What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

tariq+aziz.jpg

No I can’t read it.

Though, there are more Iranians then Saudis that read the Arabic script, that must mean a lot.

No gif is going to change the reality of that statement. So just drop it.

:lol:

What are you trying to say? Do you even know what you are writing? WTF?

@Hazzy997

I thought the serial troll Atatwolf was enough for today. I guess not. Goodnight.

Nothing to do with supremacism. What are you talking about? Who started to mention anything about the military sector? That's one tiny part of an economy. Besides Turkey is a NATO member and have been that since the end of WW2 nearly. They have been getting European help for decades while that could never be given to any Arab state for political reasons. So no wonder that they are ahead. It would be pathetic if they were not. But this is slowly changing which is positive. The economy is already very big and growing rapidly in the case of GCC and some other Arab states as well.

Besides the military sector is once again a small part of the economy. Also that's why being blessed with enormous natural resources is sometimes a curse rather than a blessing. It forces you to take the easy way out. But once again that approach is changing and we have seen signs of this.

You have been getting American & European help for decades.

??

You have been getting American & European help for decades.

??

Not even in the remotely same manner. Do you even know what it means to be a NATO member for the past 70 years nearly and what that means in terms of getting European help (real one) to become more self-sufficient?

Yet in reality that partial self-sufficiency is no rival to any of the world powers at all.

Which again leads us back to the fact that no ME country will be any global power at most a regional power which 3-4 countries already are. Unless the Arab world united into one federal state although that is highly unlikely and even then it would be little probable unless improvements on many fronts took place in decades from now on.

Not even in the remotely same manner. Do you even know what it means to be a NATO member for the past 70 years nearly and what that means in terms of getting European help (real one) to become more self-sufficient?
Means just as much as having that many resources & US/British support for decades, infact Iran never was NATO but in the 70’s they were more advanced then todays GCC. They were about to build 300 F16’s locally.

Now we are supposed to hear how great the GCC is yet they produce nothing, if abandoned by the US = doomed. oil was in the ground already. Your attempts to come with Iraq don’t work either, that state was ahead of all Arabs pre 1980, wars and sanctions explain the rest.

Which again leads us back to the fact that no ME country will be any global power at most a regional power which 3-4 countries already are. Unless the Arab world united into one federal state although that is highly unlikely and even there it would be little probable unless improvements on many fronts took place in decades from now on.
Unrealistic again.

Nonsense. Go study the region and the accuracy of the claims that you make.

Hence I am writing unrealistic. Do you actually read what is written?

Anyway don't worry about GCC. We are doing great on most fields and improving rapidly. Each year. In fact we have the by far biggest economy of the ME region and it is rapidly growing each year. More self-sufficiency and less reliance on natural resources is also seen by each year.

My bro @Yzd Khalifa can elaborate more on that.

Goodnight.

Nonsense. Go study the region and the accuracy of the claims that you make.

Hence I am writing unrealistic. Do you actually read what is written?

Anyway don't worry about GCC. We are doing great on most fields and improving rapidly. Each year. In fact we have the by far biggest economy of the ME region and it is rapidly growing each year. More self-sufficiency and less reliance on natural resources is also seen by each year.

My bro @@Yzd Khalifa can elaborate more on that.

Goodnight.

A few smilies here and there + Safavid jokes, i’m really waiting for such elaboration.

ي شباب العرب...كيف شافين مستقبلنا فل علام العربي؟ و لا قضية فلسطين؟

بدي احكي انو منا اسمع خبر عن جيوش العربية بنسطش عشان جيوش العربية مش امنظمين لا يدفعو عن بعض هما امنظمين لا يحطو الشعب في مكانهوم

شو رأيكم فل موضوع؟ بجد احنا ضعف فل عقل ول قوة و سلاحنا المفروض يكون ضد اسرايل و أمريكية

@Mahmoud_EGY @al-Hasani @Frogman @Hadbani @Tunisian Marine Corps @SALMAN AL-FARSI .....
رايى ان المنطقة كلها هتتغير فى المستقبل تحالفات جديدة و عدوات جديدة رايى كل واحد يشتغل فى مكانة و ان شاء اللة بكرا احسن

A few smilies here and there + Safavid jokes, i’m really waiting for such elaboration.

Stop trolling for once. @Yzd Khalifa is a good member. He will have all the links available for you that I don't keep a track off. I can post whole economic reports and prognosis of how the situation will look like in 2030 etc. but what is the point of that when you will not read it? Same with the non-natural resources sector.

The point is that you are trying to troll and spread negative energy when this thread does not promote this. RIGHT after a pointless debate started by a pointless serial troll just has ended. Do you not remember our debate the last time over PM? It seemed that we agreed from the beginning to the end.

You can keep making fun of the GCC, ME and the Arab world. How many times have you visited the region? Also what is the point of spreading negativity?

If you think that GCC are such laughable then what the hell do you say about Iraq? The country that you are not in touch with and sometimes make ignorant/wrong statements about as seen in previous debates.
Whatever it is better stop it. Not the thread for such discussions. We don't want to turn this into the Iranian Chit Chat thread were everybody is insulting each other due to ethnic groups, religion, politics etc. and that's only people from the same country.

Make a anti-GCC, anti-Arab and anti Sunni Muslim Arab whatever thread on the ME section. I am sure a lot of trolls will enjoy it. Just keep this thread clean. I suggest deleting all pointless debates, @WebMaster and appointing an Arab moderator for this section.

There has not been any conflict between Arab users for weeks but you are encouraging trolling for no reason. Nor on this thread. We all got together in a civil manner. Maybe you want to change this?

Well, the bottom line is that the ME is moving forward and then outsiders can laugh all they want.
This region has been neglected and in a bad state for many decades if not centuries compared to its former glory. Silly divisions is not going to help change that rather the opposite. But since you live in the Netherlands then you do not care.

Last edited:
ههههههههههههههههه الف

Iraqi Kafta is the best in the world no joke, I can't get enough of their Kafta and quails. :D :)

Lol i had to google what kafta is. we call it kabab in Iraq. kabab mshiesh or better known as "shish kabab" I think the word shish is of Turkish origin. we use the word in raq for iron or metal bars. hence "shish kabab" is basically cooked using a shish to hold it.
@Alshawi1234 Please educate some of the users here on the Arab cuisine served during the heights of the Islamic civilization and during the Islamic Golden Age when the Turks had yet reached Turkey from Central Asia. Or that served in Al-Andalus. I doubt that those users have a clue (big one) about even one single Arab countries cuisine, for instance Iraqi. Let alone Yemeni etc. So quite funny.

Well Arab cuisine is diverse even in the same countries. There are some foods in other parts of Iraq which surprisingly don't know about or haven't tried, yet alone in other countries. With each region in each country having its own cuisine. put into consideration the Turkish, Persian, Indian, and other influence. you get quite a bit of diversity

In other note. I forgot to mention one really important sweet found exclusively in Iraq, North Iraq to be specific but its pretty popular everywhere in Iraq. It's also found in parts of Iran. There are dozens of shops which make it all across Iraq as well.

it called "men ilsima" in Iraq. Its also mentioned in the Quran in surah 2
وَظَلَّلْنَا عَلَيْكُمُ الْغَمَامَ وَأَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكُمُ الْمَنَّ وَالسَّلْوَى كُلُواْ مِن طَيِّبَاتِ مَا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ وَمَا ظَلَمُونَا وَلَكِن كَانُواْ أَنفُسَهُمْ يَظْلِمُونَ ) *57*

The actual sweet is found on a special type of trees that usually produce it every 2-3 years. A chemical reaction turns the leaves into powder, then the powder turns into rock. The rocks are collected from one type of tree, other trees produce these rocks but they are bitter and cannot be used. These rocks are collected broken down, filtered, and boiled to make a syrup, then egg yolk and nuts are added. There are some well known shops which are known to make it, with each shop making it differently.

Note that there is similar looking sweets, but they are usually made from sugar and not men ilsima.

1545641_594824260570836_1572150581_n.jpg

Were finally getting along, keep the subject food, makes everyone happy. lets not ruin it by turning it into sectarian, or racist thread.

Last edited:
Ah .. Kebabs ... كباب !!!!!

I am a great fan of Iraqi Kebabs .. Iraqis are 2nd to Turks when it comes to Kebabs.

there are very few Iraqi restaurants here in Riyadh sadly.

********************************************************************************************
Why have the women of arabia been spared discussion yet ?

Lets talk some Lebanese .. some syria .. some Palestine :D

Last edited:
@Truth Seeking Missile @atatwolf @T-123456 after reading the whole conversation, you two are wrong and should stop it now.

Espacially atatwolf, you should maybe thing about your formulation, to be honest i wouldnt react different than Al hasani or others if an Arab would talk like that in our section.

After all you started this flamewar and should end it now, before the whole forum become anti Turkish.
It was started by Hasani don't worry that's normal for us when talking to him in PDF...

There is an extreme hardcore Arab nationalist who showed his EXTREME PRIDE and MASSIVE EGO on Arabs within Arabism itself and EXTREMELY DEFENSIVE whenever we talk about culture, people or country etc and that is Al Hasani! You shouldn't take him easily or you're gonna get a headache:suicide2:

This is the most disguist comment by a childish, unrespectful scumbag. Just a friendly fella was asking a question then ...

With which money? Isn't current coup goverment run country with Saudi money? I believe trying to fix economy should be more important for Egypt.

And look! :hitwall:
Yes, we pay for everything in Egypt. Did you not know?

Why do you sound like you are hurt? Are you a Saudi Arabian, Egyptian or let alone an Arab since this matters to you what two brotherly Arab/Semitic countries with ancient ties and Muslim neighbors such as KSA and Egypt do?:o:o_O

Nothing but an extremist Arab nationalist, this have been done by against like 100 members including Iranian, Turkish, Indians and most non GCC members all DNA, culture, political related yet why are we talking to this scum? He even does that on other forum which iranians and alshaawi have spotted him on the same topics he isually speak here.

You shouldn't be accusing @atawolf when he's right, xenon !

I don't have the gut to see this disgustiest racist and takfiri post like Hasani and the second most disgusting member Yzd khalifa...

I'm off....

Last edited:
@Shah9

You are a false flagger, a troll and a double user. 10 users took my side in that debate, even a fellow Iranian, and here you are spreading nonsense as always. That user implied that KSA was running Egypt which was a stupid comment to make. Not at least disrespectful and untrue. My reply, which several users agreed with, had no insults whatsoever and contained a question. Get over it and accept that I have schooled and will continue to school trolls like you in debates. So get lost from this thread and don't troll. We don't want you likes around. I am not an Arab nationalist but I will not tolerate any insults to my people so get used to it. You are the troll that supports Ba'athis while we speak. Even look at your troll avatar. Now don't engage in debates with me and don't ruin this thread with your idiotic behavior as usual.

Lol i had to google what kafta is. we call it kabab in Iraq. kabab mshiesh or better known as "shish kabab" I think the word shish is of Turkish origin. we use the word in raq for iron or metal bars. hence "shish kabab" is basically cooked using a shish to hold it.

Well Arab cuisine is diverse even in the same countries. There are some foods in other parts of Iraq which surprisingly don't know about or haven't tried, yet alone in other countries. With each region in each country having its own cuisine. put into consideration the Turkish, Persian, Indian, and other influence. you get quite a bit of diversity

In other note. I forgot to mention one really important sweet found exclusively in Iraq, North Iraq to be specific but its pretty popular everywhere in Iraq. It's also found in parts of Iran. There are dozens of shops which make it all across Iraq as well.

it called "men ilsima" in Iraq. Its also mentioned in the Quran in surah 2
وَظَلَّلْنَا عَلَيْكُمُ الْغَمَامَ وَأَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكُمُ الْمَنَّ وَالسَّلْوَى كُلُواْ مِن طَيِّبَاتِ مَا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ وَمَا ظَلَمُونَا وَلَكِن كَانُواْ أَنفُسَهُمْ يَظْلِمُونَ ) *57*

The actual sweet is found on a special type of trees that usually produce it every 2-3 years. A chemical reaction turns the leaves into powder, then the powder turns into rock. The rocks are collected from one type of tree, other trees produce these rocks but they are bitter and cannot be used. These rocks are collected broken down, filtered, and boiled to make a syrup, then egg yolk and nuts are added. There are some well known shops which are known to make it, with each shop making it differently.

Note that there is similar looking sweets, but they are usually made from sugar and not men ilsima.

1545641_594824260570836_1572150581_n.jpg

Were finally getting along, keep the subject food, makes everyone happy. lets not ruin it by turning it into sectarian, or racist thread.

Yes, I doubt that any Arab member from whatever country is fully aware of all of his country's (countries) cuisine or all the regional differences in his own country. LET ALONE the whole Arab world.

I have heard a little about that sweet food but if it is mentioned in the Noble Qur'an it might be found in other regions of the ME or am I wrong? Do you know the English word for it if there is a English word for it?

Min il sima7 as it is also known is found in Sham and Northern KSA as well. Actually it is mentioned in this article about Arab hospitality. It must have spread to other countries from Northern Iraq.

http://albahethon.com/?page=show_det&id=985

من السما

It looks somewhat similar to this Makkawi dessert

292253035.jpg

To make matters worse it also looks similar to the almond shaped sweets that you can find in Italy, Tuscany to be precise. Looks very similar.:) They sell them in your usual Western shop. I think that you can easily find them in Canada. Don't recall the name, sadly.

Anyway please post some dates from Basrah and date dishes from there since it is one of the more famous regions in the Arab world when it comes to date production.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom