What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

I second that. Very disgraceful and irresponsible. He should resign immediately. Whenever a politician sucks up to a country which is usually hostile to Turkiye, doesnt matter what party or which side, he/she doesnt deserve being PM of this country.

You think Binali does something without Erdogan approving? Or let me ask you this way: Will Erdogan make him resign like he did with Davutoglu?

You think Binali does something without Erdogan approving? Or let me ask you this way: Will Erdogan make him resign like he did with Davutoglu?

He should. Binali is a person who doesnt know "speaking". he is not aware what he is saying.. im sure Erdoğan told him to try to normalize affairs. But he is far away from adopting a bureaucratic language.

Instead he went there and sucked their ....

I hope state wont make that mistake to work with germans for mass production of Altay to give bid to BMC, it will be very very big shame for our country.

Somebodies who very brave have to inform government about that mistake, at least they should give to bid FNSS which has better capability than BMC to manufacturing MBT. Or they share to project among companies so that project don't be messed up...

I wonder which components of Altay is German made? Engine is German, okay.

Fire control computer : Turkish
Telecommunication : Turkish
Periscope : Turkish
RCWS : Turkish
Body hull : Turkish
Armor : Turkish
Smoke launchers : ???
laser warning receivers : Turkish

even ammunition is Turkish o_O I wonder what is german made other than transmission and engine?

This whole story turns into a huge farce just because the right people should fill their asses with money as quickly as possible. And we are talking about a strategic project that is the future of the Turkish Land Forces and can be a game changer for Turkey's defense industry. Let's see how many medias will even open their mouth about this scandal...

And all that is just a drop in the ocean. Then some people wonder why the young and brithest try to leave Turkey looking for better chances abroad or why many Turkish companies and business people look for ways to move all their assets and lives abroad. Whoever dares to tell the hard truth is called a "Traitor" in the country where corruption is a way of life.

I hope state wont make that mistake to work with germans for mass production of Altay to give bid to BMC, it will be very very big shame for our country.

Somebodies who very brave have to inform government about that mistake, at least they should give to bid FNSS which has better capability than BMC to manufacturing MBT. Or they share to project among companies so that project don't be messed up...

Separating the production phase is not a good idea because It has already been separated and the institute that is going to get the tender will produce the body and assemble the manufactured parts but Producer should have qualified tracked armoured vehicle design skills to add new achievements to improve capabilities of tank as soon as possible. In following phase, It was thought Addition R&D's will provide better variants of Altay but How with BMC? Do we suppose Germans share their expertise with Turkiye ?

Gun, Wheels: MKEK
Armour: Roketsan
FCS, Electronics, Sights, Communication, RCWS, APS, Sensors: Aselsan

Well German media reported that Turkey was interested in armor and also APS, but i dont know if thats for Altay or the old Leos.

Well German media reported that Turkey was interested in armor and also APS, but i dont know if thats for Altay or the old Leos.

Leo modernization has been given to BMC and They are trying to convince Germans to stop sanctions to give Altay to BMC...

Separating the production phase is not a good idea because It has already been separated and the institute that is going to get the tender will produce the body and assemble the manufactured parts but Producer should have qualified tracked armoured vehicle design skills to add new achievements to improve capabilities of tank as soon as possible. In following phase, It was thought Addition R&D's will provide better variants of Altay but How with BMC? Do we suppose Germans share their expertise with Turkiye ?

America did this with sherman production. They were able to build some 50 thousand shermans in a very short time because of that economic mobilization and multiple factories working seperately.

We won't build 50 thousand Altays. We probably won't even produce 1000 before Altay 2 is made. I think that the 4 man configuration is coming to an end. T14 Artmata is showing great promise.

So you might be right.

I think RBSS is like 40% each for BMC and Rheinmetall and 20% for the Malaysian share. BMC is 50% Qatari, that means yerli my ***, at least most of the profits go to other countries.

I agreed with you bro, but if government insist to give bid to BMC, first phase Otokar and FNSS can be start or share peoduction then BMC prepare itself for second phase of production. To production of Altay mbt is impossible with current capability of BMC.

Back
Top Bottom