What's new

Arjun Mk-II Gets Ready To Compete Russian T-90 Tank

Varunastra

Reaction score
Country
India
A prototype of the improved main Arjun Mk-II battle tank is now fully ready for field shooting tests.

The field trials are stated to be carried out at the Pokhran firing range in the state of Rajastan. The Indian army will commence testing on the 1st of June 2012.

The declaration of the testing of the Arjun Mk-II prototype comes a few weeks after Russia presented an improved version of the T-90 tank at the Defexpo 2012 exhibition in New Delhi. The timing is no coincidence and DRDO is aggressively building a tank that can outclass one of the best tanks in the world. Russia has done everything to prove that it's T-90 surpasses the Arjun in all respects and DRDO is clearly not in a mood to accept that.

According to India's DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation), a comparison of the T-90's latest version with the Arjun Mk-I in 2010 showed that the former was inferior in a number of areas.:azn:

There is a clear-cut correspondence: every order the Arjun loses directly benefits the T-90 and vice versa. This will set the stage for the tests of the Arjun Mk-II, which is why the interested parties will pay very close attention to both the Arjun Mk-II and the T-90s.

The Indian Army's decision to purchase these sophisticated tanks in large numbers will depend on the overall comparative analysis. The Indian military plans to buy 124 Mk-II units in the initial stage, if the tests go smoothly.

Defence News - Arjun Mk-II Gets Ready To Compete Russian T-90 Tank

Well the politicians will have to satisfied more than our army :tdown:
Mk2 is really a good one, hope they induct in large numbers..
Good going DRDO :tup:

Well domestic or foreigner we need best.

Hope best will win ..........................

Ajai%2Band%2BArjun.jpg

is this ^^ the Arjun MKII guys???

DO NOT GIVE UP GUYS FIGHT TILL THE VERY END AND GIVE THE COUNTRY UR BEST.......

I thought MKI already beat the T-90? Was there a test a few years back?

I thought MKI already beat the T-90? Was there a test a few years back?

MK II against the New improved T-90 MS, which is probably what Indian Army will go for if the MK II is not upto the mark.

I've been out of this site for a while. Just got back here to congrat India for becoming a super power because of the world's best ICBM launch.

Ohh so you notice that .... Chalo hamara kharcha karna bekar nahi gaya ....

MK II against the New improved T-90 MS, which is probably what Indian Army will go for if the MK II is not upto the mark.

I don't think the one is dependent on the other, we have a pretty big order for T90s and we obviously will not produce them all in the older versions. Sooner or later we will buy the ToT to build the MS version and upgrade the older to MS level, just like we soon will build Super 30s at HAL, while the older MKIs will be upgraded.
Arjun is simply not a tank for all areas in India, therefor will always be build in lower numbers than T90 anyway, but the orders so far are indeed pathetic. Lets hope that the MK2 will finally be procured in more useful numbers and with some more IA backing up behind it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom