What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

That user is pretty strange. Apparently based in Denmark and a female. Copenhagen is called Koebenhavn in Danish (actually København but there is no ø in the English alphabet). There is nothing called "Kobenhaven".

I have but I remained silent as the discussions concerned Pakistanis and Indians which is not really my business and I leave that for the locals.:)

Mate, you don't have to apologize for what others do and it was not THAT bad. Expected worse in that thread. Most of the Indians I have talked to are nice people. A few bad apples are found among all people so no need to worry.:)

Mate can you tell a bit about New Zealand. I have never been there nor Oceania. I am curious to know how life is there. Probably very secluded/isolated and quite outside of Wellington and Auckland but probably that feeling is even present there. Or what? How are the indigenous Maori people doing? Also what about life from an economical perspective? How are the taxes, are the goods cheap compared to the average paycheck etc.?

Sorry for all the questions. Take your time if you want to.

I can mate. Just give me a bit of time though to give you a cogent response :)

T

Mate can you tell a bit about New Zealand. I have never been there nor Oceania. I am curious to know how life is there. Probably very secluded/isolated and quite outside of Wellington and Auckland but probably that feeling is even present there. Or what? How are the indigenous Maori people doing? Also what about life from an economical perspective? How are the taxes, are the goods cheap compared to the average paycheck etc.?

Sorry for all the questions. Take your time if you want to.

sorry about the late reply. I had forgotten about this.

In terms of the weather, it is quite similar to the U.K. (you live in Denmark right? so the weather won't be radically different from there, except it is warmer.)

People in New Zealand are very laid back and friendly. New Zealand employs a progressive tax system. so if you earn below $48,000 you pay 18% income tax. Above $70,000 means you pay 35%.

New Zealand has 4.3 million people and 2 million of those live in Auckland or around it and you are right about the feeling of seclusion.

The cost of living is actually pretty high. Australia does a better job there. The essentials like Bread, butter etc is pricy. Basically if you want to lead a quiet, safe and a good lifestyle free of hassle, New Zealand is the place. If you want to have flashy cars, high powered career raking in the cash, then Australia is the way to go in Oceania.

The Maori are doing well compared to other indigenous groups like Native Americans or Aborigines but still they make up a disproportionate number of the prison population and the Gang population.

The Maori were a war-like people when Europeans first arrived. They got a reputation for being fierce warriors and sometimes notoriety for the occasional cannibalism.

The Maori used to divide themselves into Hapu which is the sub clan the Hapus then form into tribes or Iwi. The differnt tribes then traced their lineage to a Waka or Canoe, which the Maori believed their ancestors used to get from Hawaii to New Zealand.

In fact, the heaven for Pre-Christian Maori is Hawaikii. Decades of fighting with British, diseases brought ny Europeans and fighting among tribes dwindled their numbers to 40,000 arounf 1870.

Right now there are around 500,000 of people with Maori descent.

Do you have any other question bro :)

sorry about the late reply. I had forgotten about this.

In terms of the weather, it is quite similar to the U.K. (you live in Denmark right? so the weather won't be radically different from there, except it is warmer.)

People in New Zealand are very laid back and friendly. New Zealand employs a progressive tax system. so if you earn below $48,000 you pay 18% income tax. Above $70,000 means you pay 35%.

New Zealand has 4.3 million people and 2 million of those live in Auckland or around it and you are right about the feeling of seclusion.

The cost of living is actually pretty high. Australia does a better job there. The essentials like Bread, butter etc is pricy. Basically if you want to lead a quiet, safe and a good lifestyle free of hassle, New Zealand is the place. If you want to have flashy cars, high powered career raking in the cash, then Australia is the way to go in Oceania.

The Maori are doing well compared to other indigenous groups like Native Americans or Aborigines but still they make up a disproportionate number of the prison population and the Gang population.

The Maori were a war-like people when Europeans first arrived. They got a reputation for being fierce warriors and sometimes notoriety for the occasional cannibalism.

The Maori used to divide themselves into Hapu which is the sub clan the Hapus then form into tribes or Iwi. The differnt tribes then traced their lineage to a Waka or Canoe, which the Maori believed their ancestors used to get from Hawaii to New Zealand.

In fact, the heaven for Pre-Christian Maori is Hawaikii. Decades of fighting with British, diseases brought ny Europeans and fighting among tribes dwindled their numbers to 40,000 arounf 1870.

Right now there are around 500,000 of people with Maori descent.

Do you have any other question bro :)

Thank you for taking your time my friend. This was a very precise reply and somewhat what I imagined. I will surely ask more questions if necessary and you are more than welcome to ask questions the other way around concerning KSA, the Arab world and the ME. I will try to answer to the best of my abilities. Hell, even about Denmark, France etc.

@BLACKEAGLE @Arabian Legend @Mosamania - Is our akhi here talking about a horse or the future Mrs.Al-Hassani to be ? :unsure:

Good old, Buttstrong always good for a laugh with his humorous command of the language. I hope that everything is well. I have not seen you for a while. Good to see you well and good (I imagine?). A late but nevertheless a brotherly Eid mubarak to you my friend.

Stay safe and continue to spread that humor around, will you?!:D

PS: You made me spill some coffee due to laughter as I had also written endurance and strength in the post that you quoted.:rofl:

Good old, Buttstrong always good for a laugh with his humorous command of the language. I hope that everything is well. I have not seen you for a while. Good to see you well and good (I imagine?). A late but nevertheless a brotherly Eid mubarak to you my friend.

PS: You made me spill some coffee due to laughter as I had also written endurance and strength in the post that you quoted.:rofl:

Khair Mubarik ! :)

@1000

KOBANE: KURDISH LAST STAND... | Page 4

Post 50.

Can you see what this stateless Kurd is writing about the ancient Semitic Assyrian Empire and civilization while his people have a recorded history of barely 1000 years? The Assyrian Empire was more developed thousands of years ago than many Kurds are today.

6abc58da893a8b4f1fc64cddae1d79f2.png

911 BC–609 BC

Neo-Assyrian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where were his Kurds back then? They did not even exist! Assyria was the most powerful state back then.

Calling Kirkuk "Kurdish". Since when?

There is no need to engage with him though. Obvious troll is obvious. "Jordanian Kurd" my ***.:lol:

The Iraqi army, when fully rebuilt, must retake the Kurdish controlled parts of Kirkuk and other Iraqi areas occupied currently by these Kurds. They will get the full support of the local Iraqi Arabs, Assyrians and Turkmens. All 3 should form a front and the 1 million or so Iraqi Arab refugees in Kurdistan should stay in Kurdistan. After all a similar number of Kurds live in Baghdad and Diyala.

I don't endorse everything that Saddam Hussein did but he surely knew how to keep Iraq intact and prevented the Kurds from stealing land etc.

201d12507cd3ec03471c84997880d98c.jpg

Iraq badly needs a clever strongman.

Last edited:
@1000

KOBANE: KURDISH LAST STAND... | Page 4

Post 50.

Can you see what this stateless Kurd is writing about the ancient Semitic Assyrian Empire and civilization while his people have a recorded history of barely 1000 years? The Assyrian Empire was more developed thousands of years ago than many Kurds are today.

View attachment 119522

911 BC–609 BC

Neo-Assyrian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where were his Kurds back then? They did not even exist! Assyria was the most powerful state back then.

Calling Kirkuk "Kurdish". Since when?

There is no need to engage with him though. Obvious troll is obvious. "Jordanian Kurd" my ***.:lol:

The Iraqi army, when fully rebuilt, must retake the Kurdish controlled parts of Kirkuk and other Iraqi areas occupied currently by these Kurds. They will get the full support of the local Iraqi Arabs, Assyrians and Turkmens. All 3 should form a front and the 1 million or so Iraqi Arab refugees in Kurdistan should stay in Kurdistan. After all a similar number of Kurds live in Baghdad and Diyala.

I don't endorse everything that Saddam Hussein did but he surely knew how to keep Iraq intact and prevented the Kurds from stealing land etc.

View attachment 119539

Iraq badly needs a clever strongman.

lol

ffs they defected on the tigris spreading diseases to the babylonians on purpose, mass deportations, mass executions

That shit was thousands of years ago, us humans kill each other all throughout history like other species. Not long ago Hitler, Stalin killed millions. What a fucking cretin, as for supporting genocide then I can play Saddamist on them as well so he shouldn't be 2 faced and cry when people do that.
Kurds claim to be Medes, they belong in the Zagros mountains, not in the lowlands.

The 2 pieces of shit Ali Ghaidan & Abbud Qanbar created the worst army in the world by giving each soldier an AK 47 without training them how to use it, with a capable force ISIS & tarazani can be dealt with, though I get called a fascist and racist by Kurds for saying that so I should bow to kaka churdi instead.

Last edited:
lol

That shit was thousands of years ago, us humans kill each other all throughout history like other species. Not long ago Hitler, Stalin killed millions. What a fucking cretin, as for supporting genocide then I can play Saddamist on them as well so he shouldn't be 2 faced and cry when people do that.

Kurds claim to be Medes, they belong in the Zagros mountains, not in the lowlands.

He is annoying and keeps insulting without consequences. Not sure how the Turks tolerate him.

Indeed. Back then people were doing thousands of much worse things. People can just look at Europe 400-300 years ago (when they were also the most powerful place in the world and so-called the most civilized) and how they burned millions of witches, killed millions of each others in hundreds of wars, the torture devices they used, execution methods etc. This was just 400-300 years ago. Now the clown is talking about something that happened almost 3000 years ago and what he says is also nonsense. Nobody defected to any river deliberately. Propaganda. People back then thought each other. Even among themselves.

List of wars by death toll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of genocides by death toll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's not even talk about cannibalism in Oceania, South America, The Aztecs, Mongols etc. which all happened much, much recently.

No Arabs/Semites found on that list so not sure what he is talking about.

There is no proof of Kurds being descendants of Medes. The Kurds first started becoming recorded in history 1000 years ago or something. They are basically a mixture of all locals around who adopted an Indo-Iranian language because the warrior elite were likely Indo-Iranians who came from Central Asia/Southern Russia (the steppes/deserts/lowlands there) and settled on the Iranian Plateau and thus reached Northwestern Iran. This is confirmed by genetics as most Kurds and Iranians are not any different (much at least) to your average ME person. Same with Turks btw. Then those Kurds started migrating towards Northern Iraq, Turkey and Northern Syria and here we are today.

See Andronovo to see how that Indo-Iranian warrior elite spread languages such s farsi and Kurdish. For instance the Elamites (oldest civilization in Iran) were not Indo-Iranians and had nothing to do with Farsis.

Andronovo culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you study history and read Arab historians and other historians from 1400 years back none of them talk about any Kurds. They write that this areas was inhabited by Assyrians or speakers of Aramaic. Aramaic is a Semitic language that was the lingua franca of the ancient world for many years and this language was understood by the Arabs (educated class at least just like everywhere else) as well because it was used as a trade language and because it is a closely related language. Anyway even the Arabs that lived in Iraq and others (non-Assyrians, non-Babylonians) such as the Christian Lakhmids etc. before Islam did not report anything about Kurds. They also said that this was Assyrian inhabited lands.

So not sure what they (some Kurds) talk about when they say that Kirkuk is the "heart of Kurdistan". Too much Rudaw nonsense and too little history and when you mention the history they start talking about Saddam and other such nonsense.

Last edited:
He is annoying and keeps insulting without consequences. Not sure how the Turks tolerate him.

Indeed. Back then people were doing thousands of much worse things. People can just look at Europe 400-300 years ago (when they were also the most powerful place in the world and so-called the most civilized) and how they burned millions of witches, killed millions of each others in hundreds of wars, the torture devices they used, execution methods etc. This was just 400-300 years ago. Now the clown is talking about something that happened almost 3000 years ago and what he says is also nonsense. Nobody defected to any river deliberately. Propaganda. People back then thought each other. Even among themselves.

List of wars by death toll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of genocides by death toll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No Arabs/Semites found on that list so not sure what he is talking about.

There is no proof of Kurds being descendants of Medes. The Kurds first started becoming recorded in history 1000 years ago or something. They are basically a mixture of all locals around who adopted an Indo-Iranian language because the warrior elite were likely Indo-Iranians who came from Central Asia/Southern Russia (the steppes/deserts/lowlands there) and settled on the Iranian Plateau and thus reached Northwestern Iran. This is confirmed by genetics as most Kurds and Iranians are not any different (much at least) to your average ME person. Same with Turks btw.

See Andronovo to see how that Indo-Iranian warrior elite spread languages such s farsi and Kurdish. For instance the Elamites (oldest civilization in Iran) were not Indo-Iranians and had nothing to do with Farsis.

Andronovo culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you study history and read Arab historians and other historians from 1400 years back none of them talk about any Kurds. They write that this areas was inhabited by Assyrians or speakers of Aramaic. Aramaic is a Semitic language that was the lingua franca of the ancient world for many years and this language was understood by the Arabs as well because it was used as a trade language and because it is a closely related language. Anyway even the Arabs that lived in Iraq and others (non-Assyrians, non-Babylonians) such as the Christian Lakhmids etc. before Islam did not report anything about Kurds. They also said that this was Assyrian inhabited lands.

So not sure what they (some Kurds) talk about when they say that Kirkuk is the "heart of Kurdistan". Too much Rudaw nonsense and too little history and when you mention the history they start talking about Saddam and other such nonsense.

They're foreign to those lands, theres nothing Kurdish about Ayn al Arab, Mosul, Kirkuk which is Arapha a city founded by Nebuchadnezzar the Babylonian, and all the other cities which they claim. Saddam would have cleaned the area but that time is gone, we got some democratic softies now, whether that's better or not you should ask the locals not me, the only thing we know is that Abadi is smarter as his background shows.

I argued with many of them bringing history into the discussion, but their only response is about recent history and repeating ' Kirkuk is the heart ..... '. It actually doesn't matter that much, as you can see they can't fight, any well trained infantry force could walk over them. If Iraq wants to solve the problem they should get rid of the democratic system whilst kurds have dictator tarzani, get rid of the constitution and create a capable force. With that they can run over both of them as theres no shortage of volunteers. To tell you the truth I wouldn't have a problem joining myself if they had a strong force as i'm interested in this field like many others on this forum, but currently all there is to join is a force of untrained personnel whom are neither capable nor motivated.

The only reason they got this chance is because of the US attacking Iraq twice and removing Saddam, a return of someone like him would be great to deal with both, but preferably someone with a brain, better then this democracy.

Last edited:
They're foreign to those lands, theres nothing Kurdish about Ayn al Arab, Mosul, Kirkuk which is Arapha a city founded by Nebuchadnezzar the Babylonian, and all the other cities which they claim. Saddam would have cleaned the area but that time is gone, we got some democratic softies now, whether that's better or not you should ask the locals not me, the only thing we know is that Abadi is smarter as his background shows.

I argued with many of them bringing history into the discussion, but their only response is about recent history and repeating ' Kirkuk is the heart ..... '. It actually doesn't matter that much, as you can see they can't fight, any well trained infantry force could walk over them. If Iraq wants to solve the problem they should get rid of the democratic system whilst kurds have dictator tarzani, get rid of the constitution and create a capable force. With that they can run over both of them as theres no shortage of volunteers.

The only reason they got this chance is because of the US attacking Iraq twice and removing Saddam, a return of someone like him would be great to deal with both, but preferably someone with a brain, better then this democracy.

Indeed. Anyway the Assyrian Empire was the biggest empire in that time period and for those times undoubtedly one of the most civilized/developed.

I am not advocating any genocide or even any wars I am just saying that they should respect the locals. Why do they hate the Assyrians so much for instance? They are great people and patriots of Iraq and other countries where they live.

Saddam, if he lived 100 years ago, would have removed all Kurds. Today and 30-20 years back this was impossible.

But in order for Iraq to be powerful the government and Abadi and the military must recapture the taken land. But maybe the Southerners are too tired of all this conflict (can't blame them somewhat) and want their own country and live like another UAE, Qatar or Kuwait.

Democracy or not it all depends on the leaders. Clever leaders can transform the country. In KSA, since 2005, a lot of retards have been removed and this is thanks to the leadership and educated people being around areas of power. Every successful ruler 1 year ago or 10.000 years ago had clever people around him to guide him or was himself clever.

Al-Maliki probably wanted the best for the country but was too retarded and that "fake detector" scandal is enough to warrant an execution IMO. Besides his sons are also corrupt and drive Ferrari cars in London, UAE etc.

Iraq and Syria must stabilize otherwise ME will go up in flames and people will have to migrate to Greenland etc.

Thank you for taking your time my friend. This was a very precise reply and somewhat what I imagined. I will surely ask more questions if necessary and you are more than welcome to ask questions the other way around concerning KSA, the Arab world and the ME. I will try to answer to the best of my abilities. Hell, even about Denmark, France etc.

When you visit New Zealand,

spend most of your days in the South Island. The natural beauty is supreme :-)

Indeed. Anyway the Assyrian Empire was the biggest empire in that time period and for those times undoubtedly one of the most civilized/developed.

I am not advocating any genocide or even any wars I am just saying that they should respect the locals. Why do they hate the Assyrians so much for instance? They are great people and patriots of Iraq and other countries where they live.

Saddam, if he lived 100 years ago, would have removed all Kurds. Today and 30-20 years back this was impossible.

But in order for Iraq to be powerful the government and Abadi and the military must recapture the taken land. But maybe the Southerners are too tired of all this conflict (can't blame them somewhat) and want their own country and live like another UAE, Qatar or Kuwait.

Democracy or not it all depends on the leaders. Clever leaders can transform the country. In KSA, since 2005, a lot of retards have been removed and this is thanks to the leadership and educated people being around areas of power. Every successful ruler 1 year ago or 10.000 years ago had clever people around him to guide him or was himself clever.

Al-Maliki probably wanted the best for the country but was too retarded and that "fake detector" scandal is enough to warrant an execution IMO. Besides his sons are also corrupt and drive Ferrari cars in London, UAE etc.

Iraq and Syria must stabilize otherwise ME will go up in flames and people will have to migrate to Greenland etc.

there's a sizeable community of Assyrian Chrisitians here in New Zealand as well.

This is bad, that means Kerala's economy will be in tatters (it doesn't have much to begin with).

Err... I mean, I hope the situation stabilizes.

:unsure: yeah, that's it

When you visit New Zealand,

spend most of your days in the South Island. The natural beauty is supreme :-)

there's a sizeable community of Assyrian Chrisitians here in New Zealand as well.

Was the South Island not the scene of Lord of the Rings and other films that used the nature of New Zealand? I think so.

Thank's for the recommendation although I do not think that I will visit New Zealand soon or Oceania. I would like to though.

Oh, that's interesting. I know that there is a Iraqi and Arab community in New Zealand but surprised to hear about the Assyrian community. They are good people.

According to Wikipedia only 12.000 Arabs live in New Zealand. This must be our smallest diaspora out there or one of the smallest. Lucky New Zealanders, LOl.

Arabs in New Zealand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you ever encountered Arab students in New Zealand? I know that there are students from KSA down there.

This is bad, that means Kerala's economy will be in tatters (it doesn't have much to begin with).

Err... I mean, I hope the situation stabilizes.

:unsure: yeah, that's it

I was joking about that Greenland part. An Arab would die in such a cold place.:D

The refugees in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Lebanon etc. are mostly migrating inside their own countries or to neighboring countries. Or Europe. But I would rather prefer Kerala than some cold Northern European country.:D At least for holiday! Arabs and other Semites (Assyrians, Jews, Chaldeans etc. etc.) have fund memories of Kerala and India as a friendly place of trade and settlement occasionally.

@al-Hasani

Take a break a listen to some Bakistani music habibi:

Very nice, Razpak. Did he sing that song in Punjabi? Or what language is it?:)

Wow, Bravo @al-Hasani
How did you find all these high quality awesome photos?

You are very welcome, bro.

From Flickr mainly and Arab forums. There are a lot of talented photographers on Flickr that have visited the Arab world. Locals and non-locals. So there are a lot of photos and many of the areas in the Arab world are world famous tourist attractions so there are many photos out there. It's harder to find photos form less known/popular areas but the locals take care of that mostly but the equipment they use is not always the best. Most of the photos are of good quality but it also took me a long time to find quality photos because not all of them are that. Some are also old and taken with outdated cameras. I also like photography and I am a amateur photographer in private, LOL.

Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

:D

Back
Top Bottom