What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Take Mirage Offline 25 Units at time , Total to 100 Units

Send them to Turkey for Modernization with Turkish
  • Display Units (They sell commercially already built item)
  • Radars (Install a Latest Radar from last 2-3 years ago)
  • Helmets with Data Display Visors
  • Sniper PODS (They sell commercially already built item)
>Replace Bulky Old Mirage Dashboard
>Remove all the Computers/Hardware units based on older technology
>Install brand new items from Turkey Hardware
> Put Software Turkey made for Operation (Minor customization made be done for Mirage)

Since Turkish Weapon's system are all European standard we should not have any issue integrating French Missiles we have in stock back into Platform.

They have their technology demonstrator already in action
idef-aselssan-MGEO_.jpg

The Hardware will enable us to integrate more interesting toys for Pilots
AviyonikSistemler.jpg

file.php

Pakistan should upgrade JF-17 block 1 with newer avionic and radar.
It's not worth spending more money on Mirage III/V because they are going to retire in next 3 to 5 years.
Just because it's from Turkey doesn't mean it's going to be cheap, and Mirage III/V frame not worth spending huge amount of investment...unless Pakistan can buy Mirage 2000c from France...Plane would be between 6 to 15 million (depend on the upgrades) for each but why would Pakistan go for more Mirage 2000c when JF-17 block 3 should be coming by the end of 2018.

But with the rebuilt fuselage with zero flying hours conditions, which we obviously could not afford as it will be as much expensive as the building of new jet, so rather to go this way I think JF-17 is much better.
But 'fanboy' in me is urging me to state my wish to have Carver jet with latest AESA radar and avionics and high thrust engine from west/Italy to replace Mirage Jet in PAF .... hahaha
https://www.africandefence.net/project-carver-emerges-from-the-shadows/
one wonders could china had brought that for Pakistan swap for a rd 93 and voila

Pakistan should upgrade JF-17 block 1 with newer avionic and radar.
It's not worth spending more money on Mirage III/V because they are going to retire in next 3 to 5 years.
Just because it's from Turkey doesn't mean it's going to be cheap, and Mirage III/V frame not worth spending huge amount of investment...unless Pakistan can buy Mirage 2000c from France...Plane would be between 6 to 15 million (depend on the upgrades) for each but why would Pakistan go for more Mirage 2000c when JF-17 block 3 should be coming by the end of 2018.

pakistan hsould build more block 3 instead of upgrading old aircraft
dont you wonder why trench 1 typhoons, block a/b f-16s and f-35 initial aircrafts are been left alone

But with the rebuilt fuselage with zero flying hours conditions, which we obviously could not afford as it will be as much expensive as the building of new jet, so rather to go this way I think JF-17 is much better.
But 'fanboy' in me is urging me to state my wish to have Carver jet with latest AESA radar and avionics and high thrust engine from west/Italy to replace Mirage Jet in PAF .... hahaha
Carver would have been SA's equivalent to the J-10 and MiG-29M/M2/-35.

After i read all comments i came to this result...!!!
Mirage can easily counter indian Su-30 mki and F-7pg for indian Mig-29..!!! o_Oo_O

Bro i am pakistani... we should replace these aircraft with 4++ generation. our gvt has alot money for corruption but not for aircraft
that's true but still we vote for them. keeping in view our economic conditions it seems impossible that pak may procure any capable fighter jet in next 5 yrs. our only way forward is upgrading jft.

No body posted anything so nothing new in AFM article about mirages and pac nov AFM

Indeed, finally they decided give some details. We were not allowed to discuss this for 25 yrs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom