What's new

General Raheel to be commander in chief of 34 Muslim state alliance after Retirement?

salmanACCA

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Sources claims that Alliance of 34 islamic nations are trying to convince General Raheel Shariff to be the coalition Commander in Chief after retirement later this year.

01_25.gif

Jang Multimedia Karachi

The reporter is Geo news correpondent in US

@Horus @Irfan Baloch @Atanz @WAJsal @Icarus @MaarKhoor @Viper0011. @Zarvan

Last edited:
so these guy really are desperate.
i think he will decline the offer if it is ever made.

The news is probably a joke.....don't take it seriously, KSA already self appointed itself as the leader of the coalition. Above all who expect something in reality with this so called coalition just exists on papers.

He would seem to me to be both the best and most logical choice, given the stated mission of the Islamic Military Alliance. I'm hard pressed to think of any other high ranking general who has had more experience in fighting insurgency and terrorism than Gen. Sharif.

N5DE4.jpg

Last edited:
He must not accept as the Muslim nations not part of the alliance, like Iran etc are likely to view this seriously which will affect their relations with Pakistan.

Almost always serving generals are appointed as commanders. There can be exceptions though. If at all he agrees to any such role, it is more likely to be as advisor or a military think-tank member. Prestige aside, it will be a very tricky place to work in, make no mistake about it. Most of his troops do not speak his language and as I understand, General Raheel loves to spend time with troops down to the lowest level. He loves them and they love him back. This bond doesn't build overnight. He spent decades of his life in this environment to understand how the mind of a Jawan works. This would not be easy to achieve within coalition troops.

NO

this news item is not worth more than the toiletries that exist in a Pakistani roadside restaurant.
lets be real. the Arab leaders acknowledge the importance of our military but they don't hold our chief to such stature that they will "demand" him to take over the charge of this comical organisation. I mean what experience does he have outside Pakistan specially regarding Middle east and in commanding multiple armies? the GCC military commanders have in-house knowledge in this regard.

this is more like a wishful post and arse licking of our chief.. no reference, no names .. or platform mentioned how this "desire" was communicated and via what channel (official, government, state, military, public private)?

nothing given just this BS.

Almost always serving generals are appointed as commanders. There can be exceptions though. If at all he agrees to any such role, it is more likely to be as advisor or a military think-tank member. Prestige aside, it will be a very tricky place to work in, make no mistake about it. Most of his troops do not speak his language and as I understand, General Raheel loves to spend time with troops down to the lowest level. He loves them and they love him back. This bond doesn't build overnight. He spent decades of his life in this environment to understand how the mind of a Jawan works. This would not be easy to achieve within coalition troops.
agreed, more like a think tank. I mean... no disrespect to the chief but a Colonel in KSA or Jordanian army will have more practical and meaningful experience and means to running this command than someone from Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom