What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Binali Yildirim needs to resign immediately. This a huge disgrace to this Country. All the sweat and blood that went into this project to make it a pure TURKISH tank is being thrown out of the window together with all hope of seeing Altay in other countries for the greed of politicians. They are giving ammunition to the german media who will cry for years when we start using Altay in fights. We all know it and they will take credit for producing the tank.

Who is advicing PM to talk such way? Underestimating the national capabilities to look nice to Germans?

This explains why Yücel was let go. They are trying to bribe the germans behind doors to let Rheinmetall produce the tank in Turkey in a BMC factory for BMC. That is why they delayed the serial production even though FNSS and Otokar had good offers on the table.

OTOKAR is the onlyone who has the knowhow to build the ALTAY.
The right one is designed and build by OTOKAR it's nearly a another Tank.

They deserved this PROJECT.

altay-asimetrik-harp-tanki-3.jpg

The altay project is dead if this is really going to happen

A Company which has no expertise with tracked vehicles not even wheeled APCs wants to build the peak engineering feat of any military company and the most important machine of any army, what can wrong? Let me tell you: everything and everything will go wrong. Those tanks wont even have near the quality and performance of those built by Otokar for the trials.

Also btw. BMC won't have any access to the AHT version which the Army wanted. Sooo... congrats. I estimate another 5-10 years until they figure out how to even build the AHT version.

A Company which has no expertise with tracked vehicles not even wheeled APCs wants to build the peak engineering feat of any military company and the most important machine of any army, what can wrong? Let me tell you: everything and everything will go wrong. Those tanks wont even have near the quality and performance of those built by Otokar for the trials.

Also btw. BMC won't have any access to the AHT version which the Army wanted. Sooo... congrats. I estimate another 5-10 years until they figure out how to even build the AHT version.

Builds BMC only the Engine or the whole Tank?
I've heard that they only build the Engine...

Who is advicing PM to talk such way? Underestimating the national capabilities to look nice to Germans?
This is pure disrespect to all the people who were working over the project designing one of the best tanks in the world together with national top class and state of art systems and technologies. For sure someone must put that question publicly. If I was from the scientists or workers working over the project I would be feeling disrespected and underestimated and I was definitely going to say some hard words.

Binali Yildirim needs to resign immediately. This a huge disgrace to this Country. All the sweat and blood that went into this project to make it a pure TURKISH tank is being thrown out of the window together with all hope of seeing Altay in other countries for the greed of politicians. They are giving ammunition to the german media who will cry for years when we start using Altay in fights. We all know it and they will take credit for producing the tank.

Actually this is the hard bitter reality, when people are talking about tender should go to bmc or koc, ther is no faking infrastructure for the project. In the end we would have worked with germany, so bmc and koc would have to work with germany.

Muhahahha, i am finished if this is treu.

This is pure disrespect to all the people who were working over the project designing one of the best tanks in the world together with national top class and state of art systems and technologies. For sure someone must put that question publicly. If I was from the scientists or workers working over the project I would be feeling disrespected and underestimated and I was definitely going to say some hard words.

Other weird part of that story is, PM of Turkey as one of the decision maker of this tender, is openly advising Germans to be a part of Altay production phase as partner of BMC with telling How it will be useful for them, while decision of tender hasn't been announced yet. He behaves somebody like a CEO of BMC instead of PM, While telling How great contribution Germans have, While minor contr. of Turkish institutes in Altay. If they refuse, BMC wouldn't get the tender so Politicians became a CEO. What a pity !

Other weird part of that story is, PM of Turkey as one of the decision maker of this tender, is openly advising Germans to be a part of Altay production phase as partner of BMC with telling How it will be useful for them, while decision of tender hasn't been announced yet. He behaves somebody like a CEO of BMC instead of PM, While telling How great contribution Germans have, While minor contr. of Turkish institutes in Altay. If they refuse, BMC wouldn't get the tender so Politicians became a CEO. What a pity !
I really dont want to enter politics but all the actions of the government around that tender and especially that last fail is creating some bad scenarios in my head. @xenon54 knows very well what I am talking about but if we go deeper the thread will turn in another Ulke Yonetimi thread. I am just sad for all the people who worked over the project. They really dont deserve this.

Isnt it obvious but people tone it down because they dont want to get politics into this, but it is entirely politics.

BMC owner and the Qatari investors are Erdogans buddies. The tender has been delayed so many times and they still couldnt get BMC ready it seems, so now the PM of Turkey is acting in the interest of ONE COMPANY in front of the whole world.

I second that. Very disgraceful and irresponsible. He should resign immediately. Whenever a politician sucks up to a country which is usually hostile to Turkiye, doesnt matter what party or which side, he/she doesnt deserve being PM of this country.

Back
Top Bottom