What's new

Arabian/Arab swords and daggers

This reminds me, a Jordanian company made a modern combat knife based off of an Arab dagger.
Damascus steel
5ae439438347eOptimized-037A4715.jpg

Standard steel.
5ae433d9d0311Optimized-037A4677.jpg

It is becoming standard issue I think. Modern take on a old, but good design.

This reminds me, a Jordanian company made a modern combat knife based off of an Arab dagger.
Damascus steel
5ae439438347eOptimized-037A4715.jpg

Standard steel.
5ae433d9d0311Optimized-037A4677.jpg

It is becoming standard issue I think. Modern take on a old, but good design.

Jordanian Arab swords and daggers.

I think the Bedouins of Petra and Wadi Rum and certain Royal guard regiments wear ceremonial Arabian daggers.

They seem much smaller in size though than what is found in Southern KSA, Yemen and Oman.

Jordanian Arab swords and daggers.

I think the Bedouins of Petra and Wadi Rum and certain Royal guard regiments wear ceremonial Arabian daggers.

They seem much smaller in size though than what is found in Southern KSA, Yemen and Oman.

Much easier to conceal, and much easier to wield for inexperienced people imo.

Much easier to conceal, and much easier to wield for inexperienced people imo.

Such smaller daggers are also found in neighboring Hijaz. Since Jordanians are more or less the same people, this is not strange.

Love the outfit of the Jordanian Royal Guards. Keeping it traditional.

Such smaller daggers are also found in neighboring Hijaz. Since Jordanians are more or less the same people, this is not strange.

Love the outfit of the Jordanian Royal Guards. Keeping it traditional.
Many of the members of the army are Palestinian though. Have you noticed some Palestinians call themselves Jordanian instead of Palestinian?

Also, I saw your conversation with OsmanAli. I don't think Arab woman should marry non-Arab men if they are concerned about their culture. I grew up as an Arab because my father is Arab, the same can't be said about Arabs with Arab mothers and non-Arab parents. Yemenis are a very weird case here though.

Many of the members of the army are Palestinian though. Have you noticed some Palestinians call themselves Jordanian instead of Palestinian?

Also, I saw your conversation with OsmanAli. I don't think Arab woman should marry non-Arab men if they are concerned about their culture. I grew up as an Arab because my father is Arab, the same can't be said about Arabs with Arab mothers and non-Arab parents. Yemenis are a very weird case here though.

I know that. Well, those with Jordanian citizenship, I imagine do. In any case there is not much difference between Palestinians, Jordanians and Hijazis.

Not sure what discussion you are referring to here, bro. Every individual should marry (this includes Arab women) the person they want to marry. However if Arabs constantly married foreigners (male and female), Arabs would no longer be Arabs. Not that this will ever (even remotely) be a problem but occasional mixing is fine and even good but not constant and not at the expense of your identity, culture etc.

I have noticed that people with Arab mothers also tend to identify strongly with their Arab part. I think this is normal given the natural "strength/influence" of Arab culture and the fact that Arab mothers tend to emphasize the cultural aspect and are usually brought up in close-knitted families where Arab traditions and culture is passed on.

In any case we are off-topic but since we are off-topic, just out of pure curiosity, where in Jordan is your father from and did you ever learn about his family background as in clan/tribe?

I know that. Well, those with Jordanian citizenship, I imagine do. In any case there is not much difference between Palestinians, Jordanians and Hijazis.

Not sure what discussion you are referring to here, bro. Every individual should marry (this includes Arab women) the person they want to marry. However if Arabs constantly married foreigners (male and female), Arabs would no longer be Arabs. Not that this will ever (even remotely) be a problem but occasional mixing is fine and even good but not constant and not at the expense of your identity, culture etc.

I have noticed that people with Arab mothers also tend to identity strongly with their Arab part. I think this is normal given the natural "strength/influence" of Arab culture and the fact that Arab mother's tend to emphasize the cultural aspect and are usually brought up in close-knitted families where Arab traditions and culture is passed on.

In any case we are off-topic but since we are off-topic, just out of pure curiosity, where in Jordan is your father from and did you ever learn about his family background?
I was told he was from Karak but I can't confirm that too well since it wasn't from him directly. He is pretty lightskin Jordanian which is unusual but I suspect his mother was a mix of something other than Arab. Other than that, no. I suspect I look more Arab(Western views) because my mother was half Sardanian and as dark as some Hijazi Arabs.
Like this...
52079.jpg

I was told he was from Karak but I can't confirm that too well since it wasn't from him directly. He is pretty lightskin Jordanian which is unusual but I suspect his mother was a mix of something other than Arab. Other than that, no. I suspect I look more Arab(Western views) because my mother was half Sardanian and as dark as some Hijazi Arabs.
Like this...
52079.jpg

Do you not have any contact with your father? I would advice you to ask him and get in touch with his side of the family if you have not already. You are missing out on tons.

Al-Karak is a beautiful city. He is probably either a part of the Al-Ghassasinah, Al-Majali, Tarawneh or Saraieh tribe. Or the Ghassanid and their clans.

There is no difference (appearance wise) between the average Hijazi (Hijazi of Arab origin that is, Hijaz is one of the most cosmopolitan areas of the Muslim world) and the average Arab of Sham, in particular Southern and central Sham. In fact the vast majority of Shami Arabs are of Hijazi origins. Hijazis are pretty much the universal "Arab look" (olive-skin and Arab features) if you can say that.

Many Southern Europeans can easily pass as Arabs. That Sardinian girl that you posted looks Gypsy. Not much Arab about her look.

I think this is more representative for the average Sardinian girl:

Which is not really much apart from the average Hijazi, Jordanian or Arab girl for that matter.

Have in mind that being tanned while out in the sun changes your appearance.

Anyway I prefer olive-skinned and the darker Arab girls and girls in general over the pale lot which I find unattractive.

Do you not have any contact with your father? I would advice you to ask him and get in touch with his side of the family if you have not already. You are missing out on tons.

Al-Karak is a beautiful city. He is probably either a part of the Al-Ghassasinah, Al-Majali, Tarawneh or Saraieh tribe. Or the Ghassanid and their clans.

There is no difference (appearance wise) between the average Hijazi (Hijazi of Arab origin that is, Hijaz is one of the most cosmopolitan areas of the Muslim world) and the average Arab of Sham, in particular Southern and central Sham. In fact the vast majority of Shami Arabs are of Hijazi origins. Hijazis are pretty much the universal "Arab look" (olive-skin and Arab features) if you can say that.

Many Southern Europeans can easily pass as Arabs. That Sardinian girl that you posted looks Gypsy. Not much Arab about her look.

I dont mean she is Arab but I am saying that the skin color balanced out compared to my half-white and half Arab relatives that are from "whiter" places like Scandinavia. What gene gave that girl those light color eyes?

Yes, my father is very lightskin but has turned very Red from the sun. I look more like a Lebanese man that a Jordanian tbh.
My features are like this except the eyes and hair and eyebrows.
sexiest_arab_man.jpg

Back
Top Bottom