What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Hmm, dont know. I honestly dont think so. It depends on what your ambitions are though. If you want to start research project and go for MD or PhD then you probably must have top grades and cant have a bunch of 02s.
Otherwise they dont look at grade when employing.
If there is competition in a field, what they mainly look at is if you have done research in that field. But then again, sometimes that itself require good grade to be able to do that.
So it all depends.

Yes, I got a summer-job in Neurology department. I work as an assistant doctor. I assist in admitting patients. I also do lumbar puncture procedures, assist in rounds. :)
I started 2 weeks ago. :)

Yes, it's the same in my field. The only difference is that grades and work experience are more important I think.

You are right about that. it depends so generalization in this case is wrong. But you can talk about tendencies on the other hand.

That's great man! So how are you cooping with all that? Lumbar puncture? Sounds scary. Had to google that.:lol: How dangerous is such a procedure?

If you look at India, it's social indicators and GDP per capita would put it along the levels of your typical Africa country. There is poverty, massive social problems etc.

But then, you have things like Indians launching mars probes and Indigenous Nuclear submarines and such.

I mostly have a negative or a pessimistic outlook of India but accomplishments like these, however usless they maybe, do provide a sliver of pride.

Well, some countires/regions of ME also have very big problems. I think you know that already.;)

Yes, that's the good thing about having a 1.2 billion big population I guess. Then there will always be a lot of talented people. It's harder for 5 million big Oman for instance to do such things although it is not impossible. It just takes much, much harder work.;)

Why should you have that as an Indian? Every country out there has good and bad sides. It's a cliché I know but it's correct. It depends on your outlook here in life. What you want to value and cheerish and what you want to keep away from.

Last edited:
If you look at India, it's social indicators and GDP per capita would put it along the levels of your typical Africa country. There is poverty, massive social problems etc.

But then, you have things like Indians launching mars probes and Indigenous Nuclear submarines and such.

I mostly have a negative or a pessimistic outlook of India but accomplishments like these, however usless they maybe, do provide a sliver of pride.

where is your current country of residence? (it's cool if you want to keep it secret

I live in Denmark currently (for studies), but the rest of my family are scattered in Sweden. :)
Luckily Sweden and Denmark are not that far apart. :)

Yes, it's the same in my field. The only difference is that grades and work experience are more important I think.

You are right about that. it depends so generalization in this case is wrong. But you can talk about tendencies on the other hand.

That's great man! So how are you cooping with all that? Lumbar puncture? Sounds scary. Had to google that.:lol: How dangerous is such a procedure?

Well, some countires/regions of ME also have very big problems. I think you know that already.;)

Yes, that's the good thing about having a 1.2 billion big population I guess. Then there will always be a lot of talented people. It's harder for 5 million big Oman for instance to do such things although it is not impossible. It just takes much, much harder work.;)

Why should you have that as an Indian? Every country out there has good and bad sides. It's a cliché I know but it's correct. It depends on your outlook here in life. What you want to value and cheerish and what you want to keep away from.

Its a bit tough in the start because everything is so new. I mean we've had clinical time in hospitals incorporated in the semester program before, but there you mostly follow another doctor around.
Now, you have to learn to be more independent.

But I think it is good and it will be a valuable experience for me.
Ive only done one LP so far, and it succeeded. :D
I got a thin patient where you could see the spine easy, so it wasnt hard. At least not this first one that I did. It may run into problems later. lol

Its not that dangerous procedure. Its a relatively standard test in our department, to diagnose different diseases.
THere are some minor risk like infection and bleeding. But again, pretty minor risk.
Postlumbar headache is the common though which can last a day or two.

@al-Hasani thanks for the talk.

gotta hit the hay :sleep:

I am in New Zealand.

I have heard all the sheep jokes :lol:

LOL I dont know many of the sheep jokes. :D

Last edited:
Its a bit tough in the start because everything is so new. I mean we've had clinical time in hospitals incorporated in the semester program before, but there you mostly follow another doctor around.
Now, you have to learn to be more independent.

But I think it is good and it will be a valuable experience for me.
Ive only done one LP so far, and it succeeded. :D
I got a thin patient where you could see the spine easy, so it wasnt hard. At least not this first one that I did. It may run into problems later. lol

Its not that dangerous procedure. Its a relatively standard test in our department, to diagnose different diseases.
THere are some minor risk like infection and bleeding. But again, pretty minor risk.
Postlumbar headache is the common though which can last a day or two.

LOL I dont know many of the sheep jokes. :D

Thanks for that explanation! Sounds challenging and interesting so you must be happy. Have you found any companion from that department yet?:lol:

Can I ask if most of the students are ethnic Danes or are Middle Eastern people also represented? Because here in Copenhagen we have many students from the ME which I am happy for. Especially the Arab world and Turkey as they are the biggest groups of minorities in Denmark.

I hope that they can succeed so those that harm their reputations will be silenced.

In France this is a huge problem.

@al-Hasani thanks for the talk.

gotta hit the hay :sleep:

I am in New Zealand.

I have heard all the sheep jokes :lol:

You are welcome buddy. Enjoy your time in New Zealand. Sounds like a very interesting country and beautiful one. I want to visit it. Never been to Oceania. So far away. I would like to meet the Mauris though.:lol:

Im still looking! :rofl:
The nurses are cute! :D

LOL, I can imagine that:D. Hehe. Because you know that most couples get together during their university studies or at work places.:lol:

Thanks for that explanation! Sounds challenging and interesting so you must be happy. Have you found any companion from that department yet?:lol:

Can I ask if most of the students are ethnic Danes or are Middle Eastern people also represented? Because here in Copenhagen we have many students from the ME which I am happy for. Especially the Arab world and Turkey as they are the biggest groups of minorities in Denmark.

I hope that they can succeed so those that harm their reputations will be silenced.

In France this is a huge problem.

Most of the students are ethnic Danes, but there are also a lot of people of foreign origin. Middle East in particular.
I know many Lebanese, Iraqis and Turks in my semester.
They are bright students and very well integrated.

Anyway it's Ramadan so I need to behave. I was already reprimanded on PDF because I posted a few songs on the "Arab Music" thread on this section.:D

I have to go.;)

Cheers @ResurgentIran @Ravi Nair

@Frogman

Good to see you back here bro. How are your military studies going? Don't want to spam the Egyptian Army thread.

Most of the students are ethnic Danes, but there are also a lot of people of foreign origin. Middle East in particular.
I know many Lebanese, Iraqis and Turks in my semester.
They are bright students and very well integrated.

It's good to hear that the same is the case in Aarhus.;)

Good to see you back here bro. How are your military studies going? Don't want to spam the Egyptian Army thread.

Thanks, dude. It's good to be back. My studies are going well and my path towards a Reserve commission is going great so far. I've been away for the past two weeks on exercise and adventure training with my unit, which was great fun but I'm bloody knackered. How are your studies going?

Thanks, dude. It's good to be back. My studies are going well and my path towards a Reserve commission is going great so far. I've been away for the past two weeks on exercise and adventure training with my unit, which was great fun but I'm bloody knackered. How are your studies going?

That's great mate. Congrats!
We need your military expertise here. Especially in the matters of Egyptian and other Arab armies in general. In general just events in Egypt as I see many trolls here.

My studies are going well. I finished my last two exams for the semester last month. So now I have a few days left before I go to Paris to visit family and from there I will relocate to Hijaz for the end of the Ramadan and then I will be back in Denmark in August.:D

ahaha! You like Japanese military history then eh? What other historical areas are you interested in? :)
I love Japanese military history,culture and anime. Alot of historical areas but my most favorite one is the statue of Hachiko at Shibuya Station.

I love Japanese military history,culture and anime. Alot of historical areas but my most favorite one is the statue of Hachiko at Shibuya Station.

That's really impressive Jessica, you really like areas in Japanese history that a lot of Japanese youth don't even remember or care to learn. I find the era of Senggoku Jidai really interesting; its like a doggy eat dog world during Japan's history. May the best (strongest) win. Kinda similar to Italy in the Medieval era when many Italian principalities were vying for supreme power in the peninsula; or in the Chinese' Warring States Period.

I also am fond of colonial history in the americas, and recently started reading into the history of Middle East and African Kingdoms. So much to learn, so much culture !

I'm Kenji by the way. :-)

See you around, Jess!

I don't know where you can find English subtitles for the non-Arabic speakers here.

It's absolutely hillarious and it's a parody of ISIS done by Palestinian comedians from the West Bank.

:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom