What's new

Raheel Sharif appointed chief of Islamic military alliance, confirms Khawaja Asif

Its not a dichotomy.

There are far more shades of grey here. And, putting motives and geopolitics aside, I question the authority, capability and political will this coalition brings to the table.

In Pakistan, we have an established intelligence network, unquestionable resolve, political will and even then Zarb-e-Azb extracted a pound of flesh. As of yet, Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Libya, Nigeria and Oman have suggested they will be involved in a military role in IMAFT. How many of these nations are truly on-board? How many body bags before their resolve and political will starts to waivers?

This isn't a walk in a park. It will extract a pound of flesh just like Zarb-e-Azb.

It matters not, who is on board and how far.
What matters is... we take the lead early and get the job done.
I being Muslim.. have to listen anti Islam remarks and propaganda. Indians around keep propagating that its Pakistan who is epi center of regional terrorism.
If it needs pound of flesh, than it should have been paid much before loosing limbs and arms.
I'm affraid, Pakistan is not doing enough and clearly we failed to see the gravity of situation.
Isis is conspiracy against us and it should be exposed and decimated by us not by US or USSR.

Bro iam in no way angry at you, trying to unveil sectarian bigotry which is consuming some **** day in and day out

I know you are not but , what makes me upset that how people just make you sound like a liar , i have Shia Friends i get along with them pretty nicely , but when they talk Anti Pakistan Shit it is something i never appreciate , but no way i will say they will represent the Entire Shia community .. just like every Sect Shia has their fair share of Bigots , same case with Sunni and Qadiyani , etc ..
but my concern was that those shia friends is seeing this decision on his as Pro Arab and Anti Iran ..which we know is not the case ..

What are your insecurities if he do gets involved?
Respect he has earned. Plus, PPP and PMLn and its allies already looking something to malign few good men left in the army.

Many Pakistani Shia's are very Angry and Upset about this Decision ...
Because we look Gen Raheel with highest respect and honor. We don't want to see our hero serving the source of extremism.

Why drag Pakistani shias into everything? What do you think are they? Some card board for target practice ?
He said non of the sort... you may challenge his observation but giving every thing sectarian twist is not helping.

@Starlord

He said non of the sort... you may challenge his observation but giving every thing sectarian twist is not helping.

@Starlord

I explained him my position , he is my brother so we can/May disagree with one another there is nothing wrong ..

and as Mods say no more Sectarian Posts on this Thread so lets just Drop it before we get banned :D @Mentee

Respect he has earned. Plus, PPP and PMLn and its allies already looking something to malign few good men left in the army.
We still see him with respect, he has done a lot for Pakistan... not only his stint as CoAS, but all of his life long service, was to keep us safe.
PPP for sure is on the job but it would be unfortunate, if NS fail to see snakes in his team.
While, Rahil Sharif need not to be bothered by few snakes.
Rahil Sharif has skills in combating terrorism, and if has decided to extend his services on regional level, than this would earn him more respect in eyes of majority.
We should stop questioning his wisdom, becuase its not doing any good to him either.

@Kaptaan Looks like you have to leave the forum since he's been appointed as Commander.
Yeh, looks like the sun is about to set on me. I might have gotten this one wrong terribly wrong. Although the news (I know the fanboys are cheering) is quite ambigous. You expect when a commander is appointed there will be clear public notice given by those who are placing the general in command - the Saudi's. but so far all we have is hush, hush talk and the defence minister who is given to saying silly things.

Nevertheless there is some smoke here and I can't deny that. However my wager was that Gen. Raheel will not be placed in command of a alliance force and most we can expect is he is made a background advisor. A consultant is not the same thing as being in command. The latter is a very clear and open public position. So let us wait and see what happens. If KSA openly declares that they have appointed him in command of a alliance force then I guess your not going to see me around. As of now I will reduce my footprint here and see what further news we get.

It matters not, who is on board and how far.
What matters is... we take the lead early and get the job done.
I being Muslim.. have to listen anti Islam remarks and propaganda. Indians around keep propagating that its Pakistan who is epi center of regional terrorism.
If it needs pound of flesh, than it should have been paid much before loosing limbs and arms.
I'm affraid, Pakistan is not doing enough and clearly we failed to see the gravity of situation.
Isis is conspiracy against us and it should be exposed and decimated by us not by US or USSR.

I'm with you when it comes to showing leadership. I applaud Raheel Sharif for showing leadership to join Islamic Military Alliance (IMA) in whatever capacity. At the same time, we all need to be more critical here instead of indulging in self-censorship.

Ergo, I do not question the logic of IMA — it is the need of the hour. I question the capabilities of IMA specifically in terms of access to quality intelligence. How many of the IMA nations with a military role have a robust intelligence gathering network? Only a few. Remember, Pakistan Armed Forces have full access to ISI so Zarb-e-Azb had incomparable support.

I also question IMA's authority to be perceived as acceptable on the ground. Above all, I question the political will. We can clearly see gaps in IMA and plugging these gaps will take time so political will is all the more important. How many of IMA nations will have a steely resolve in a prolonged conflict?

Last edited:
He will not believe... unless he get copy of the job contract of Raheel Sharif.
No. When a commander is appointed it's pretty open and public position and tends to get reported. so far has there been any Saudi media report? What exactly is he commanding and is he a commander or advisor? At the moment it's very unclear. I will stick to what I said if I get one image of him standing in command position in KSA.

And exactly what is he commanding? Units, corps, armies? What exactly. So far beyond the 'Islamic alliance' we have nothing tangible. Why is it so vague.

Ps. When are we going to see this? Notice Saudi flag flying next to US flag. Gen Schwarzkopf being a commander. Or are they going to hide our Gen. Raheel?

Last edited:
How many of the IMA nations with a military role have a robust intelligence gathering network?
Its a coalition of 40 nations, it can't get more legitimate than this, and thus far they had been fighting terrorism independently and its their intelligence sharing, which resulted in seeing Isis as a common threat, hence the allaince.
So don't worry there.

No. When a commander is appointed it's pretty open and public position and tends to get reported. so far has there been any Saudi media report? What exactly is he commanding and is he a commander or advisor? At the moment it's very unclear. I will stick to what I said if I get one image of him standing in command position in KSA.

And exactly what is he commanding? Units, corps, armies? What exactly. So far beyond the 'Islamic alliance' we have nothing tangible. Why is it so vague.

Ps. When are we going to see this? Notice Saudi flag flying next to US flag. Gen Schwarzkopf being a commander. Or are they going to hide our Gen. Raheel?

Good for you... in that case, hope you continue your innings.

Its like, take the magnet and nails will automatically pulled .

"Mr Asif said last year that there were 1,180 Pakistani troops based in the kingdom to provide training and advice, after Riyadh in 2015 reportedly requested a larger deployment of Pakistani soldiers to the country, in part to bolster its own less experienced forces against ISIL. One western diplomat based in the Gulf said the number of Pakistani troops in Saudi Arabia was much higher than the figure given by Mr Asif."

Its a coalition of 40 nations, it can't get more legitimate than this, and thus far they had been fighting terrorism independently and its their intelligence sharing, which resulted in seeing Isis as a common threat, hence the allaince.
So don't worry there.

I'm afraid that is not enough. One needs evidence and not hope when lives are on line.

Last edited:
United Ummat and Pak Army that's two beautiful words are enough to hypnotize us,
The Sheikhs ( Arabs ) even can't fart without permission of West(America) and better we keep away from this " dooor ke dholl Suhane "
American and want Muslims united? Wake up guys and I hope Raheel Sahib not jumps in this mess, we already in this mess and paying heavy price.

Not only fart without American permission but they have to kiss them - literally.

bush-holds-hands-11-9-10.png

http://index.heritage.org/military/2015/chapter/op-environment/middle-east/
It's pity long to read but even few makes lines if you can read umm it's interesting how Raheel Sahib fit in this heavily armed presence of only American army excluding NATO 50000 soldiers deployed in ME. As I mentioned earlier Ummat and Pak Army words enough for our nation to get another heavy dose to sleep for long.

20150119tu-bush-and-saudi-king-kiss.jpg

@Kaptan
http://index.heritage.org/military/2015/chapter/op-environment/middle-east/

Back
Top Bottom