What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

I am doing well brother. They are mostly fine it seems. How about yours? Stay safe man. Our regions are about to explode. I have a bad feeling about the future if changes do not arrive.:(

Yes and yes.:D

I have problems with the mentions too so don't worry. Good that you are well. How is the weather in Dubai right now? Here in Copenhagen it's still relatively warm for the season but in 2-3 weeks it will change. In 1-1.5 months Winter will be coming.:(
Its hot here and all that we hv done in our eid holidays is to utilise the pool well. In fact I felt like adding a few buckets of ice cubes to it.
But some call this weather pleasant because it feels much better than July. :lol:

So what's the grasshopper planning for winters?? It must be a freezing winter in Copenhagen Isn't it??

Its hot here and all that we hv done in our eid holidays is to utilise the pool well. In fact I felt like adding a few buckets of ice cubes to it.
But some call this weather pleasant because it feels much better than July. :lol:

So what's the grasshopper planning for winters?? It must be a freezing winter in Copenhagen Isn't it??

It's about 35-40 Celsius degrees during the day right? That's not THAT bad. But you are speaking with a Makkawi who also happens to like hot/warm weather and plenty of sunshine. Having lived for years in Europe has made me appreciate the hot/warm weather and most of all the sunshine. Sunshine is life if you ask me. Try living here during winter. You would suffer from a Winter depression in only a matter of weeks. It's HORRIBLE here. If there were mountains and sunshine during Winter here it would be tolerable and even fun I supposed but this is flat land and moreover a capital city. France is much, much better in this department. You always have the Alps nearby. From here you need to go all the way to Norway to see real mountains, LOL. Or the Alps.

You are talking about swimming pools. Man, I envy you.

It's actually not that cold. 15-18 Celsius degrees and sunshine. For October this is considered very good weather. Normally it's about 12-15 Celsius degrees and rain/wind.:(

Jeddah has a pretty nice climate. Abha, Al-Baha, Ta'if even better in KSA but those are not coastal towns but mountain towns.

Anyway the weather on the Arabian Peninsula is lovely during "winter, spring and late autumn". Really ideal. Neither too cold or too hot. During July, August and much of September it's hot. Kuwait and Southern Iraq being the hottest closely followed by areas along the Gulf. I have heard that Kuwait is especially hot. No wonder that the locals escape during the summer months.:lol: But everything is air conditioned from the cars, shops, restaurants and sometimes even streets that it's not really that much of a problem. The days are not that long either for us people that do not like to wake up too early. As soon as the sun is gone even the summers are quite tolerable on the Arabian Peninsula. You often have big differences between nights and days in terms of temperature. I mean in the interior not so much coastal cities. Another feature that not all know about.

Last edited:
Hi brother, thanks, I am fine.what about you?
BTW, your eid al adzha Mubarak ;)

You are right mate. I tend to stick to Shisha and my Arabic coffee. This is my drug/fuel.

You too.

Greetings to you as well @levina . Saw you in another thread but did not want to spam it. Hope you are doing well too.

How are you doing mate? Is everything well academically and otherwise?

@IbnTaymiyyah

You too. What happened with @Hazzy997 ? Another Hamas argument or what?:lol: Man, PDF really brings the worst in us all sometimes.:lol: Me included.

It's about 35-40 Celsius degrees during the day right? That's not THAT bad. But you are speaking with a Makkawi who also happens to like hot/warm weather and plenty of sunshine. Having lived for years in Europe has made me appreciate the hot/warm weather and most of all the sunshine. Sunshine is life if you ask me.
Indeed!!
l hate monsoons as it's cloudy,grey & depressing.I hate it when I see the grey colour all around.I'm like a cold blooded animal who likes warmer climate.But it's really hot outside these days.I think in another week or so temperatures would dip more and then it will be very pleasant climate here. :-)

al-Hasani said:
Try living here during winter. You would suffer from a Winter depression in only a matter of weeks. It's HORRIBLE here. If there were mountains and sunshine during Winter here it would be tolerable and even fun I supposed but this is flat land and moreover a capital city. France is much, much better in this department. You always have the Alps nearby. From here you need to go all the way to Norway to see real mountains, LOL. Or the Alps.
alps remind me of some scenic pics that I've seen. :)
But I'd hate to imagine the temp.:fie:

Al-Hassani said:
You are talking about swimming pools. Man, I envy you.
Haha!

al-Hasani said:
It's actually not that cold. 15-18 Celsius degrees and sunshine. For October this is considered very good weather. Normally it's about 12-15 Celsius degrees and rain/wind.:(
To me anything below 20 is cold.Lol
But Al-Hasani you must've adapted well to both extreme heat & cold.Isnt it?

al-Hasani said:
Jeddah has a pretty nice climate. Abha, Al-Baha, Ta'if even better in KSA but those are not coastal towns but mountain towns.
My dad was in Jeddah last year and he found that place colder than other places he visited in KSA.
I do want to visit KSA once.
al-Hasani said:
Anyway the weather on the Arabian Peninsula is lovely during "winter, spring and late autumn". Really ideal. Neither too cold or too hot. During July, August and much of September it's hot. Kuwait and Southern Iraq being the hottest closely followed by areas along the Gulf. I have heard that Kuwait is especially hot. No wonder that the locals escape during the summer months.:lol: But everything is air conditioned from the cars, shops, restaurants and sometimes even streets that it's not really that much of a problem. The days are not that long either for us people that do not like to wake up too early.
You're right Kuwait's temperature swings to both the extremes.I remember freezing under the Kuwait towers because it was a breezy December nite.
I find UAE's winters 're not as cold as Kuwait's.Just a shawl or a single cardigan is enough to keep you warm.

al-Hasani said:
As soon as the sun is gone even the summers are quite tolerable on the Arabian Peninsula. You often have big differences between nights and days in terms of temperature. I mean in the interior not so much coastal cities. Another feature that not all know about.
You know when I was in Rajasthan (part of Thar desert on Indian side), I used to find the summer nights very pleasant.The locals there used to tell me that sand heats up quickly and cools equally faster, making the nights pleasant even during the scorching summers.
But because we live in a concrete jungle it's hot even at night.I'm sure that far away in the desert where there 're no buildings,it must be really pleasant at night. :-)

Hi brother, thanks, I am fine.what about you?
BTW, your eid al adzha Mubarak ;)

That's good to hear bro. Eid Mubarak to you and your loved ones as well. If you want to then please educate us how Eid al-Adha is celebrated in Azerbaijan in this thread below if it has any interest. I am a bit curious myself.:)

AID EL ADHA: BEST WISHES

Indeed!!
l hate monsoons as it's cloudy,grey & depressing.I hate it when I see the grey colour all around.I'm like a cold blooded animal who likes warmer climate.But it's really hot outside these days.I think in another week or so temperatures would dip more and then it will be very pleasant climate here. :-)

alps remind me of some scenic pics that I've seen. :)
But I'd hate to imagine the temp.:fie:

Haha!

To me anything below 20 is cold.Lol
But Al-Hasani you must've adapted well to both extreme heat & cold.Isnt it?

My dad was in Jeddah last year and he found that place colder than other places he visited in KSA.
I do want to visit KSA once.

You're right Kuwait's temperature swings to both the extremes.I remember freezing under the Kuwait towers because it was a breezy December nite.
I find UAE's winters 're not as cold as Kuwait's.Just a shawl or a single cardigan is enough to keep you warm.

You know when I was in Rajasthan (part of Thar desert on Indian side), I used to find the summer nights very pleasant.The locals there used to tell me that sand heats up quickly and cools equally faster, making the nights pleasant even during the scorching summers.
But because we live in a concrete jungle it's hot even at night.I'm sure that far away in the desert where there 're no buildings,it must be really pleasant at night. :-)

Yes, you know the climate of Dubai/coastal UAE better than me after all. I just know that the Winters, Autumn and Spring are lovely periods of the year.

Actually, although I am not a fan of cold weather, but a combination of sunshine and snowy mountains is actually awesome. The only disadvantage is that you need a lot of clothing.

The good thing about UAE and the Arabian Peninsula in general is that the days start really early while the sun descends rather early compared to elsewhere in the world.

Same here. I complain as soon as the temperature gets below 20 degrees Celsius but I am not like some of those Africans that you see who are freezing despite it being sunny and 20-25 degrees Celsius.:lol:
Yes, I have now become used to it and it's never really that cold here anyway. I mean compared to how Winters look elsewhere in Europe, Russia, Canada, remaining Scandinavia etc. The temperature during the few weeks where you have temperatures below 0 rarely get colder than -5 degrees Celsius during the day.

Jeddah has a climate influenced by the nearby Red Sea. It never gets too hot (rarely above 40 degrees Celsius) and very rarely below 20 degrees Celsius). Right now it's about 30-35 degrees Celsius which I consider as a good climate.

The coldest areas of KSA are the mountainous areas (KSA has some of the highest located towns on the planet actually but due to the altitude it's not as cold as other areas of similar elevation) such as Al-Baha, Abha, Ta'if etc. during summer and winter. They have a very pleasant climate. Just like Sana'a in Yemen for instance. In fact one of the most pleasant out there IMO. During Winter the coldest areas are the interior and the northern highlands/mountain ranges.

The coldest temperature recorded in KSA is -12 degree Celsius and it was recorded in Turaif. At least I know of no colder temperature.

Turaif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway unlike in UAE which is a small country compared to KSA you guys don't get those differences between the day and night in terms of temperatures like most of KSA gets. Actually very few cities in KSA retains their warm weather all year round. Makkah, Jeddah and a few Southern coastal cities being some of the few and Red Sea coastal cities.

That's good to hear bro. Eid Mubarak to you and your loved ones as well. If you want to then please educate us how Eid al-Adha is celebrated in Azerbaijan in this thread below if it has any interest. I am a bit curious myself.:)

Yes, you know the climate of Dubai/coastal UAE better than me after all. I just know that the Winters, Autumn and Spring are lovely periods of the year.

Actually, although I am not a fan of cold weather, but a combination of sunshine and snowy mountains is actually awesome. The only disadvantage is that you need a lot of clothing.

The good thing about UAE and the Arabian Peninsula in general is that the days start really early while the sun descends rather early compared to elsewhere in the world.

Same here. I complain as soon as the temperature gets below 20 degrees Celsius but I am not like some of those Africans that you see who are freezing despite it being sunny and 20-25 degrees Celsius.:lol:
Yes, I have now become used to it and it's never really that cold here anyway. I mean compared to how Winters look elsewhere in Europe, Russia, Canada, remaining Scandinavia etc. The temperature during the few weeks where you have temperatures below 0 rarely get colder than -5 degrees Celsius during the day.

Jeddah has a climate influenced by the nearby Red Sea. It never gets too hot (rarely above 40 degrees Celsius) and very rarely below 20 degrees Celsius). Right now it's about 30-35 degrees Celsius which I consider as a good climate.

The coldest areas of KSA are the mountainous areas (KSA has some of the highest located towns on the planet actually but due to the altitude it's not as cold as other areas of similar elevation) such as Al-Baha, Abha, Ta'if etc. during summer and winter. They have a very pleasant climate. Just like Sana'a in Yemen for instance. In fact one of the most pleasant out there IMO. During Winter the coldest areas are the interior and the northern highlands/mountain ranges.

The coldest temperature recorded in KSA is -12 degree Celsius and it was recorded in Turaif. At least I know of no colder temperature.

Anyway unlike in UAE which is a small country compared to KSA you guys don't get those differences between the day and night in terms of temperatures like most of KSA gets. Actually very few cities in KSA retains their warm weather all year round. Makkah, Jeddah and a few Southern coastal cities being some of the few and Red Sea coastal cities.
it is called gurban bayrami in Azerbaijan. People usually gather together and use colored bulbs to lighten streets. Also, meat foods, like kebab are cooked for several days starting the eid day and people distribute meats and meat foods for poor people.
I think it has many common elements with other Muslim countries.

Eid Mubarak @al-Hasani. Speaking of weather, I just love late fall and winter in Saudi Arabia (or at least in the Central and Eastern Parts of the country). The chill in the morning followed by the noon's warmth, then the chilly winds around sunset and late evening. It is a real break from our severe summers that make everybody frustrated.

And you are right, I used to complain so much about our weather (and still !) until I lived in the U.S for a while. Then, I started to take it a bit easy since the long winters are equally frustrating and like hot weather, force everything to be done indoor. But with winter you get snow and rain, therefore life upon the beginning of spring. Deserts' heat gives nothing in return for people's patience.

Last edited:
it is called gurban bayrami in Azerbaijan. People usually gather together and use colored bulbs to lighten streets. Also, meat foods, like kebab are cooked for several days starting the eid day and people distribute meats and meat foods for poor people.
I think it has many common elements with other Muslim countries.

This sounds very similar to how this is done here and the Muslim world overall. I imagine that people gather with family too, slaughter/sacrifice a lamb, goat, cow etc. too and otherwise met with family and do prayers in local mosques etc.? I really enjoy such religious holidays as this unites people under a common, in my eyes, beautiful occasion. Such religious festivals are always the joy of children and the poor.:)

Eid Mubarak @al-Hasani. Speaking of weather, I just love late fall and winter in Saudi Arabia (or at least in the Central and Eastern Parts of the country). The chill in the morning followed by the noon's warmth, then the chilly winds around sunset and late evening. It is a real break from our severe summers that make everybody frustrated.

And you are right, I used to complain so much about our weather (and still !) until I lived in the U.S for a while. Then, I started to take it a bit easy since the long winters are equally frustrating and like hot weather, force everything to be done indoor. But with winter you get snow and rain, therefore life upon the beginning of spring. Deserts' heat gives nothing in return for people's patience.

Eid Mubarak to you too mate. You are right. This is a lovely element of the weather in KSA. I am not sure if you are familiar with the Western part of the country (Hijaz) and the Southern parts of the country but this is also evident in all the mountainous areas of KSA which I believe have the best climate overall. Look at for instance at Al-Baha, Abha, Ta'if etc.

Al Bahah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ta'if - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you ever visited a desert/steppe/valley etc. during spring? It's beautiful. In some areas it last for months upon months.

2ca2e0c23282ce3aa4aa58d4da8e65e6.jpg

Yes, some of the weeks during summer can even get too hot for me. Especially in Najd and the Eastern Province. But honestly speaking who is really going out and doing physical work at the middle of the day? Even here in cold and small little Denmark far away north people don't tend to venture out during the middle of the day during the warmest days of the year. Let alone countries in Southern Europe (Siesta etc.). The benefit is once again that our days do start early and end relatively early compared to what is going on in Europe where the days are generally very long during the summer. As soon as the sun has descended I am fine even during the hottest days. It's just a question of becoming used to it, drinking enough of water and not going berserk and suddenly deciding to run a marathon.

Also at least the humidity is mostly not a problem in most of KSA. This is more a problem along the Gulf (coastal cities). I am not sure if you have been to South East Asia (Malaysia, Indonesia etc.) but there the humidity is insane and the temperatures are almost always above 30 celsius degrees during the entire year, INCLUDING, during the rainy season. That's maybe a bit too tiring.

Also did we ever touch upon the differences in temperature during the day and night in most of KSA during the Winter, Autumn and Spring? That's also a lovely aspect if you ask me. Back in the old days when small children caught a flu it was mostly due to that change in temperature and if the windows were open now it is due to the air-condition.:lol::)

Last edited:
This sounds very similar to how this is done here and the Muslim world overall. I imagine that people gather with family too, slaughter/sacrifice a lamb, goat, cow etc. too and otherwise met with family and do prayers in local mosques etc.? I really enjoy such religious holidays as this unites people under a common, in my eyes, beautiful occasion. Such religious festivals are always the joy of children and the poor.:)

Eid Mubarak to you too mate. You are right. This is a lovely element of the weather in KSA. I am not sure if you are familiar with the Western part of the country (Hijaz) and the Southern parts of the country but this is also evident in all the mountainous areas of KSA which I believe have the best climate overall. Look at for instance at Al-Baha, Abha, Ta'if etc.

Al Bahah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ta'if - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you ever visited a desert/steppe/valley etc. during spring? It's beautiful. In some areas it last for months upon months.

View attachment 111822

Yes, some of the weeks during summer can even get too hot for me. Especially in Najd and the Eastern Province. But honestly speaking who is really going out and doing physical work at the middle of the day? Even here in cold and small little Denmark far away north people don't tend to venture out during the middle of the day during the warmest days of the year. Let alone countries in Southern Europe (Siesta etc.). The benefit is once again that our days do start early and end relatively early compared to what is going on Europe where the days are generally very long during the summer. As soon as the sun has descended I am fine even during the hottest days. It's just a question of becoming used to it, drinking enough of water and not going berserk and suddenly deciding to run a marathon.

Also at least the humidity is mostly not a problem in most of KSA. This is more a problem along the Gulf (coastal cities). I am not sure if you have been to South East Asia (Malaysia, Indonesia etc.) but there the humidity is insane and the temperatures are almost always above 30 celsius degrees during the entire year, INCLUDING, during the rainy season. That's maybe a bit too tiring.

Also did we ever touch upon the differences in temperature during the day and night in most of KSA during the Winter, Autumn and Spring? That's also a lovely aspect if you ask me. Back in the old days when small children caught a flu it was mostly due to that change in temperature and if the windows were open now it is due to the air-condition.:lol::)
Yeah exactly. We usually gather at house of a senior member of family who have been in haj before, like grandfather and grand mother's house :)
This year I was invited in a eid party of my Turkish friends, and enjoyed food and baklava :D
There was also a really big ceremony in the mosque of our neighborhood.

Yeah exactly. We usually gather at house of a senior member of family who have been in haj before, like grandfather and grand mother's house :)
This year I was invited in a eid party of my Turkish friends, and enjoyed food and baklava :D
There was also a really big ceremony in the mosque of our neighborhood.

Thanks @rmi5 for sharing. Speaking of Eid, I know that the two Eids are celebrated and respected among Turks (whether in Turkey or else where). Does that include the Azris in Iran as well? I have always thought that the two Eids are not that important in Iran (especially Eid Al Adha "Qurban"). If I am not mistaken Norouz seems to have left no importance for other Eids (given the nationalistic element of it too). Is it true that the Norouz break is nearly 11-13 days, while the other two Eids are 1 day each?

Thanks @rmi5 for sharing. Speaking of Eid, I know that the two Eids are celebrated and respected among Turks (whether in Turkey or else where). Does that include the Azris in Iran as well? I have always thought that the two Eids are not that important in Iran (especially Eid Al Adha "Qurban"). If I am not mistaken Norouz seems to have left no importance for other Eids (given the nationalistic element of it too). Is it true that the Norouz break is nearly 11-13 days, while the other two Eids are 1 day each?
about the official calendar, yes, Islamic holidays are one day each and norouz is 13 days of the month of farvardin plus a few days of the month esfand.
About people, it depends. In Sunni or non-iranic regions, these two eid are no different from other Muslim countries, but for rest parts it's like how you described.

@al-Hasani Eid Mubarak bro :-)

I haven't talked to you in ages.

@levina Do you mean you hate the Monsoon in back in India? That's actually one of the things I miss from India.

about the official calendar, yes, Islamic holidays are one day each and norouz is 13 days of the month of farvardin plus a few days of the month esfand.
About people, it depends. In Sunni or non-iranic regions, these two eid are no different from other Muslim countries, but for rest parts it's like how you described.

Thanks for that little tidbit of information @rmi5

Hindus also finished their festival of Navratri lately. :)

@al-Hasani Eid Mubarak bro :-)

I haven't talked to you in ages.

@levina Do you mean you hate the Monsoon in back in India? That's actually one of the things I miss from India.

Thanks for that little tidbit of information @rmi5

Hindus also finished their festival of Navratri lately. :)

Thank you. Much appreciate. Yes, indeed. I have not spoken with some users that I held in high regard for months as well. Hope they are doing well.

I am all good and well. Enjoying the fact that I can afford to take it easy academically until tomorrow. So had a nice break due to Eid Al-Adha.

Happy Navratri.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom