What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@rmi5

You see, I constantly sticked to facts in that debate while the Farsi users were inventing historical lies. They can't stand the truth. Either the pre-Islamic or Islamic one. They even deny that a famine between 1917-1919 killed 40% of their population despite Iranian authors etc. describing it in Farsi language and despite international sources saying the same. Yet they initially had the audacity to talk about lack of food in the Arab world despite the Arab world producing 5-10 times as much food as Iran if not more and KSA not having suffered from any famines in recent times.:disagree:

فراهان آنلاین - کشته شدن10 میلیون نفر و قحطی سال ۱۲۹۸–۱۲۹۶ ایران

http://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/قحطی_سال_۱۲۹۸–۱۲۹۶_ایران

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

مرکز اسناد انقلاب اسلامی - Exploring Great Britain’s role in Great Famine in Iran during World War part 1

Amazon.com: The Great Famine & Genocide in Iran: 1917-1919 (9780761861676): Mohammad Gholi Majd: Books

List of famines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway Webby banned @Safavid empire after I wrote to him and showed him plenty of evidence of him being a serial double user. I have it stored for future use as well should he reappear. We tried the diplomatically way and even I made attempts of making peace (which succeeded) until he reappeared again with a new user trolling like his old self. What to do then?!

Last edited:
@rmi5

You see. I constantly sticked to facts in that debate while the Farsi users were inventing historical lies. They can't stand the truth. Either the pre-Islamic or Islamic one. They even deny that a famine between 1917-1919 killed 40% of their population despite Iranian authors etc. describing it in Farsi language and despite international sources saying the same.

مرکز اسناد انقلاب اسلامی - Exploring Great Britain’s role in Great Famine in Iran during World War part 1

Amazon.com: The Great Famine & Genocide in Iran: 1917-1919 (9780761861676): Mohammad Gholi Majd: Books

@rmi5

You see. I constantly sticked to facts in that debate while the Farsi users were inventing historical lies. They can't stand the truth. Either the pre-Islamic or Islamic one. They even deny that a famine between 1917-1919 killed 40% of their population despite Iranian authors etc. describing it in Farsi language and despite international sources saying the same.

I know that saving face is somewhat an ME trait but the Persians seem to take it to new standards.

Bro, Farsis are throughly brainwashed people. All they learn is to bash turks, europeans, ... in schools, and bash arabs through their opposition media in Los Angeles, and learning to mock pakistanis and hindis for being poor. Also, they think that they are german's cousins, and are the superior race. They are uneducated about their history, science, technology, and how to behave.
Talking with them is like trying to pierce a rock with water droplets. I don't have the required patience to talk with such bigots anymore. So, I mostly ignore their comments.
What's the point in talking with bigots?

@rmi5

You see, I constantly sticked to facts in that debate while the Farsi users were inventing historical lies. They can't stand the truth. Either the pre-Islamic or Islamic one. They even deny that a famine between 1917-1919 killed 40% of their population despite Iranian authors etc. describing it in Farsi language and despite international sources saying the same. Yet they initially had the audacity to talk about lack of food in the Arab world despite the Arab world producing 5-10 times as much food as Iran if not more and KSA not having suffered from any famines in recent times.:disagree:

Anyway Webby banned @Safavid empire after I wrote to him and showed him plenty of evidence of him being a serial double user. I have it stored for future use as well should he reappear. We tried the diplomatically way and even I made attempts of making peace (which succeeded) until he reappeared again with a new user trolling like his old self. What to do then?!
This was caused by the British I think???

Bro, Farsis are throughly brainwashed people. All they learn is to bash turks, europeans, ... in schools, and bash arabs through their opposition media in Los Angeles, and learning to mock pakistanis and hindis for being poor. Also, they think that they are german's cousins, and are the superior race. They are uneducated about their history, science, technology, and how to behave.
Talking with them is like trying to pierce a rock with water droplets. I don't have the required patience to talk with such bigots anymore. So, I mostly ignore their comments.
What's the point in talking with bigots?

I have noticed that. Their worst fear is educated ME people who are not Persians that can expose all their historical lies and telling them well-known facts concerning ancient Semitic civilizations in the ME long before anything called Iran existed, their heavy influence on the earliest Persian period in history (that began some 3000 years ago) or the Islamic history. I have noticed this fascination of anything German and nonsense claims about them being cousins etc. Every German would laugh at them, LOL, and I have seen this as well whenever such nonsense claims were put forward.

Whatever it is I will continue to counter their nonsense and stick to well-known historical facts that they will never be able to change. From Pre-Islamic, Islamic or even more recent times. But had they not had a fetish when it comes to interfering in the Arab world nobody would even discuss such things to begin with or even engage in debates with them.

This was caused by the British I think???

Iran was under British rule and occupation back then so yes it was a combination of that, lack of food etc. It's quite interesting how little publicity this has been given despite it taken place only 100 years ago.

It reminds me of this;

Holodomor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But even that is much more well-known.

Anyway you should know that I got no problem with Persians. It's just that they insult Arabs and Semitic peoples a lot and write nonsense. So of course we are forced to counter it. I never troll the Iranian section or start such discussions. It's always the same 5-6 Iranian users (all Persians).

The Iranian Arabs can behave, the Iranians of Azerbaijani background too. Turkmen Iranians too. I do not know what it is?

Anyway it would be good if we could have sane and interesting discussions instead of trolling and this type of nonsense discussions.

Trust me on this that there is no single insult in Arabic about Iranians in this thread. It contains 3000 posts. Iranian users have been welcome and also took part in discussions.

While you have told me that Persian users insult Arabs, Turks etc. in Farsi all the time on their section and we are not even there. The only Arab that ever writes on the Iranian section is @Full Moon and that is to counter nonsense.

@rmi5

Last edited:
:tup:

Dear @al-Hasani as mr. @rmi5 said unfortunately average online Iranians here, are lacking the basic abilities for a diplomatic, fruitful discussion, so it would be for the best of all not to engage them in any form of discussion at all.
Also I would like to point it out that neither it can be considered their fault, as they haven't been thought such fundamental skills, nor it would make any difference no matter how hard you ever try, cause they are already biased into the very point that it could not be undone on such a short period.

Last edited:
:tup:

Dear @al-Hasani as mr. @rmi5 said unfortunately average online Iranians here, are lacking the basic abilities for a diplomatic, fruitful discussion, so it would be for the best of all not to engage them in any form of discussion at all.
Also I would like to point it out that neither it can be considered their fault, as they haven't been thought such fundamental skills, nor it would make any difference no matter how hard you try, cause they are already biased into the point that it could not be undone on such a short period.

My problem is not that they write some historical nonsense to save face or want to deny Pre-Islamic or Islamic history. My main problem is that they are almost hellbent on starting silly discussions and provoking the Arab users here. Mostly people from the GCC. Nor do I understand why they feel the need to insult Arabs and Turks in Farsi language or on the Iranian section. Let me tell you that many Arabs can understand much of Farsi written language because of the shared alphabet and thousands of words in Farsi language of Arabic origin.

We have no problem with admitting short-comings although probably more than any non-ME people but some Iranians take it to the extreme.

In this case I provided Iranian authors (historians) and their work, Farsi sources, English sources etc. Yet the reply was that 100 million Arabs got killed yesterday and that it was nonsense.

You see our regimes (Arab and Iranian regime) might have a problem with each other but most of the 500 million Arabs have no problem with Persians let alone Iranians. Moreover most of the Arab world is located far away from Iran so they are not even really part of it unless they just hear that Persians hate Arabs.

It would be good if people could discuss normally but it seems impossible for some.

I have noticed that. Their worst fear is educated ME people who are not Persians that can expose all their historical lies and telling them well-known facts concerning ancient Semitic civilizations in the ME long before anything called Iran existed, their heavy influence on the earliest Persian period in history (that began some 3000 years ago) or the Islamic history. I have noticed this fascination of anything German and nonsense claims about them being cousins etc. Every German would laugh at them, LOL, and I have seen this as well whenever such nonsense claims were put forward.

Whatever it is I will continue to counter their nonsense and stick to well-known historical facts that they will never be able to change. From Pre-Islamic, Islamic or even more recent times. But had they not had a fetish when it comes to interfering in the Arab world nobody would even discuss such things to begin with or even engage in debates with them.

Iran was under British rule and occupation back then so yes it was a combination of that, lack of food etc. It's quite interesting how little publicity this has been given despite it taken place only 100 years ago.

It reminds me of this;

Holodomor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But even that is much more well-known.

Anyway you should know that I got no problem with Persians. It's just that they insult Arabs and Semitic peoples a lot and write nonsense. So of course we are forced to counter it. I never troll the Iranian section or start such discussions. It's always the same 5-6 Iranian users (all Persians).

The Iranian Arabs can behave, the Iranians of Azerbaijani background too. Turkmen Iranians too. I do not know what it is?

Anyway it would be good if we could have sane and interesting discussions instead of trolling and this type of nonsense discussions.

Trust me on this that there is no single insult in Arabic about Iranians in this thread. It contains 3000 posts. Iranian users have been welcome and also took part in discussions.

While you have told me that Persian users insult Arabs, Turks etc. in Farsi all the time on their section and we are not even there. The only Arab that ever writes on the Iranian section is @Full Moon and that is to counter nonsense.

@rmi5

Well, when oil was discovered in Iran, Qajar turks were ruling in Iran. after oil was discovered in Iran, Britain got interested to have more privileges in Iranian oil since the amount of the discovered oil was far beyond their expectation in which it was denied by Qajars, and Qajars did not accept to change the old contract. Hence they tried to influence the constitution movement by paying money to Farsi and Lur tribes in central and southern regions to revolt against Qajars. Yet Qajars did not accept their greediness, hence britains used the WW1 as an opportunity and occupied Iran. During this time, they literally plundered Iran which resulted in big famine. After they emptied all money, golds, ... in Iran, they did hand the power to Pahlavi dynasty. Reza shah, in a comical gesture, and story, first in a fakery fashion abolished old oil deal, then accepted the deal that britains wanted to be signed for Iranian oil. Of course Pahlavi regime did not want to put this info in the history books of Iran, neither mullahs who were allies with GB all the time.

Well, when oil was discovered in Iran, Qajar turks were ruling in Iran. after oil was discovered in Iran, Britain got interested to have more privileges in Iranian oil since the amount of the discovered oil was far beyond their expectation in which it was denied by Qajars, and Qajars did not accept to change the old contract. Hence they tried to influence the constitution movement by paying money to Farsi and Lur tribes in central and southern regions to revolt against Qajars. Yet Qajars did not accept their greediness, hence britains used the WW1 as an opportunity and occupied Iran. During this time, they literally plundered Iran which resulted in big famine. After they emptied all money, golds, ... in Iran, they did hand the power to Pahlavi dynasty. Reza shah, in a comical gesture, and story, first in a fakery fashion abolished old oil deal, then accepted the deal that britains wanted to be signed for Iranian oil. Of course Pahlavi regime did not want to put this info in the history books of Iran, neither mullahs who were allies with GB all the time.

Did Iran not rule Azerbaijan back then? The oilfields near Baku were world famous. They were important for the Soviets during WW2 as well and this was the main interest of Hitler when he invaded the Soviet Union. He wanted to control the oil fields in Azerbaijan. I must tell you that my mother visited Georgia and Azerbaijan in the late 1980's as a young woman and she told me some funny stories, LOL. It was when it was still the Soviet Union and she was one of the few tourists with a Western European passport. I remember her telling me about the task watermelons especially and her almost falling in love with some Azeri man, LOL.

I am not that well-versed in Iranian history but we should also be cautious about not acting like those 5-6 Persian users. There are good Persians on this forum.

Mate, how come the people of Iran accepted Reza Shah Pahlavi as their ruler? I mean he was not from any dynasty but just took power in 1925 and proclaimed himself a Shah? What was the opinion of the Qajar Dynasty or what about the Safavids? Do they still have descendants in Iran?

Is it correct that the Pahlavi family are from the Caspian region and originally non-Persians? Why was he so anti-non Persian then? I hear that the minorities had a hard time back then but not sure if this is true?

The eldest son of the late Shah seems very arrogant to me. He thinks that he is something special just because his grandfather proclaimed himself a Shah 89 years ago and now he thinks that he is an royal like the kings and queens of Europe!

The late Queen of Iran lives in Paris btw.

Last edited:
Did Iran not rule Azerbaijan back then?
No
The oilfields near Baku were world famous.
Yup, Baku alone was producing half of total oil production of the world for decades ;)
They were important for the Soviets during WW2 as well and this was the main interest of Hitler when he invaded the Soviet Union. He wanted to control the oil fields in Azerbaijan.
Yes, the main plan was defeating USSR close to Stalingrad, then go to Baku and capture oil fields.
I must tell you that my mother visited Georgia and Azerbaijan in the late 1980's as a young woman and she told me some funny stories, LOL. It was when it was still the Soviet Union and she was one of the few tourists with a Western European passport.
There was not much tourists during Soviet times, if there was any :lol: Soviets had very harsh policies in such cases.
I remember her telling me about the task watermelons especially and her almost falling in love with some Azeri man, LOL.
:lol:
Mate, how come the people of Iran accepted Reza Shah Pahlavi as their ruler? I mean he was not from any dynasty but just took power in 1925 and proclaimed himself a Shah? What was the opinion of the Qajar Dynasty or what about the Safavids? Do they still have descendants in Iran?
Well, people were not much informed back then. elite were also from Qajar tribe, in which were militarily defeated by GB. So, they could not do much, specially by considering that Farsis were allies with GB. Ataturk proposed to send an army to help us, but Qajar king refused, since it would have initiate a long civil war between Azeris/Turkmens supported by Ataturk and probably Russians and Iranians(farsis/Lurs/Kurds) supported by GB, causing millions of death. Although, now, I think we were wrong, since after the stabilizing the situation, millions of people died out of famine or in political prisons of Reza Shah.
About Safavids, they were basically like the head of 12 Azeri tribes called Qizilbash. Qajars were one of these 12 tribes themselves. Yes, there are still many of these 12 tribes descendants. I, as a Qajar, know that our tribe has at least 20,000 members who live in Azerbaijan, Iran, USA, ... let alone Afshars who are much more bigger in size than us.
Is it correct that the Pahlavi family are from the Caspian region and originally non-Persians?
There are not much thing as Pahlavi tribe. Reza Shah was born in a stable and her mother was single parent to be polite ;) He joined military forces when he was a child and appointed to clean stables of dutch embassy in Tehran. Later got promoted as a soldier to guard German embassy door in Tehran. His forms of attending posts is still available in museums. In sum, His dad is suspected to be from Palani tribe, who were a kurdish tribe from West Kermanshah, and East Diyala in Iraq, who immigrated to South Caspian regions.

My problem is not that they write some historical nonsense to save face or want to deny Pre-Islamic or Islamic history. My main problem is that they are almost hellbent on starting silly discussions and provoking the Arab users here. Mostly people from the GCC. Nor do I understand why they feel the need to insult Arabs and Turks in Farsi language or on the Iranian section. Let me tell you that many Arabs can understand much of Farsi written language because of the shared alphabet and thousands of words in Farsi language of Arabic origin.
We have no problem with admitting short-comings although probably more than any non-ME people but some Iranians take it to the extreme.
In this case I provided Iranian authors (historians) and their work, Farsi sources, English sources etc. Yet the reply was that 100 million Arabs got killed yesterday and that it was nonsense.
You see our regimes (Arab and Iranian regime) might have a problem with each other but most of the 500 million Arabs have no problem with Persians let alone Iranians. Moreover most of the Arab world is located far away from Iran so they are not even really part of it unless they just hear that Persians hate Arabs.
It would be good if people could discuss normally but it seems impossible for some.
I'd rather not to speak about the specification of the discussion you have had with the guys, because I do really prefer not to even engage such discussions in this forum let alone reading the posts no matter Iranian or else.
In the preliminary stages of an addiction treatment process the first step for a candidate hophead would be to confess publicly that he admit being an addict or else the professionals would say that the treatment process has never been initiated.
Accordingly, it has been quoted from Confucius the great in his attributed texts of "Five classics" that for a fruitful discussion to be started, involved parties should first admit either they lack some understandings or they have some doubts that they hope to be covered in the discussion.
As neither of these initial conditions are satisfied in any of the discussions here on this forum I do strongly advise you not to enter such debates with those guys any more.

No

Yup, Baku alone was producing half of total oil production of the world for decades ;)

Yes, the main plan was defeating USSR close to Stalingrad, then go to Baku and capture oil fields.

There was not much tourists during Soviet times, if there was any :lol: Soviets had very harsh policies in such cases.

:lol:

Well, people were not much informed back then. elite were also from Qajar tribe, in which were militarily defeated by GB. So, they could not do much, specially by considering that Farsis were allies with GB. Ataturk proposed to send an army to help us, but Qajar king refused, since it would have initiate a long civil war between Azeris/Turkmens supported by Ataturk and probably Russians and Iranians(farsis/Lurs/Kurds) supported by GB, causing millions of death. Although, now, I think we were wrong, since after the stabilizing the situation, millions of people died out of famine or in political prisons of Reza Shah.
About Safavids, they were basically like the head of 12 Azeri tribes called Qizilbash. Qajars were one of these 12 tribes themselves. Yes, there are still many of these 12 tribes descendants. I, as a Qajar, know that our tribe has at least 20,000 members who live in Azerbaijan, Iran, USA, ... let alone Afshars who are much more bigger in size than us.

There are not much thing as Pahlavi tribe. Reza Shah was born in a stable and her mother was single parent to be polite ;) He joined military forces when he was a child and appointed to clean stables of dutch embassy in Tehran. Later got promoted as a soldier to guard German embassy door in Tehran. His forms of attending posts is still available in museums. In sum, His dad is suspected to be from Palani tribe, who were a kurdish tribe from West Kermanshah, and East Diyala in Iraq, who immigrated to South Caspian regions.

Ok, but did the Qajar or Safavid dynasties not rule what is now modern day Azerbaijan at some time? What I meant with "back then" was during the Qajar times. I know that the Russian Empire first really got involved in Caucasus 150 years ago so very recently if you look at history in its entirety.

Yes, it was quite impressive. I have read something similar once too.

Yes, my mother also travelled through Poland to Moscow and thereon to Batumi, Tbilisi and Baku. So not directly from Western Europe. The watermelons are apparently quite famous or were in the Soviet Union. Most came from Caucasus or Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan).

Back then most ME people were illiterate.;) Many are still today despite not being illiterate in reality but more brain damaged.:lol:

Very interesting indeed. Did the Safavids, when removed from power, not try to recapture the throne?

Yes, I know that it is just a family name I was just referring to their origin. Because Iran is a very diverse country and it surprises me that they were so anti non-Persian (apparently) if they themselves belonged to a minority in Iran.

Aha, so they are a Kurdish family. Interesting.

Thank you as usual my friend.

@New where are you from in Iran if I may ask and how is life in Iran right now? Is the country slowly trying to open up?

Ok, but did the Qajar or Safavid dynasties not rule what is now modern day Azerbaijan at some time? What I meant with "back then" was during the Qajar times. I know that the Russian Empire first really got involved in Caucasus 150 years ago so very recently if you look at history in its entirety.

Yes, it was quite impressive. I have read something similar once too.

Yes, my mother also travelled through Poland to Moscow and thereon to Batumi, Tbilisi and Baku. So not directly from Western Europe. The watermelons are apparently quite famous or were in the Soviet Union. Most came from Caucasus or Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan).

Back then most ME people were illiterate.;) Many are still today despite not being illiterate in reality but more brain damaged.:lol:

Very interesting indeed. Did the Safavids, when removed from power, not try to recapture the throne?

Yes, I know that it is just a family name I was just referring to their origin. Because Iran is a very diverse country and it surprises me that they were so anti non-Persian (apparently) if they themselves belonged to a minority in Iran.

Aha, so they are a Kurdish family. Interesting.

Thank you as usual my friend.

@New where are you from in Iran if I may ask and how is life in Iran right now? Is the country slowly trying to open up?

Well, we fought three times against Russians.
1) 1796: Qajars defeated Russians and captured Georgia.
* which this war is removed from history books of Iran, since qajar Turks won the battle. ;)
2)1804-1813: Russians gained Georgia and north Azerbaijan.
3)1826-1828 The wars got terminated without success, and Qajars did not reclaim North Azerbaijan again.

So, at the time you mentioned, North Azerbaijan was part of Russia/USSR

Well, after Safavids, the power transfer to Afshars(A Qizilbash tribe) after some minor revolts caused by Afghans, and then transfer to Qajars(Another Qizilbash tribe), after another revolts in Southern region by Lurs, called Zand family.

So Basically, Safavids and their Qizilbash allies have rules iran up to Pahlavi(Palani) dynasty.

No problem, bro ;)

Let me tell you a thing. Most of the Iranians that settled in the Arab world (mainly Iraq and the Arabian Peninsula - mostly Eastern Arabia) were Persians from nearby Southern Iran and then Iranian Arabs but also LURS who I think are an interesting people that not many know about.

In the GCC those people are called Hola and there are many prominent families so there are quite a few people who have Arab and Persian/Lur/Iranian Arab ancestry. Also Afro-Persians.

Hola (ethnic group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In fact did you know that Eastern Africa, Horn of Africa, Swahili coastline (itself an Arabic word) was ruled by many centuries by Arabs (also Portuguese for a short period and British) and most famously the Omani Sultanate? Interestingly a few hundred/thousand Iranians from Southern Iran (Shiraz, Bushehr, Bandar Abbas etc. mainly from what I remember) settled in Zanzibar etc. too. The last Sultan of Zanzibar (from the Omani royal family) was deposed in 1964 and most Omani Arab advisers/residents were killed.

Zanzibar Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway many of the locals have Arab ancestry, Arabic is still the language of trade for the upper classes, there are Arab influences all over and Swahili language itself contains the most Arab words from any foreign language. They also used the Arabic alphabet at one time. Unfortunately there were also bad history such as the Arab Slave trade which in retro-perspective was a very wrong thing although common back then.

My question is if any Iranian Azerbaijanis also traveled that far away? What are the relations between Iranian Arabs and Azeris? Are they good?

In the Arab world many of the about 2-3 million Turkmens in total in Iraq and Syria have Azerbaijani background it has been said. Not from Turkmenistan actually.

So it seems to me that Arabs and Persians can work together.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom