سيف ولا اروع من البدع للسيوف
by @المهاجر@, on Flickr

خنجر من البدع للسيوف
by @المهاجر@, on Flickr

1vcmpxb.jpg

eardagger1.jpg

OSddW3G.jpg

Simply stunning. Nothing else to say.

Never seen such a balanced blade ....guys any idea which arab tribe own this sword and design
PC103962.JPG

Sword breaker near grip.

Never seen such a balanced blade ....guys any idea which arab tribe own this sword and design
PC103962.JPG

Sword breaker near grip.

That is a Moroccan Nimcha sword that is also used in Western Algeria. Its origins can be traced to the Banu Sulaym, Banu Hilal and other Arab tribes migrations to Maghreb. It is part of the wider family of scimitar and saif swords in the Arab world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimcha

Historically each province and historical region in every Arab country had its own distinctive swords and traditions related to this field such as sword fighting techniques. Sometimes those differences could be seen depending on the tribe and clan even. In Arab societies were tribalism still plays a role this distinction can be seen to this very day, mainly in Arabia, Iraq and Sham.
However naturally swords, daggers and sword craftsmanship only play a ceremonial role and serve as a tradition that sadly is slowly dying as swords naturally do not play the role they used to play before. 200 years ago for instance swords were essential weapons. Today not any longer obviously.

Nimcha:
nimcha-sword.jpg

344cend.jpg

Old Arabian daggers (Jambiya) (steel, gold, silver, ivory etc.)

Saudi Arabian dagger made out of silver.

Straight Omani Saif.

A Saudi Arabian royal guardsman:

An old Arabian sword from Saudi Arabia once given to a former King of Afghanistan, now auctioned off for millions in the West.

https://mz-mz.net/217325/

Amazing swordsmithing, wealth and attention to detail. I am grateful for inheriting similar very old swords and daggers. Would never sell them.

Last edited:
Most executioners in KSA (if not practically all of them) are Afro-Arabs and it is a profession that is usually inherited. A bit like how it was in France until the 1970's and other countries.

Most executions in KSA nowadays are executions by shooting. Depending on the verdict of the judge.

The swords used for executions are called "Jowhar" or "Qaridha".

Old clip of the senior executioner in KSA Abdallah al-Bishi.

This clip is almost 15 years old.

1.7 milion views (!)

A Jowhar sword will cut your entire body in a half with a not too strong swift! That's how sharp it is.

@SALMAN F

:eek:

Honestly speaking, while bloody, execution by sword is one of the least painful, one of the quickest and cheapest methods of execution. Also scares people off. Historically also a noble method of execution reserved for royalty and nobility in most cultures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decapitation

Let "human rights crybabies" cry. As long as capital punishment is a legal sentence in KSA, decapitation by a sword should be one of the methods. An execution of a criminal (murderer, terrorist, drug smuggler etc) is an execution regardless of what method. You can't and should not sugarcoat it.

Last edited:
Honestly speaking, while bloody, execution by sword is one of the least painful, one of the quickest and cheapest methods of execution. Also scares people off. Historically also a noble method of execution reserved for royalty and nobility in most cultures.

So you ready to try it out? :D

Jokes aside I'd prefer a gun shot to a sword ....

Btw, what purpose do these daggers serve historically ?

So you ready to try it out? :D

Jokes aside I'd prefer a gun shot to a sword ....

Btw, what purpose do these daggers serve historically ?

Bro, I think that I will skip but if I had to I want to imagine that I could do it, lol. Probably I could. Luckily it is not relevant in our modern-day era.

Actually in KSA both execution by shooting or sword is performed. Lately mostly shooting as swordsmen don't grow on the trees in year 2018.:D

They served as a weapon and decoration. It was once widespread across the entire Arab world. Nowadays it is mostly confined to Arabia (especially Yemen and Oman) but not only.

Bro, I think that I will skip but if I had to I want to imagine that I could do it, lol. Probably I could. Luckily it is not relevant in our modern-day era.

Actually in KSA both execution by shooting or sword is performed. Lately mostly shooting as swordsmen don't grow on the trees in year 2018.:D

They served as a weapon and decoration. It was once widespread across the entire Arab world. Nowadays it is mostly confined to Arabia (especially Yemen and Oman) but not only.

I meant are you ready to get beheaded by sword, since you said its most painless form of execution, LOL. It's a joke obviously. However, I'd like to think it is more painful than firing squad.

Yeah you don't see daggers in many places, I always thought of them as just decorative items. Except in some old video games I used to play. :D

I meant are you ready to get beheaded by sword, since you said its most painless form of execution, LOL. It's a joke obviously. However, I'd like to think it is more painful than firing squad.

Yeah you don't see daggers in many places, I always thought of them as just decorative items. Except in some old video games I used to play. :D

:lol:

Well, I rather have my beautiful head cut off with a similarly beautiful and majestic Arabian sword by one clean swift
than being strapped to a gurney and having various chemicals injected into my bloodstream and in a worst case scenario waiting several minutes (average is above 10 minutes if I am not wrong) for the "final goodbye".

However ideally I think that I would skip altogether.:enjoy:

I think that Arab Sheikhs wear them as decoration at special events to this day from Morocco to Palestine.:cheers:

This is a beautiful Palestinian Jambiya.

This Jambiya style dagger is Arab / Palestinian with strong Syrian influence, probably from the northern areas of Israel, early to mid 20 C. Curved blade 7 ½ inches long, of flat diamond cross section. I shaped horn grip with white metal mounts. Wood scabbard with engraved white metal mounts. Total length 13 ½ inches. Very good condition.

http://www.oriental-arms.co.il/item.php?id=4383

Another one.

Description.

This dagger is a common side arm of the Palestinian Arabs residing in the northern areas of Israel. Curved steel blade 7 inches long of a flat diamond cross section. Handle and scabbard are covered with a silver (low grade) nicely engraved and chased. Total length 12 inches. Very good condition. This is a far better exemplar than similar items commonly found on the market.

http://www.oriental-arms.com/item.php?id=2496

A few other ones.

9998654253.jpg

https://www.alwatanvoice.com/arabic/news/2015/11/22/818028.html

:enjoy:

@SALMAN F @Malik Alashter @OutOfAmmo

I am interested in Arabian swords, daggers etc. and swordsmithing as can be seen.:D

Is it true that the Dulaimis are still producing the best swords in Iraq?:sniper:

:lol:

Well, I rather have my beautiful head cut off with a similarly beautiful and majestic Arabian sword by one clean swift
than being strapped to a gurney and having various chemicals injected into my bloodstream and in a worst case scenario waiting several minutes (average is above 10 minutes if I am not wrong) for the "final goodbye".

However ideally I think that I would skip altogether.:enjoy:

I think that Arab Sheikhs wear them as decoration at special events to this day from Morocco to Palestine.:cheers:

This is a beautiful Palestinian Jambiya.

This Jambiya style dagger is Arab / Palestinian with strong Syrian influence, probably from the northern areas of Israel, early to mid 20 C. Curved blade 7 ½ inches long, of flat diamond cross section. I shaped horn grip with white metal mounts. Wood scabbard with engraved white metal mounts. Total length 13 ½ inches. Very good condition.

http://www.oriental-arms.co.il/item.php?id=4383

Another one.

Description.

This dagger is a common side arm of the Palestinian Arabs residing in the northern areas of Israel. Curved steel blade 7 inches long of a flat diamond cross section. Handle and scabbard are covered with a silver (low grade) nicely engraved and chased. Total length 12 inches. Very good condition. This is a far better exemplar than similar items commonly found on the market.

http://www.oriental-arms.com/item.php?id=2496

A few other ones.

9998654253.jpg

https://www.alwatanvoice.com/arabic/news/2015/11/22/818028.html

:enjoy:

@SALMAN F @Malik Alashter @OutOfAmmo

I am interested in Arabian swords, daggers etc. and swordsmithing as can be seen.:D

Is it true that the Dulaimis are still producing the best swords in Iraq?:sniper:
I don't know but I know that that najaf and al khadimiyah are famous for blacksmiths and goldsmith specially doing arts of swords,guns and rifles

First picture is polish saber szabla and the others are the turkish kilij. The polish sword is based on the turkish kilij
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Circassian cossack shashka saber sword

Cossack shashka skills

@Saif al-Arab

Back
Top Bottom