What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Warning; A somewhat long post that I do not expect many to read but had to write it quickly anyway.

25 gold medals for the GCC in the Asian Games. If we were 1 country (which we basically are already on many fronts) this would mean a 5th place overall. This result means that we are the best compared to the population ratio per gold medal.
Despite investments in sports being horrible anywhere outside of Qatar and UAE and almost no participation from females! Not bad! This will only improve when more focus on sports, some stupid laws etc. change and even more impressive infrastructure begins to emerge.

Anyway it's only the Asian Games and few nations take such a tournament seriously and besides that China is dominating almost everything (understandable given their huge population, focus on sports etc.) with Japan and South Korea being 2 and 3. As usual.

What I don't understand is how bad KSA have suddenly become. I know that we unlike almost all other countries only have male participants almost but back in 2002 we won 7 gold medals and reached 11 spot "only" 4 medals behind 1.2 billion big India on the 7th spot. In 2006 8 gold medals and 13th place but "just" 3 gold medals from 6th place. 2010 was not that good either with only 5 gold medals and a 13th place. This year has been even worse. Anyway who gives a crap? It's the shitty Asian Games anyway if we look at it from an international perspective. It's the Olympic Games that matter and the GCC should improve strongly on that front and I hope this will happen in the upcoming years when we are going to host world events such as the World Cup in football (second biggest sport event in the world) and other world events. Many countries out there have proven that population numbers are not everything. It all goes down to investments, focus, no corruption, right infrastructure, training from the childhood etc.

Because if the GCC countries focused on certain sports we could dominate areas such as athletics and other sports were you need to be tall and physically strong as we are the tallest and biggest "Asians" on average. There are a lot of areas to improve.

The problem is that people only focus on football which the Arab countries in Asia already dominate together with Japan and South Korea both on an international level and club level. How the hell do you get people to become interested in small and rather "useless" sports like wrestling, fencing, shooting, canoeing (WTF), karate, archery and such sports that certain countries dominate and get over 50% of their medals from? I mean football is so much bigger than any other sport out there that this will be a very difficult process. Athletics are doing good though. This should become the area of "expertise" if you ask me. Also I am very pleased about the equestrian field but that is not so strange. Anyway it never hurts to become good at those small sports either.

I mean such a discipline like rowing, KSA, having one of the longest coastlines (tropical) that are ideal for rowing all year around, could have great results at if just there was focus on it which is non-existent.
I mean countries that are landlocked are winning medals in it. What stops KSA then? Or other GCC states? It's like that with most of the unpopular and smaller sports. They get no attention at all.

Also I want to see women performing on a much, much, much bigger scale. We are handicapped due to that. While other countries nearly get half of their medals because of their women we get 0. Time and time again.

Knowing the so-called "sports federations" etc. nothing will really happen. Unlike in other GCC states that have much, much smaller populations, potential etc. At least they are doing something from trying to host international sport events on a yearly basis to improving their own talents from a very young age. What is even worse is that becoming a sportsman is looked down upon as something useless and undesired. How many talents have been wasted due to that? Let alone the thousands upon thousands of talented women who never got the chance to compete?

You guys see the difference in terms of performances from Arabs competing in sports for countries in Europe, Northern and Southern Africa. There they become world stars but in their countries of origin they would have been unknown. Why? Because nobody cares about them. The whole system is pfucked up. Excuse my language.

Having said all that then Al-Hillal are in the AFC Champions League final where they are going to
met Western Sydney Wanderers. Mabrouk!

@Arabian Legend

Al-Shamrani is on fire in this years edition! He is too good for the Saudi Arabian league despite it being the best in Asia together with the Japanese league.

2014 AFC Champions League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rant over.

@Arabian Legend @JUBA @Yzd Khalifa @Frosty @Full Moon @Altamimi @Bubblegum Crisis @Rakan.SA @burning_phoneix @Arabi @Awadd @Mosamania @BLACKEAGLE @fahd tamimi @Tihamah

Last edited:
lol point well taken doc ... but what's the life without some fun.
Lets not derail the thread any further. just saw you on there so though about saying hi. good to see ya after a while. cheers :p:

You are right mate. I tend to stick to Shisha and my Arabic coffee. This is my drug/fuel.

You too.

Greetings to you as well @levina . Saw you in another thread but did not want to spam it. Hope you are doing well too.

When will @al-Hasani be un-banned? I think it's over a week that he is not around. :(

How are you doing mate? Is everything well academically and otherwise?

@IbnTaymiyyah

You too. What happened with @Hazzy997 ? Another Hamas argument or what?:lol: Man, PDF really brings the worst in us all sometimes.:lol: Me included.

You are right mate. I tend to stick to Shisha and my Arabic coffee. This is my drug/fuel.

You too.

Greetings to you as well @levina . Saw you in another thread but did not want to spam it. Hope you are doing well too.

everything is good at my end bruv .... .Eid mubarak.

eid-29.gif

You too.

@IbnTaymiyyah

You too. What happened with @Hazzy997 ? Another Hamas argument or what?:lol: Man, PDF really brings the worst in us all sometimes.:lol: Me included.
Back from your snooze mode?? :-)

At least you must hv celebrated your eid in peace. :)

@Hazzy997 is still hibernating it seems. :P

Btw I didn't get an alert for this mention.

Alhamdulilah .. im great my frnd how are you n family.....

I am doing well brother. They are mostly fine it seems. How about yours? Stay safe man. Our regions are about to explode. I have a bad feeling about the future if changes do not arrive.:(

Back from your snooze mode?? :-)

At least you must hv celebrated your eid in peace. :)

@Hazzy997 is still hibernating it seems. :P

Btw I didn't get an alert for this mention.

Yes and yes.:D

I have problems with the mentions too so don't worry. Good that you are well. How is the weather in Dubai right now? Here in Copenhagen it's still relatively warm for the season but in 2-3 weeks it will change. In 1-1.5 months Winter will be coming.:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom