What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

salam to all, now there are some rumors in Pakistan Army section that Pakistan negotiation with Turkey for Altay tanks is that true ?

salam to all, now there are some rumors in Pakistan Army section that Pakistan negotiation with Turkey for Altay tanks is that true ?

You asked the same question before, the answer is the same.

salam to you all, can any bro tell me that i hear some thing about that Turkey is helping out Pakistan for its AK-2 is it true ?

MKE 120mm High Pressure Test Ammunition
lOdJPr.jpg

Please don't tell me you confused HEAT with SABOT.
Right now we have MKEK APFSDS and Korean made HEAT. But HEAT is more expensive and has less explosive charge than the regular HE. We don't have HE.

Soooo... what is what now? Some report BMC got it others say there is still now decision?!

i think Rheinmetall is the reason why BMC has the contract, 2016 they (BMC+Rheinmetall) established the joint venture "RBSS" Rheinmetall BMC Savunma Sanayi.

In the last few months Rheinmetall was looking for engineers (in Germany)... joblocation Istanbul and Ankara :rolleyes1:

I'm kind of happy Tümosan didn't get the contract. Turkey deserves a tractor brand like New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Deutz Fahr, John Deere. Tümosan should focus on making better tractors.

You can easily identify someone talking from their arse about tanks when they start talking about "shot traps". For modern APFSDS rounds and armour, the angle necessary for ricochet is less than 7°. For the latest penetrators it's probably about 5°. Sloped armour has only been used on relatively recent tanks for increasing LOS armour thickness, not to avoid shot traps. Shot traps haven't been a thing in tank design for almost 50 years.
KaVMdKZ.png
a 30mm ap round can get caught in that shot trap and penetrate :D
or hit the turret ring and immobilize the turret

as if sabot is the only round a tank can face in the battlefield :D
bad design is bad design regardless of the year

Israeli magach 6B had a similiarly shaped turret and they abandoned it.
I wonder why. :coffee:

15225841413_9f7c189365_o.jpg

I bet 25mm gun on the bradley fighting vehicle would penetrate the of the M60's dorsal hull armor as well. Dorsal armor is about a centimeter thick RHA, it's really thin. Only question is, what type of armor Roketsan have used. It doesn't look like ERA to me I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not NERA either. However I will not share what I think it is.

Last edited:
a 30mm ap round can get caught in that shot trap and penetrate :D
or hit the turret ring and immobilize the turret

as if sabot is the only round a tank can face in the battlefield :D
bad design is bad design regardless of the year

Israeli magach 6B had a similiarly shaped turret and they abandoned it.
I wonder why. :coffee:

15225841413_9f7c189365_o.jpg

I bet 25mm gun on the bradley fighting vehicle would penetrate the of the M60's dorsal hull armor as well. Dorsal armor is about a centimeter thick RHA, it's really thin. Only question is, what type of armor Roketsan have used. It doesn't look like ERA to me I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not NERA either. However I will not share what I think it is.
What a cute tank !

Back
Top Bottom