abandon, most definitely.

Back
Top Bottom