What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

I agreed with you bro, but if government insist to give bid to BMC, first phase Otokar and FNSS can be start or share peoduction then BMC prepare itself for second phase of production. To production of Altay mbt is impossible with current capability of BMC.

Altay is an industrialization project of Turkish Republic bro. When serial production commenced, I think more than 100 national companies will produce some sections. With new improvements in paralel to technological advancements, Turkey would have aimed to create a safe heavy weight tank family which is designed to purely met the requirements of own armed forces. In this aspect, Delivering the production of your national tank to a foreign hand means to open all secrecy of your strategic product to a state like Germany. Why do we let Germans to know thickness level of armour plates on every cm of Altay chassis/turret ? Why do we let Germans to know about weaknesses of a national product ? I really don't get WTF is going on in politic seats When the subject became big projects like Milgem and Altay. At least, Gave it to FNSS If you don't like Otokar. They have one of the best design center and working with hundreds of small scale sme. They have a perfect history when it comes to R&D activities. They are now designing one of the most difficult engineering vehicle called ZAHA and sole company that is able to compete with Otokar in an engineering competition.

I agreed with you bro, but if government insist to give bid to BMC, first phase Otokar and FNSS can be start or share peoduction then BMC prepare itself for second phase of production. To production of Altay mbt is impossible with current capability of BMC.
This mentality disturbs me why should we accept that corrupt greedy people are allowed to fill their pockets on the back of Turkish nations strategic projects?
Is that how Erdogan is gonna make Turkey top 10 economy in 5 years?

Altay is an industrialization project of Turkish Republic bro. When serial production commenced, I think more than 100 national companies will produce some sections. With new improvements in paralel to technological advancements, Turkey would have aimed to create a safe heavy weight tank family which is designed to purely met the requirements of own armed forces. In this aspect, Delivering the production of your national tank to a foreign hand means to open all secrecy of your strategic product to a state like Germany. Why do we let Germans to know thickness level of armour plates on every cm of Altay chassis/armour ? Why do we let Germans to know about weaknesses of a national product ? I really don't get WTF is going on in politic seats When the subject became big projects like Milgem and Altay. At least, Gave it to FNSS If you don't like Otokar. They have one of the best design center and working with hundreds of small scale sme. They have a perfect history when it comes to R&D activities. They are now designing one of the most difficult engineering vehicle called ZAHA and sole company that is able to compete with Otokar in an engineering competition.
You know all the answers to your questions,its all about stubborness(Koc family and Erdogan,both sides) and money(who pays most).

You know all the answers to your questions,its all about stubborness(Koc family and Erdogan,both sides) and money(who pays most).

It's not about who pays the most, abi... the Turks will pay about all that but nobody up there cares.

It's about who gets the most and we all know who they are. The loyal leeches around the Sultan.

Altay is an industrialization project of Turkish Republic bro. When serial production commenced, I think more than 100 national companies will produce some sections. With new improvements in paralel to technological advancements, Turkey would have aimed to create a safe heavy weight tank family which is designed to purely met the requirements of own armed forces. In this aspect, Delivering the production of your national tank to a foreign hand means to open all secrecy of your strategic product to a state like Germany. Why do we let Germans to know thickness level of armour plates on every cm of Altay chassis/armour ? Why do we let Germans to know about weaknesses of a national product ? I really don't get WTF is going on in politic seats When the subject became big projects like Milgem and Altay. At least, Gave it to FNSS If you don't like Otokar. They have one of the best design center and working with hundreds of small scale sme. They have a perfect history when it comes to R&D activities. They are now designing one of the most difficult engineering vehicle called ZAHA and sole state that is able to compete with Otokar in an engineering competition.
On top of projects like ZAHA and the history of designing and manufacturing successfully other tracked and wheeled vehicles FNSS also have the experience of the Kaplan 30 MT. Yes its not MBT but the fact that they designed and produced successful prototype acting according to the requirements of second country is big success on its own. Other than Otokar and FNSS I dont see logical competitor that would be able to produce Altay on the level that we would want to see it. We can make it on our own but its not enough that they are thinking how to give the project to company that dont have experience in tracked vehicles but also they are thinking how to sell as you say strategic project like Altay to the Germans. I am looking forward to comments from SSM.

PM about Leopard modernization !
While Aselsan has already upgraded Leopard, It seems We are begging Germans to upgrade them.
"Modernizasyonda çaresiz değiliz. Almanya verirse ne ala, memnun oluruz ama bizim alternatiflerimiz her zaman var. Kendimiz de yapabiliriz"

Yav bu adam milletle dalgami geciyor? Madem kendimiz yapabiliyoruz neden daha gecen ay yaptirim yapan ülkeye dileniyoruz?
Gercekten agzimi bozacam simdi, neden bizim millet böyle insalari kendilerine lider olarak reva görüyor? Insanin sacini basini yolasi geliyor varya.

In the 21th century, are there any secrets , which we should be afraid of giving foreigners and multinationals, about our tanks?
They know Turkish industrial capacity better than us.

The problem of joint ventures with multinationals is being bound them , exporting your tank.
If your foreign partner refused to sell Tanks to Turkmenistan or Azerbaidjan what would you do?

Otokar or %100 Turkish company gives freedom in front of International laws.

PM about Leopard modernization !
While Aselsan has already upgraded Leopard, It seems We are begging Germans to upgrade them.

Yeah because our Goverment has not the balls to give it Aselsan.
All our Turkish Companies did a great job the last 10 Years!

Aselsan, Otokar, FNSS, etc. these companies are the only hope to get a fully independent Defence Industry, but the Goverment trust foreign (Rheinmetall, BMC) Companies more...sad!

100% Yerli ve Milli my A$$... :woot:

Last edited:
Germans havent sold CNC machinery to russia since american-ukranian sunctions. Russians are really in misery unfortunately Germans produce best CNC machinery which Turkish or Chinese couldnt be replaced.

Yeah because our Goverment has not the balls to give it Aselsan.
All our Turkish Companies did a great job the last 10 Years!

Aselsan, Otokar, FNSS, etc. these companies are the only hope to get a fully independent Defence Industrie, but the Goverment trust foreign (Rheinmetall, BMC) Companies more...sad!

100% Yerli ve Milli my A$$... :woot:

I wonder if german modernization "would" include an APS

Germans havent sold CNC machinery to russia since american-ukranian sunctions. Russians are really in misery unfortunately Germans produce best CNC machinery which Turkish or Chinese couldnt be replaced.

Where are Japans in such technologies? We can buy from them if we are incapable. Why insisting on germany

This sentence is killing me. Any statement including "german" kills me.

I want to think positive. Since the reportage given to a German media organization, PM aims a ultra positive stance to normalize the relations seems as “begging” and so he needs to composes such statements to spread unreal flowers all around about subjects related with Germans. Otherwise, A person who knows what he is talking about, doesn’t make such things. I don’t think Germans on Altay serial production issue is about CNC machines.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom