What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
That was not my question.

My Question was, since the JF has a very capable data link, why wouldn't newer platforms have them as well?
I never said Eastern platforms can't have Link-17 or TDL in general...I said they probably can't use Link-16 (US end-user restrictions).

The goal should be to further leverage the PAF's strong F-16 fleet. For that one needs Link-16 so that they can interoperate with the F-16.

Yes, the J-10/Flanker and F-16 pilots can communicate by normal radio, but on two different TDL (Link-17 & Link-16) they wouldn't have the seamless network interoperability of the F-16/Typhoon on Link-16, e.g. the F-16s can switch-off their radars and rely on the T3's AESA radar, thereby reducing their own detectability while also boosting their ECCM. The East/F-16 duo without AEW&C (in enemy territory) would be disjointed in comparison.

Last edited:
I never said Eastern platforms can't have Link-17 or TDL in general...I said they probably can't use Link-16 (US end-user restrictions).

The goal should be to further leverage the PAF's strong F-16 fleet. For that one needs Link-16 so that they can interoperate with the F-16.

Yes, the J-10/Flanker and F-16 pilots can communicate by normal radio, but on two different TDL (Link-17 & Link-16) they wouldn't have the seamless network interoperability of the F-16/Typhoon on Link-16, e.g. the F-16s can switch-off their radars and rely on the T3's AESA radar, thereby reducing their own detectability while also boosting their ECCM. The East/F-16 duo without AEW&C (in enemy territory) would be disjointed in comparison.
Thank You for the clarification, appreciate it.

Best Regards

Shouldnt Pak prefer integration with the main work horse i.e. JF 17 than the <100 F16s which seem difficult to get and upgrade due to geo politics?

Shouldnt Pak prefer integration with the main work horse i.e. JF 17 than the <100 F16s which seem difficult to get and upgrade due to geo politics?
The JF-17s can't readily accompany a strike fighter for long-range engagements. Even if you factor in AAR and fuel pods, you'd extend your bigger assets (i.e. F-16s). That said, having the JF-17 does free the PAF from committing the F-16s (and any plus-one fighter) from defensive and near-proximity engagements. One can preserve flight hours, spare parts and maintain fewer numbers of high end fighters thanks to the JF-17.

Which Mirage is this one?

Anyone has an idea which country it was bought from ? Lebanon or Australia?

SfNsPy5.png

What is the difference between Mirage III and V?

Which Mirage is this one?

Anyone has an idea which country it was bought from ? Lebanon or Australia?

SfNsPy5.png

What is the difference between Mirage III and V?
Mirage-VDD #04-002 Ex-Libyan..This aircraft crashed in 2014 taking lives of the pilots.

Gbu32, 38, plus latest version of laser guided dual mode GPS cu m laser gbu12, 24 and finally bunker buster 109- paf opted for these as they are less expensive jsow- was too expensive and RAAD plus h2/h4 are cheaper and available same is the case for 9x 500k-per round vs 100k 9m paf prefered paying 500-per aim120s may be in future these will be bought

Most likely in the event of war, the US ccan block satellite signals over South Asia for PAF fighters. Then PAF wont be able to use JDAMs.

Mirage-VDD #04-002 Ex-Libyan..This aircraft crashed in 2014 taking lives of the pilots.

So sorry to read this!

So sorry to read this!

Most likely in the event of war, the US ccan block satellite signals over South Asia for PAF fighters. Then PAF wont be able to use JDAMs.

So sorry to read this!

So sorry to read this!

Ok

GPS is just add on laser and ins are still there anyway too much south Asia’s drama and theories as usual

The JF-17s can't readily accompany a strike fighter for long-range engagements. Even if you factor in AAR and fuel pods, you'd extend your bigger assets (i.e. F-16s). That said, having the JF-17 does free the PAF from committing the F-16s (and any plus-one fighter) from defensive and near-proximity engagements. One can preserve flight hours, spare parts and maintain fewer numbers of high end fighters thanks to the JF-17.

i wounder why is that considering jf-17 internal fuel is 2400liters vs 3300liters of f-16 (without CFT)
three drop tanks in case of jf-17 would mean additional 3200 liters

f-16 with 3 tanks will carry 3300+1100+1400+1400

i am not sure about ferry range of thunders but one can argue jf-17 with three tanks and 2 bvrs/2vwr can accompany an f-16 with no tanks or only/centerline tank(1100liters)/CFT(1700liters for both) and full weapon load out for strike missions

but still i think fuel is one thing block 3 needs to work on too, same as what gripen did

i wounder why is that considering jf-17 internal fuel is 2400liters vs 3300liters of f-16 (without CFT)
three drop tanks in case of jf-17 would mean additional 3200 liters

f-16 with 3 tanks will carry 3300+1100+1400+1400

i am not sure about ferry range of thunders but one can argue jf-17 with three tanks and 2 bvrs/2vwr can accompany an f-16 with no tanks or only/centerline tank(1100liters)/CFT(1700liters for both) and full weapon load out for strike missions

but still i think fuel is one thing block 3 needs to work on too, same as what gripen did

I think jf17 has 3000 l8ter intrnal fuel (pac site )

Back
Top Bottom