What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Been wondering what exact weapons the Mirages IIIs and Vs can be outfitted with.

I have seen the IIIs fitted with what look to be Matra R.530s, AIM-9Ls, AIM-9P4s, and odd looking drop tanks which can mount 4 bombs, I don't know what size those bombs are, and seems to have some sort of rocket launcher in its nose.
The Mirage Vs meanwhile I have seen to only mount AIM-9P4s or P3s, Hijara AT Cluster Bombs, various dumb bombs of various size, and thats about it.

If anyone could give me a detailed list and associated images of any weapons I have missed, please feel free to

1659618964236.png

7 mirage squadrons
7 squadron ROSE 1
CCS Mirage squadron ROSE 1
8 squadron NON ROSE
15 squadron (now 50 squadron as 15 cobras will be J10 now) NON ROSE
22 squadron NON ROSE
25 squadron ROSE 2
27 squadron ROSE 3

There is a special need which has freshly come up. Lets wait for another 27 Feb.
And pray it is to prevent a 26th Feb initially. As one PAF Mirage driver remarked "we may have pulled off 27th Feb but we proved to be a reactionary force...."

Last edited:
Replace their capabilities through drones ?
Yes much cheaper option as compared to maintain their engines and old airframes don't forget the cost of program to convert them into drones.

I'll say this, convert real outdated f-7s into target drones.

Yes much cheaper option as compared to maintain their engines and old airframes don't forget the cost of program to convert them into drones.

I'll say this, convert real outdated f-7s into target drones.
The maneuverability and ordinance carrying capacity of drones is limited.

An aircraft converted to drone can show different results

I highly doubt an operator will be going mach 1+ at low level remotely only relying on a camera.

Pilot can see much more than a nose mounted flir.

But it will be interesting nonetheless

I highly doubt an operator will be going mach 1+ at low level remotely only relying on a camera.

Pilot can see much more than a nose mounted flir.

But it will be interesting nonetheless

Hi,

Have you not heard of a " Terrain following radar "?

True, however a true drone needs over the horizon com link.
PAF has a long way to go, before we get that.

Back
Top Bottom