What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
IMO...if the PAF sought the J-10C or J-11B/D, it'd be as-is but with ability to integrate Ra'ad and CM-302. Since these fighters would be standalone (can't link to F-16s), a large number (3 or 4 squadrons) would be necessary to build a sizable offensive force. In this sense, medium weights such as the J-10C (or MiG-35 from Russia) would be more feasible (than Flankers).

Not sure what is your source? Recommend reading paf official history book

Looks like the Eagle is showing her claws - this time minions of Babur Han!!!! I think they're enough for your adversaries....

Every time I think about these cruise missiles and the miniaturized warheads as their perfect companions it gives me a thrill of ecstasy (folks spend fortunes to get into that level of "high")!!!!! Not to mention the anti-radiation SOMs!! And, they are all manufactured at the back garages in tons at the cost of tin pots!!! And, the way they can be delivered - literally from the narrow streets of any given Mahalle in any village/town/city, or planes flying from any patch of a highway within Pak!!!! And, the Indian planners have to chalk out defenses being at the receiving end!!! No wonder they never fail to resort to the "Last Afgan" or "Army of Apes".....

Screenshot_2017-10-14-00-08-45.png

IMO...if the PAF sought the J-10C or J-11B/D, it'd be as-is but with ability to integrate Ra'ad and CM-302. Since these fighters would be standalone (can't link to F-16s), a large number (3 or 4 squadrons) would be necessary to build a sizable offensive force. In this sense, medium weights such as the J-10C (or MiG-35 from Russia) would be more feasible (than Flankers).
I don't understand, why wouldn't the J10 or J11, have data link capability like the JF?

Mirage Just needs a Avionics (Radar / Digital Cockpit) upgrade otherwise the plane/payload is capable to holding it's own

• Turkey has software for F16 and they manufacture all the parts for their F16 Combat planes (Hardware modules) and Pakistan already has choices for radars

I was of opinion to buy the Software from Turkey enhance it for Mirage

8M7Odn.jpg

j8GMvg.jpg

nEzaqa.jpg

Now that we have 100 F16 and 100 JF17 Thunder , we should send all Mirage to Turkey for Modernization and installation of modern hardware and software that goes with it

• Strip out all hardware
  • Install brand new software
  • Install new Turkish / Chinese / Pakistani Visual Tools

We can afford to send 50-60 planes for Modernization to Turkey Engineering

Mirage2000 had some modernized dispay and electrical systems
and there is no reason that why mirage cannot also go thru a digital upgrading and achive same benefits

1854814.jpg

• My suggestion would be outsource Mirage Modernization to 2017 Standard with Help from Turkey or France

> New Hardware
> New computer for Jet
> New Software (Turkish)
> New Digital Tools from Turkey
> Need to also get Turkish Sniper Pods with upgrade

New Hardware/Sofware combination will make the whole Mirage fleet Interlinkable with our modern fleet

forsaleturkey.png

I mean all these Gadgets are available fro Turkey just need to send 40-50 Mirage for Moderniation , Turkey owns all rights to the Hardware/ Software

And out a Brand new Chinese radar in planes

Last edited:
I don't understand, why wouldn't the J10 or J11, have data link capability like the JF?
The JF-17 has less range, so it's unlikely that it'd accompany a heavy very far into enemy territory. Sure, LACM and other SOW deployment would help, but there's a 300-550 km cap. Pulling further would require a bigger platform.

Mirage Just needs a Avionics (Radar / Digital Cockpit) upgrade otherwise the plane/payload is capable to holding it's own

• Turkey has software for F16 and they manufacture all the parts for their F16 Combat planes (Hardware modules) and Pakistan already has choices for radars

8M7Odn.jpg

j8GMvg.jpg

nEzaqa.jpg

Now that we have 100 F16 and 100 JF17 Thunder , we should send all Mirage to Turkey for Modernization and installation of modern hardware and software that goes with it

• Strip out all hardware

and there is no reason that why mirage cannot also go thru a digital upgrading and achive same benefits

1854814.jpg

• My suggestion would be outsource Mirage Modernization to 2017 Standard with Help from Turkey or France

> New Hardware
> New computer for Jet
> New Software (Turkish)

New Hardware/Sofware combination will make the whole Mirage fleet Interlinkable with our modern fleet

View attachment 431082

I mean all these Gadgets are available fro Turkey just need to send 40-50 Mirage for Moderniation , Turkey owns all rights to the Hardware/ Software

The upgrades you have suggested are worthwhile but most important thing is engine required to be changed as Pak Mirage engines have already passed through number of overhauls. Further the safety standards i.e ejection system in both F7PG and Mirage requires improvement.

In other words these birds require overall re built it is better to let them go and induct any Chinese Medium/Heavy weight fighter to replace them.

The JF-17 has less range, so it's unlikely that it'd accompany a heavy very far into enemy territory. Sure, LACM and other SOW deployment would help, but there's a 300-550 km cap. Pulling further would require a bigger platform.
That was not my question.

My Question was, since the JF has a very capable data link, why wouldn't newer platforms have them as well?

8M7Odn.jpg

j8GMvg.jpg

nEzaqa.jpg

• Strip out all hardware

1854814.jpg

> New Hardware
> New computer for Jet
> New Software (Turkish)

View attachment 431082

JF-17 block I should also adopt these turkish gadets.

Take Mirage Offline 25 Units at time , Total to 100 Units

Send them to Turkey for Modernization with Turkish
  • Display Units (They sell commercially already built item)
  • Radars (Install a Latest Radar from last 2-3 years ago)
  • Helmets with Data Display Visors
  • Sniper PODS (They sell commercially already built item)
>Replace Bulky Old Mirage Dashboard
>Remove all the Computers/Hardware units based on older technology
>Install brand new items from Turkey Hardware
> Put Software Turkey made for Operation (Minor customization made be done for Mirage)

Since Turkish Weapon's system are all European standard we should not have any issue integrating French Missiles we have in stock back into Platform.

They have their technology demonstrator already in action
idef-aselssan-MGEO_.jpg

The Hardware will enable us to integrate more interesting toys for Pilots
AviyonikSistemler.jpg

file.php

Last edited:
The upgrades you have suggested are worthwhile but most important thing is engine required to be changed as Pak Mirage engines have already passed through number of overhauls. Further the safety standards i.e ejection system in both F7PG and Mirage requires improvement.

In other words these birds require overall re built it is better to let them go and induct any Chinese Medium/Heavy weight fighter to replace them.

The big question is can PAF Mirages be upgraded like Israeli Kfir block-60??

Kfir block-60 upgrade shows that with current tech old birds life can be extended and systems upgraded if it's needed.

Of course 70% of efficiency of a jet is the avionics / weapons on board and Technology 30% mechanical advantage like Engine and Dog fight is also a factor no doubt

But we live in Age or technology

Back
Top Bottom