What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Otokar offers a tank with german engine! Where is the pros of being %100 national company?
BMC with foreigner shareholders offers a built tank plus engine.
BMC happens to fulfit requirements.
If the engine and tank together are produced in Turkey, there is no need to be a panic.

We can make it in the same shape. That's what I meant.

ps. I wish we could cut the glacis plate and change it with composite armor. Simply adding ERA on top of the glacis plate reduces the gun depression, I'd rather not have that.

Aselsan upgrade

C_eAo5iXsAEM1qr.jpg

C_eAkJ3XkAAJuaM.jpg
C_eAeJOXgAAVYdh.jpg

Aselsan upgrade

C_eAo5iXsAEM1qr.jpg

C_eAkJ3XkAAJuaM.jpg
C_eAeJOXgAAVYdh.jpg
This is the prototype I saw earlier:
DFFkSu7XYAAZa_W.jpg

regardless,
upload_2018-2-10_0-28-46.png

in a mountainous country like Turkey, gun depression is important, if we could modify the glacis plate without reducing the angle in which the gun can operate, it could be more costly but it would be much better.

We don't even know what will aselsan do. You probably meant this

Jajjlo.jpg

http://www.roketsan.com.tr/en/urunl...ozumleri/balistik-koruma-merkezi-bkm-projesi/
This is Roketsan's solution. Aselsan may adobt that desing, but probably will go with their own.
I hope we get one without huge shot traps.

DFFkSu7XYAAZa_W.jpg

regardless,
View attachment 452950

in a mountainous country like Turkey, gun depression is important, if we could modify the glacis plate without reducing the angle in which the gun can operate, it could be more costly but it would be much better.

Give an exemple of that "gun depression" with a sabra one...

Whats that?
limited gun depression on a tank is something an enemy can take advantage of. Several russian tanks have this problem too.
For example the russian tank is coming over the hill, but can only fire after exposing their underside.
alternatively A german Leo 2 tank with good gun depression can shoot downwards, and remain hull down, protecting half their body. Bad gun depression means the tank has to expose more of itself to shoot.

This is because the turret roof stops the breech (loading part) from going up. Like a see-saw. Like this. In thıs picture you have good depression. You can engage enemy target without expose your frontal armour or your lower plate.
strv74-9.jpg

2_zswlsvcmk.jpg

Hull-down-hill-world-of-tanks.png

You should start play World of Tanks bro :P

limited gun depression on a tank is something an enemy can take advantage of. Several russian tanks have this problem too.
For example the russian tank is coming over the hill, but can only fire after exposing their underside.
alternatively A german Leo 2 tank with good gun depression can shoot downwards, and remain hull down, protecting half their body. Bad gun depression means the tank has to expose more of itself to shoot.

This is because the turret roof stops the breech (loading part) from going up. Like a see-saw. Like this. In thıs picture you have good depression. You can engage enemy target without expose your frontal armour or your lower plate.

But it'salready made into the tank? I mean you can't tweak it? the manufacturer already gave an Up and Down lock..;so I don't think it could be upgraded... and if it did..; it will be limited in the case of M60...

DFFkSu7XYAAZa_W.jpg

regardless,
View attachment 452950

Still we dont know what kind of reactive armour Roketsan has used.
This plates are said to be unexplosive reactive armour because their size and thickness.

But it'salready made into the tank? I mean you can't tweak it? the manufacturer already gave an Up and Down lock..;so I don't think it could be upgraded... and if it did..; it will be limited in the case of M60...

Honestly i dont know that much. But logic dictates that if you want better gun depression you either improve turret. By improving i meant making the turret longer. But if you do that tanks silluette will be longer ergo tank will be easier target. Or if you can move the turrent ring in front of the tank gun depression will also improve. But that choise need alot of R-D. By the way Merkava's gun depression is really bad because turret had to built in the rear end of the tank because of engine block being in the front and emergency exit being on the back. Sorry for my bad english :)

Comparison ;
Merkava MK4's gun depression is 7 Degrees.
Leopard2A4 and M1A2's gun depression is 10 degrees.

I don believe that those are shot traps as you suggest. ERA doesn’t completely deflect the round.ERA’s job is simply to render the round/missile useless against the composite armour underneath it.

strv74-9.jpg

2_zswlsvcmk.jpg

Attachments

• 4021DAE3-2FB8-4601-9E4E-721F38A16861.jpeg
    4021DAE3-2FB8-4601-9E4E-721F38A16861.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 31
Honestly i dont know that much. But logic dictates that if you want better gun depression you either improve turret. By improving i meant making the turret longer. But if you do that tanks silluette will be longer ergo tank will be easier target. Or if you can move the turrent ring in front of the tank gun depression will also improve. But that choise need alot of R-D. By the way Merkava's gun depression is really bad because turret had to built in the rear end of the tank because of engine block being in the front and emergency exit being on the back. Sorry for my bad english :)

Comparison ;
Merkava MK4's gun depression is 7 Degrees.
Leopard2A4 and M1A2's gun depression is 10 degrees.

You don’t need to go much further!
Here’s the abilities of Korean K-2’s hydropneumatic suspensions abilities
IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

Back
Top Bottom