What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Aha. What shall I say?:D

Well what about an Indian Infidel defiling your sacred grounds :mad::mad:

I was wondering if there nations in the Middle East besides being super wealthy in population, have like a well educated population, with high social indices and with high stability :unsure:

@ResurgentIran

I think that we just had one of our occasional discussions/outburts that occur once every 1-2 months.:lol:

Well what about an Indian Infidel defiling your sacred grounds :mad::mad:

I was wondering if there nations in the Middle East besides being super wealthy in population, have like a well educated population, with high social indices and with high stability :unsure:

First of all not all countries in the ME are rich, mate. Those that are tend to be stable and there is an on-going industralization and focus on higher education in all of them. Although it is not like in the West for obvious reasons since they are much ahead. Ahead of everyone actually. The literacy rates in the ME also tend to be quite high at least in those above mentioned countries.

Yes, there are such social classes in every society I guess.

Why are you asking?:D

That's ok. Just two Hejazi brothers venting it out ey? :D

I really don't mean what I say, LOL. Just bored and I can get sucked into stupid discussions on PDF quickly nowadays as I am fasting and doing nothing. Normally I tend to be doing physical exercise each day but I can't do that now during Ramadan. So I am just watching Tour de France on TV2.:lol:

Sorry for those posts.

I really don't mean what I say, LOL. Just bored and I can get sucked into stupid discussions on PDF quickly nowadays as I am fasting and doing nothing. Normally I tend to be doing physical exercise each day but I can't do that now during Ramadan. So I am just watching Tour de France on TV2.:lol:

Sorry for those posts.

Yeah, Im sorry too. lol
I always regret what I say, later on. hehe

I hate Tour De France. How can you watch that borefest? lol

Yeah, Im sorry too. lol
I always regret what I say, later on. hehe

I hate Tour De France. How can you watch that borefest? lol

Yes, same here. We tend to forget it always and you know that I like you as a user anyway.

Well, try not eating or drinking during days like today that are warm and humid for Danish standards and at the same time having a messed up sleeping pattern due to the Ramadan and earlier weeks that are bound in the exam period.

I can't spiritually enjoy this month in the current situation before I relocate to Paris and from there Hijaz later.

Well, I like it:D It's Tour de France man. Especially when they hit the mountains.

Yes, same here. We tend to forget it always and you know that I like you as a user anyway.

Well, try not eating or drinking during days like today that are warm and humid for Danish standards and at the same time having a messed up sleeping pattern due to the Ramadan and earlier weeks that are bound in the exam period.

Well, I like it:D It's Tour de France man. Especially when they hit the mountains.

How did your exams go?
Are you free for the summer now?

How did your exams go?
Are you free for the summer now?

I got an A and a B. Translated to 12 and 10 in Denmark as you know. One was a written exam and the last one was an oral (LOL) exam the 18th of June. I have never been that nervous before or during an exam. That's why I was hugely surprised by getting a B for that exam. But those were subjects that I liked.

Yes, I am free academically speaking I just have to send a "dispensation" next week. Then I am trying to look at the possibilities of going abroad (US) again for the next spring semester.

How about you? Got that job yet for the summer? If I recall your application got accepted or am I wrong here?

I got an A and a B. Translated to 12 and 10. One was a written exam and the last one was an oral (LOL) exam the 18th of June. I have never been that nervous before or during an exam. That's why I was hugely surprised by getting a B for that exam. But those were subjects that I liked.

Yes, I am free academically speaking I just have to send a "dispensation" next week. Then I am trying to look at the possibilities of doing abroad (US) again for the next spring semester.

Holy shit, good going!
I got a 4 in Psychiatry. lol
It was a written exam. I didnt study for it much though. I pretty much started studiying for it 2 weeks prior to exam.

However I managed myself better with the oral exam in Otolaryngology (øre næse hals) where I got 10.
It was a clinical exam with a real patient. I got a pretty easy patient. One that had planoceullular cancer in the mouth. :)

@ResurgentIran

I think that we just had one of our occasional discussions/outburts that occur once every 1-2 months.:lol:

First of all not all countries in the ME are rich, mate. Those that are tend to be stable and there is an on-going industralization and focus on higher education in all of them. Although it is not like in the West for obvious reasons since they are much ahead. Ahead of everyone actually. The literacy rates in the ME also tend to be quite high at least in those above mentioned countries.

Yes, there are such social classes in every society I guess.

Why are you asking?:D

I hear Oman and the people there are really pleasant :-)

I was just curious. Because i was reading an article, and it postulated that sometimes being resource rich can be a curse as it leads a country to neglect developing it's most valuable resource, it's Human resource.

Holy shit, good going!
It was a written exam. I didnt study for it much though. I pretty much started studiying for it 2 weeks prior to exam.

However I managed myself better with the oral exam in Otolaryngology (øre næse hals) where I got 10.
It was a clinical exam with a real patient. I got a pretty easy patient. One that had planoceullular cancer in the mouth. :)

what's this?

from worst enemies to friends :unsure:

A couple of Iranian posters here are my friends. My few interactions with Iranians are either professors in University or Doctors in New Zealand :-)

So I always think of them as an intelligent people for some reason :-)

Holy shit, good going!

LOL, as you told then grades are less important in your field. As long as you manage to position yourself in the right position on the job maket and receive the overall degree with not too bad grades. I mean if your exams are full of 02 grades (E) you might get a problem as a doctor or am I wrong here?

That's great man. Congrats. I don't think I would be able to work with such sick persons. Hospitals creep me out a little aside from the responsibility attached to that field. It's probably because I once was confined to a shitty hospital for 1 weak when I was younger. This was in France. Moreover I have a phobia with needles so oveall that field is not for me but as I told you then I have a sister who works in that field and my mother works in dermatology so also the medical field.

My mother actually wanted me to study medicine but I told here that I cannot due to those reasons so I choose chemical engineering, LOL.

Got that job yet for the summer? If I recall your application got accepted or am I wrong here?

I hear Oman and the people there are really pleasant :-)

I was just curious. Because i was reading an article, and it postulated that sometimes being resource rich can be a curse as it leads a country to neglect developing it's most valuable resource, it's Human resource.

what's this?

from worst enemies to friends :unsure:

LOL, me and @ResurgentIran are famous for hot-headed and stupid discussions once in a while but we always make peace right afterwards. Expect something similar to happen in 2 monts time if we are both alive and here. That seems to be the case. 1 hour long discussion (initially normal) that later turns into a few insulsts and gorilla chest chumping just for us to make peace a few minutes after.:lol::rofl:

Yes, that has actually been a problem in some ME countries but it's getting corrected. For instance then KSA has the 4th highest number of students in the US after the Chinese, you Indians and South Koreans. We have the highest number per capita by far.

Also many new universities are being built in KSA and the GCC that attract students and teachers from the West and East but they need to establish themselves first. Some laws and curriculums also need to change which they apparently will be soon.;)

Oman is a cool, beautiful and tranquil place. Omanis are cool people indeed.

Last edited:
LOL, as you told then grades are less important in your field. As long as you manage to position yourself in the right position on the job maket and receive the overall degree with not too bad grades. I mean if your exams are full of 02 grades (E) you might get a problem as a doctor or am I wrong here?

That's great man. Congrats. I don't think I would be able to work with such sick persons. Hospitals creep me out a little aside from the responsibility attached to that field. It's probably because I once was confined to a shitty hospital for 1 weak when I was younger. This was in France. Moreover I have a phobia with needles so oveall that field is not for me but as I told you then I have a sister who works in that field and my mother works in dermatology so also the medical field.

My mother actually wanted me to study medicine but I told here that I cannot due to those reasons so I choose chemical engineering, LOL.

Got that job yet for the summer? If I recall your application got accepted or am I wrong here?

Hmm, dont know. I honestly dont think so. It depends on what your ambitions are though. If you want to start research project and go for MD or PhD then you probably must have top grades and cant have a bunch of 02s.
Otherwise they dont look at grade when employing.
If there is competition in a field, what they mainly look at is if you have done research in that field. But then again, sometimes that itself require good grade to be able to do that.
So it all depends.

Yes, I got a summer-job in Neurology department. I work as an assistant doctor. I assist in admitting patients. I also do lumbar puncture procedures, assist in rounds. :)
I started 2 weeks ago. :)

Yes, that has actually been a problem in some ME countries but it's getting corrected. For instance then KSA has the 4th highest number of students in the US after the Chinese, you Indians and South Koreans. We have the highest number per capita by far.

Also many new universities are being built in KSA and the GCC that attract students and teachers from the West and East but they need to establish themselves first. Some laws and curriculums also need to change which they apparently will be soon.;)

Oman is a cool, beautiful and tranquil place. Omanis are cool people indeed.

If you look at India, it's social indicators and GDP per capita would put it along the levels of your typical Africa country. There is poverty, massive social problems etc.

But then, you have things like Indians launching mars probes and Indigenous Nuclear submarines and such.

I mostly have a negative or a pessimistic outlook of India but accomplishments like these, however usless they maybe, do provide a sliver of pride.

Hmm, dont know. I honestly dont think so. It depends on what your ambitions are though. If you want to start research project and go for MD or PhD then you probably must have top grades and cant have a bunch of 02s.
Otherwise they dont look at grade when employing.
If there is competition in a field, what they mainly look at is if you have done research in that field. But then again, sometimes that itself require good grade to be able to do that.
So it all depends.

Yes, I got a summer-job in Neurology department. I work as an assistant doctor. I assist in admitting patients. I also do lumbar puncture procedures, assist in rounds. :)
I started 2 weeks ago. :)

where is your current country of residence? (it's cool if you want to keep it secret

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom