What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Why isnt Pakistan able to fabricate new wings for the Mirage fleet on its own? It is not like the technology is new or the plane itself. After all, we are thinking about manufacturing a 5th generation fighter within 5 years.

Why isnt Pakistan able to fabricate new wings for the Mirage fleet on its own? It is not like the technology is new or the plane itself. After all, we are thinking about manufacturing a 5th generation fighter within 5 years.

As of now they are using non destructive inspection/ X-rays and repairing actually internal ribs etc.

Hi,

" With the help of China---off course ".

by now even the fuselage might need replacement, forget about the wings
than its after all an older plane without any fly by wire and other stuff
if we really want a delta design just getting afew j-10 would be cheaper

Last edited:
IMO ... might as well buy 2~3 squadrons of FC-31 to replace the Mirage in the maritime ops and strike roles. Even if Project Azm is a different design (i.e. not FC-31), the FC-31 would still make for an exponentially improved upgrade to the Mirage - i.e. internal payload, low-RCS airframe, AESA radar and integrated EW/ECM, etc.

IMO ... might as well buy 2~3 squadrons of FC-31 to replace the Mirage in the maritime ops and strike roles. Even if Project Azm is a different design (i.e. not FC-31), the FC-31 would still make for an exponentially improved upgrade to the Mirage - i.e. internal payload, low-RCS airframe, AESA radar and integrated EW/ECM, etc.
I concur, better to spend funds on next gen. Could not write earlier, recoverying from eye op - lasered for small detachment. pray all works out.

I concur, better to spend funds on next gen. Could not write earlier, recoverying from eye op - lasered for small detachment. pray all works out.
get well soon bro.
A

All the best bro with your eye GOD bless.

As of now they are using non destructive inspection/ X-rays and repairing actually internal ribs etc.

Well NDT is used in all aircraft regardless of what they want to do with it.
In Mirage's case the aircraft is just too old. Its not just the structure, but other components as well. A lot of the companies that built some of the parts are not around anymore so finding spares is also an issue.

Per AFM article mirage fuselage has 8000 hours limit and wings 2250 most of fleet is in range of 4-5000 hours and paf got enough spares from Libya so fleet may be kept for r another 10 years so expect mirage last sqn to convert by 2025ish

Question is how Israel manage to restore and upgrade Kfirs to block-60 standard? And is it possible to do it to Mirages?

Back
Top Bottom