What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
It would be better if you avoid political references and instead of making fun of someone's pov, try coming up with logical explanations..cheers!

But but .. PAF Mirage's capabilities aren't just on paper rather they should their might in Swift Retort (they did their job successfully, no reference of war vs battle needed).

Mirage might not be multi-role but PAF is .. so rest of the fleet compliments where Mirages lack.

Coordination matters as much as capabilities, otherwise IAF had been successful in Balakot strikes.

Oh it won't come to deep strikes .. even just after one strike from PAF almost ended up India sending it's missiles in Pakistan. So don't worry about Deep Strikes because either side will launch Ballistic or Cruise missiles within early hours.

Modern flight packages aren't as simple as 4 ship Rafael flight carrying out all tasks such as AA/AG/SEAD/EW. I have tried to explained this in detail on previous page please refer to that. Post #4976

Sir, Jaguar fighter plane is more battle proven plane if I look at the history.

But as I said, dropping rhe bombs at borders and deep stike inside.... Both are different..

Many PAF mirage and IAF Jaguar would be shoot down if they will try to go deep stike in actual war....,.,............. Bomber/ attack fighter concept is very old with the combination of air superiority fighters... But it would not work for india and Pakistan.

If I am general of air force then I would prefer to send the 10 multirole fighter for deep stike..... Rather than, 10 Jaguar/ PAF mirage with 5 or 10 other air superiority aircrafts.

Last edited:
You obviously have missed the point entirely ...

I will repeat again .. It took 4 Mirage pilots/navigators across 2 Mirage V’s to deliver 1 SOW.. just 1...

A single typhoon/rafale/f16 jet with 1 pilot can deliver 2 SOW/Cruise missiles and still carry with them Jammers, BVRs missiles to help complete the mission. It would take PAF 4 Mirage V's jets to achieve the same payload and with a total of 8 Pilots/navigators for those 4 Jets. And you think that is efficient deployment of airpower and pilots in 2022 ? Given how valuable pilots/navigators are - is that the most efficient utiisation of resources ?

Again - So - 1 IAF Rafale pilot can deliver as much destructive power as 4 Mirage Vs of the PAF with 8 pilots/navigators ....

How many missions does PAF need to generate to keep pace with aircraft like the Rafale, Typhoon, F16s in the deployment of SOWs or quite frankly anything else in a war ? The Mirages right now dont deliver enough bang for the buck when you consider how many trained pilots/navigators the platform requires to get a mission completed compared to more modern aircraft that can carry larger payloads and have more defensive capabilities built into them - that is why it is past its sell by date if you need to fight a high intensity war...

Why is this so difficult for people to understand ? Why do you struggle to understand ?
3 pilots not 4, just to be accurate. However, your concern while valid, the example is not on a wider scale. Not all Mirage missions will employ precession weapons and not other aircraft in the PAF inventory can carry as many cluster munitions as a Mirage in a single sortie.
If the Russian war is any example, you will need wide scale and large area bombing missions as well to stop infantry and armored vehicle movement.

But as I said, dropping rhe bombs at borders and deep stike inside.... Both are different..

Many PAF mirage and IAF Jaguar would be shoot down if they will try to go deep stike in actual war....,.,............. Bomber/ attack fighter concept is very old with the combination of air superiority fighters... But it would not work for india and Pakistan.

If I am general of air force then I would prefer to send the 10 multiple role fighter for deep stike..... Rather than, 10 Jaguar/ PAF mirage with 5 or 10 other air superiority aircrafts.
Putting aside deep strike, what about shallow strikes on troop formations right at the border or even inside your own territory?

Also keep in mind the bhikari status of the country when dreaming of an all modern air force.

Putting aside deep strike, what about shallow strikes on troop formations right at the border or even inside your own territory?

Also keep in mind the bhikari status of the country when dreaming of an all modern air force.

Yes I agreed.... This is the reason our countries are still flying such legendary aircrafts i. e mig 21, J 7, Jaguar, mirage 3...... Etc

You missed the point.

It didn't take 4....that's what paf decided to do for this mission dumbo.

Let me give you an example that your single cell brain can understand.
Let's say you father takes you to your school in his car which in only 400m from your home. You get in the car and he drops you off. I say see he is handicapped and not able to walk to school. Did u get that????? Or you need further explanation...its called a package for a reason
Post reported for personal and insulting comment towards the other member.

I have requested you many times to stop this attitude but you seem to give no heed.

If I am general of air force then I would prefer to send the 10 multirole fighter for deep stike..... Rather than, 10 Jaguar/ PAF mirage with 5 or 10 other air superiority aircrafts.
We aren't talking about history rather recent events. When was the last time Jaguar participated against Pakistan?

As for deep strike, I have already answered.

Our air forces cannot replace all aircrafts with modern inventory so they have to make the best out of available resources.

Last edited:
You missed the point.

It didn't take 4....that's what paf decided to do for this mission dumbo.

Let me give you an example that your single cell brain can understand.
Let's say you father takes you to your school in his car which in only 400m from your home. You get in the car and he drops you off. I say see he is handicapped and not able to walk to school. Did u get that????? Or you need further explanation...its called a package for a reason
If you don't have anything not productive enough, please refrain from dropping this low.

1024594006.jpg
1024594043.jpg
1024593952.jpg
1024593927.jpg
1024593978.jpg
1024593869.jpg
1024593904.jpg
1024593827.jpg
1024593800.jpg
1024593845.jpg
1024593779.jpg

Actually i would tend to agree and disagree. For tactical strikes at very low levels - Jaguar is the best around for its class. It is also one of the very reasons why it has been kept and upgraded over and over. Now, that said, the battlefield has changed so much, unless it is a surgical strike without much EW or AAMs, these are sitting ducks but still they can get the job done especially with more modern stand off weapons.

Similarly M3/M5 with relevant upgrades have found their niche for the time being until they get replaced. The beauty about both the Jags/Ms is their versatilty that comes with the 'open' book ability to modify as needed without much of hangovers. Alas .... though i do wish these had been upgraded to Cheetah C/Ds - then it was a totally different story.

Similarly M3/M5 with relevant upgrades have found their niche for the time being until they get replaced. The beauty about both the Jags/Ms is their versatilty that comes with the 'open' book ability to modify as needed without much of hangovers. Alas .... though i do wish these had been upgraded to Cheetah C/Ds - then it was a totally different story.
Bro. Something we have discussed to death here, but unfortunately, those at the helm in the paf at the time arrogantly decided not to pursue this option because in their dreams paf was going to be flooded with F16s.......and we know how that turned out.

Bro. Something we have discussed to death here, but unfortunately, those at the helm in the paf at the time arrogantly decided not to pursue this option because in their dreams paf was going to be flooded with F16s.......and we know how that turned out.
bro.... always a pleasure to reconnect. hope you are well.

absolutely my friend... people are waking up now to what we had been saying and seeing all along.

bro.... always a pleasure to reconnect. hope you are well.

absolutely my friend... people are waking up now to what we had been saying and seeing all along.
Same here. All is well, hope the same for you.
Indeed the missed opportunity with cheetah upgrades, and the technical know how, that went with it, has been haunting the paf till this day. We are still using Ms but without the massive cheetah improvements.

Back
Top Bottom